Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Beach-o-beach drowned; actors unpaid

Views: 1735  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 10-07-2009, 03:00 PM

Default Beach-o-beach drowned; actors unpaid

After having watched Baywatch one was pleasantly surprised when Colors gave the nod to Paritosh Painter’s bold show ‘Beach-o-beach.’ However, it’s been over eight months since the news of the show broke but the show is yet to take-off. It’s now learnt that Beach-o-beach has been s****ped.

Says a source, “Beach-o-beach has been s****ped. Apparently, the show no longer falls in line with the genre that’s prevalent on the channel. Most GECs only want rural tales and they can’t risk a show with actors in their swimwear.”

We spoke to an actor from the show who confirmed the news to us. “It’s been about a month since we were told that the show has been s****ped. We’re all now looking for new shows,” said the actor.

The actors have shot for 20 episodes but are yet to be paid a penny. “I haven’t been paid a single rupee and I’m not confident about receiving any.

The contract stated that we’ll be paid after 60 days of the telecast. But when the show has been s****ped, how do we expect the channel to release money?”

Yet another actor is upset at the turn of events. “I’ve invested over eight months in the show. We’ve shot 20 episodes. I’d missed out on other plum projects so it’s imperative that the producer clears my dues. I’m not bothered about the channel. All I want is my money,” chided this actor.

We tried contacting producer Paritosh Painter and even sent him a text message but he didn’t reply.

Beach-o-beach has signed actors likeAniruddh Dave, Chahat Khanna, Tarul Swami, and Daljeet Kaur.

We empathize with the actors and all we can say is that is that this one effort which is gone down the drain.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->