Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

12 Flops & 4 Hits - Ayushmann Khurrana (Gulabo Sitabo)

Views: 1669  
Old 06-03-2020, 03:03 AM

Default 12 Flops & 4 Hits - Ayushmann Khurrana (Gulabo Sitabo)

About, Bio:
Ayushmann Khurrana was born on 14 September 1984 in Chandigarh, India. Ayushmann started off his career as a popular radio jockey, and eventually became a VJ on MTV India and one of the most popular hosts in India. He shot to stardom with the runaway hit, 'Vicky Donor' in 2012. His effortless act in his debut won him rave reviews and the film went on to become one of the biggest hits of the year. The quirky film coupled with some fabulous songs, especially 'Paani da' (sung & co-composed by Khurrana) marked his arrival in the Hindi film industry. He also won a slew of highly prestigious awards in 2012.

A native of Punjab, Ayushmann studied at St. John's High School and DAV College in Chandigarh. He majored in English literature and has a master's degree in Mass Communication from School of Communication Studies, Punjab University, in Chandigarh. He did serious theatre for five years. He was also the founder member of DAV College's "Aaghaaz" and "Manchtantra", which are active theatre groups in Chandigarh. He has conceptualized and acted in street plays, and won prizes in national college festivals like Mood Indigo (IIT Bombay), Oasis (Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani) and St. Bedes Simla. He also won a Best Actor award for playing Ashwatthama in Dharamvir Bharati's Andha Yug.

From theatre to television to the big screen, Ayushmann's progression as an artist has been one of the most organic ones. He followed up his Vicky Donor act with some films where his performances were highly appreciated by the audience and critics alike. Ayushmann simultaneously built his oeuvre as a singer and live performer as well. His three singles - 'O Heeriye,' 'Mitti Di Khushboo,' and the latest, 'Yahin Hoon Main' - have won millions of hearts.

Interesting, Unknown Facts
  • Ayushmann had participated in the second season of MTV Roadies (2003) in the year 2004 and emerged as the winner of the show.
  • After completing his graduation from college, Ayushmann worked as a Radio Jockey at 92.7 Big FM and hosted a show called "Big Chai - Maan Na Maan, Main Tera Ayushmann".
  • During MTV Roadies (2003), one of the tasks assigned to Ayushmann was sperm donation. Eight years later, he did a movie called Vicky Donor (2012) in which he played the role of a sperm donor.
  • Ayushmann had participated in the first season of the reality show India's Best Cinestars Ki Khoj (2004) but was rejected by the Judges. Ten years later he received an invitation to be the judge on the same show.
  • Ayushmann did small roles in television shows Kayamath (2007) and Ek Thi Rajkumari as it helped him survive during his days of struggle in Mumbai.
  • In the year 2002, Ayushmann appeared on television for the first time when he participated in the musical reality show Channel V Popstars.
  • During his college days, Ayushmann along with his friends used to get on a train called Pashchim Express and sing songs. In return, the passengers used to give him and his friends money.
  • During his initial days as an actor in Mumbai, Karan Johar met him at an award function and gave him the landline phone number of his production house, Dharma Productions. Ayushmann called on the number with the hope of getting some work, but to his disappointment he was told that they only work with stars.

Secrets revealed in Interviews:
  • I've realised something: Either you have to be a superstar, or your script has to be one. So till the time I'm not a superstar, my scripts should do that job.
  • If you have a mainstream actor attached to a subject like this (Article 15 (2019)), it reaches out to a wider audience. We want to reach out to people who believe in caste discrimination and if we are able to change the mindset of one person that will be the true victory for us.
  • Success is a lousy teacher but failure is a friend, philosopher and guide.
  • Most contestants had moved base to Mumbai to cash in on the Roadies fame. My dad told me that I wasn't prepared. There was no dearth of talent in Mumbai, but there was a dearth of intelligent talent. He asked me not to skip my education.
  • When I auditioned for TV, they used to tell me all sorts of things. Some said my eyebrows were too thick. Others said my accent was too Punjabi.

Awards
  • Best Male Playback Singer, 2012 for Vicky Donor
  • Best Debut Actor, 2012 for Vicky Donor
  • Best Actor - Critics for Andhadhun, Badhaai ho, Article 15
  • Best Actor by National Film Awards for Andhadhun

Flop Films
  • Nautanki Saala!, 2013
  • Bewakoofiyaan, 2014
  • Hawaizaada, 2015
  • Dum Laga Ke Haisha, 2015
  • Meri Pyaari Bindu, 2017
  • Bareilly Ki Barfi, 2017
  • Shubh Mangal Savdhan, 2017
  • Dream Girl, 2019
  • Bala, 2019
  • Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, 2020
  • Gulabo Sitabo, 2020

Hit Films
  • Vicky Donor, 2012
  • Andhadhun, 2018
  • Badhaai Ho, 2018
  • Article 15, 2019

Tags
Ayushmann Khurrana, ayushmann khurrana age, Ayushmann Khurrana Awards, Ayushmann Khurrana Flop films, Ayushmann Khurrana Flops, Ayushmann Khurrana Hit Films, Ayushmann Khurrana Hits, Ayushmann Khurrana Next, ayushmann khurrana songs, Ayushmann Khurrana Upcoming films, bollywood, Flop Films, Hit Films, stars, upcoming bollywood movies

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum