Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

TOP 1000 Recipes (Photos+Full Details)

Views: 64572  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 103 votes, 4.99 average.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:13 AM

Vegetable Pot Stickers

I found this recipe from Ming Tsai on the Food Network site and couldn't wait to make them. It was a bit time consuming but so worth it because they turned out fantastic. These were truly the best tasting pot stickers I have ever had. To save time, I used a gyoza dipping sauce and sweet chili sauce that I already had in the refrigerator for dipping. My whole family really loved these pot stickers, especially my daughter, who could have eaten the whole batch by herself. I served these vegetable pot stickers with the Asian Style Pork Chops and Sesame Green Beans for a healthy and delicious dinner. I highly recommend this recipe.

Vegetable Pot Stickers:
Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Ming Tsai ~ Food Network
  • 2 tsp canola oil
  • 1/2 small red onion, diced
  • 1 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 cup of white savoy cabbage, chopped finely
  • 1 cup of carrots, shredded
  • 1/4 cup of chives, chopped
  • 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • Sea salt and white pepper, to taste
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 20 round gyoza wraps
  • Olive oil cooking spray
  • Water

Heat the canola oil in a large s****et over medium heat. Once it is hot add the onion and mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes; add the cabbage, carrots, chives, ginger, and garlic. Season with sea salt and white pepper, to taste and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often. Taste and re-season if needed. Set aside to let the mixture cool down. Once the mixture has cooled, add the sesame oil and cilantro then mix well.

Spread out the pot sticker wraps onto wax paper then scoop a small teaspoon full of filling onto the center of each wrap.

Wet the top of each pot sticker wrap with a baster brush dipped in water. Fold the pot sticker to make a moon shape and pinch shut with 3 to 4 pleats along the side. Really make sure they are sealed, so the filling doesn't fall out. Repeat this process until all the mixture is used up.

Heat a large non stick s****et coated with cooking spray over medium high heat. Once the pan is HOT add the pot stickers, and cook until the bottoms are browned, about 3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of water and immediately cover with a lid to steam the pot stickers. Carefully watch the pot stickers and completely evaporate the water so the bottom gets crispy again and sticks to the s****et. Serve immediately with dipping sauce. Enjoy.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:13 AM

Asian Style Pork Chops

I had some thick cut pork chops to use up so I went in search of a recipe online. I found this one at Life's Ambrosia that sounded simple and delicious. I adapted it just a bit by using fresh ginger, using a bit more soy sauce, using less sriracha (to make them kid friendly), and by cooking the meat in a grill pan instead of the oven. They turned out really tender, juicy, and flavorful. My whole family enjoyed these chops and they paired nicely with the homemade pot stickers (recipe to come) I made.

Asian Style Pork Chops:
Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Life's Ambrosia
  • 4 cloves of garlic minced
  • 2 tsp rice vinegar
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp sriracha sauce
  • 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
  • 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
  • 2 tsp soy sauce
  • 2 thick cut boneless pork chops

Combine all of the ingredients together in a zip lock bag, mix them thoroughly, then add the pork chops and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

Heat the grill pan over medium high heat until hot. Coat the pan with cooking spray then add the pork chops. Cook for 5-6 minutes then flip the pork; continue cooking for 5-6 minutes or until the pork is cooked through. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:14 AM

Roasted Baby Potatoes with Parsley and ****er

I wanted a simple side dish to go along with the Blackened Flank Steak I served for dinner. I found some baby potatoes and parsley in the refrigerator so I decided to roast the potatoes then toss them with a bit of ****er and parsley. They tasted so delicious! We ll loved this side dish, especially my daughter whole gobbled them right up.

Roasted Baby Potatoes with Parsley and ****er:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • 12 oz baby potatoes
  • Drizzle of olive oil
  • Garlic powder, to taste
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
  • 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 tbsp ****er
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray then add the baby potatoes. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil then season with garlic powder, sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Place into the oven and roast for 10 minutes then toss them. Continue to roast for an additional 10-15 minutes or until tender and cooked through.

Toss the roasted potatoes with the ****er and freshly chopped parsley until evenly coated. Serve immediately. Enjoy.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:14 AM

Blackened Flank Steak

While perusing one of my favorite food blogs, Nibble Me This, I saw this recipe for a blackened dry rub for steaks. I had a flank steak in my fridge that I needed to use up so I decided to give this spicy rub a try. I adapted it just a bit by using less cayenne pepper and using celery salt instead of celery seed. I sprinkled it lightly on one portion of the steak so it wouldn't be too spicy for my kids. It turned out so delicious! My husband and I both loved the flavor of the spicy rub on the flank steak and the kick it gave to the meat. Thanks for a fantastic recipe Chris!

Blackened Flank Steak:
Adapted recipe by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Chris at Nibble Me This
  • 1/2 tbsp paprika
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp white pepper
  • 1/4 tsp thyme
  • 1/4 tsp oregano
  • 1/4 tsp celery salt
  • Dash of cayenne
  • Flank steak

Combine the spices together and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle on each side of the flank steak.

Heat the grill pan on medium high heat and coat with olive oil cooking spray. Cook the flank steak for 3-4 minutes per side or until it's cooked to your desired degree of doneness. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing in thin slices against the grain. Enjoy.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:15 AM

Banana Banana Bread

I love to experiment with baking by adding fruits, chocolates, and nuts to different muffin, bread, and cookie recipes. However, sometimes I just want to bake simple recipes really focusing on the main ingredient. I had four ripe bananas to use up so I went in search of some banana recipes. I found this banana banana bread on Allrecipes.com and decided to give it a try. I adapted it a bit by adding vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg but otherwise followed the recipe. The banana flavor was amazing in this loaf of bread - it was moist and absolutely delicious! Sometimes, simple is best.

Banana Banana Bread:
Adapted recipe by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Shelley on Allrecipes.com
  • 1/2 cup of ****er, softened
  • 3/4 cup of brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/3 cups of mashed overripe bananas (I used 4)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp fresh nutmeg, grated

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees then coat a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, beat together the ****er and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs, bananas, and vanilla then continue beating until well combined.

In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and fresh nutmeg together, mix well.

Add the flour mixture into the banana mixture and stir until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.

Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack. Slice and slather with ****er. Enjoy!

Tags
food, photos, recipes, top 1000

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum