Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Stars Life after NDTV Imagine's Ramayan (2008)

Views: 21554  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-22-2020, 10:40 AM

From Gurmeet Choudhary having head injuries to being hospitalized, the shoot of Ramayan has put the actors to the ultimate test. In a recent revelation Gurmeet shares one incident which could have been fatal for Debina Bonnerjee.

The shooting of Anand Sagar’s Ramayan has been nothing less than a daredevil task for the entire cast. From Gurmeet Choudhary having head injuries to being hospitalized, the shoot of the show has put the actors to the ultimate test. In a recent revelation Gurmeet shares one incident which could have been fatal for Debina Bonnerjee (Sita).

Recollecting about what could have been a catastrophic incident while shooting the wedding sequence, Gurmeet Choudhary recalls, “Debina had this incident, we were shooting for a scene in the show, she had all this headgear and she was also wearing some really inflammable material, the dupatta she had on her head was so long that we didn’t quite notice, it was inside the havan-kund and it caught fire, thankfully, our DOP saw it and immediately raised an alarm. I helped her take the dupatta off of her head. It would have been really bad.”

The show is currently airing on Dangal TV and has been one of the most watched shows in its time band. Watch Ramayan, the epic tale of promises and ideologies every evening at 7.30pm and repeat telecast at 9.30am only on Dangal TV.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-27-2020, 09:05 AM

Default Ramayan 2008: Angry Lord Laxman's misfired dialogues left 200 crew members in splits

Ramayan's Laxman's Misfired Dialogues Leaves Crew In Splits!

It was initial days for Ankit Arora (Laxman) in the television industry. Just bagging his first ever role in tele town, Ankit was naturally nervous with no background to acting but still landed the role of Lord Laxman in Ramayan by matter of sheer co-incidence/destiny.

While there are back stories to each episode and scene, but one which stood out was when Ankit Arora had to deliver his first ever big dialogue which was a three page monologue. During Sita's swayamwar, Raja Janaka (Sita's father) had a task for the prospective groom to pick a heavy bow. Everybody failed and he said nobody has the strength (including Ram) to do so. Laxman being the angry character gets upset and had to respond questioning Janaka's statement.

Recollecting the incident which is as fresh as yesterday Ankit Arora said “In the scene Raja Janaka took a little long break and was about to continue his dialogue, when I thought it was my turn to rattle out a 3 page monologue. As soon as I started the whole cast and crew of 200 odd people started laughing and director cut the shot to realise I spoke out of turn. As a natural reaction to the laughter I got really angry/upset and told everyone to keep quiet. The next moment there was pin drop silence. The director himself a short tempered person also kept quiet and told me to have another go. I then recited the 3 page monologue in one shot. The character of Laxman which is an angry young man became my second nature as I got into the thick of the role. Once the shoot of the show concluded I eased out of the role and became a calm person once again.”

Watch Ramayan, the epic tale of promises and ideologies every evening at 7.30pm and repeat telecast at 9.30am only on Dangal TV
Old 05-28-2020, 12:10 PM

Default Actress Debina Bonnerjee recalls getting emotional shooting for a scene in Ramayan as she wouldn't get to shoot with Gurmeet anymore.

Debina Bonnerjee Recalls Crying Uncontrollably during the shoot of Ramayan!

Actress Debina Bonnerjee recalls getting emotional shooting for a scene in Ramayan as she wouldn't get to shoot with Gurmeet anymore.

With the on going lockdown, the reruns of the iconic shows are keeping the viewers entertained. Along with several other shows, Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee's Ramayan is also seeing a rerun on TV and talking to a leading portal, Debina opens up on a particular scene in the show which made her extremely emotional.

Speaking to Spotboye.com, Debina shared that the most emotional scene was when Sita was walking out of the house for the second time as Ram finds out that his praja is unhappy with her. Debina shared that the particular scene made her really emotional as she knew she wouldn't get to shoot with Gurmeet anymore.

Debina added, "We were in love already at that time and inspite of being in Vadodra and shooting for the same show, I was very emotional. So, for that scene Sita was supposed to be teary-eyed because she was stepping out for her self-respect but I couldn't control my tears and I was crying so much that all were shocked. Even after the scene wrapped up, my tears didn't stop. I cried for a hours and hours as I was struggling with emotions of two people- Sita and Debina at the same time. Gurmeet actually took me in the corner and said, 'please control, this is not all real.'"

What is your favorite scene from Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee starrer Ramayan? Do let us know in the comments below
Old 06-01-2020, 11:02 AM

Default Debina Bonnerjee expresses her thoughts on why Ramayan's comeback is being received so well!

Actress Debina Bonnerjee feels that watching content which is soothing and calming during these tough times is what people need to really do to help keep their mental well-being in place.

Debina Bonnerjee expresses her thoughts on why the comeback of Ramayan on television is being received so well. The Actress feels that watching content which is soothing and calming during these tough times is what people need to really do to help keep their mental wellbeing in place.

The actress also feels that the reason why the comeback of her show 'Ramayan' is working so well on TV right now is because of the content which is not only filled with traditional values but is also reassuring and motivational for people to watch through this lockdown phase filled with so much uncertainty!

Speaking about why the comeback of Ramayan has been received with so much warmth and love, Debina shares, "Not only is this a lockdown where we are just sitting idle at home, but these are infact very trying and testing times for people right now, due to which mental health and well-being has become a concern for many. So at this time the most relieving factor is not just watching any kind of content, but watching something that is calming and inspirational, as well as something that even helps you self introspect. And that is the reason why Ramayan has been doing so well on screen again."
Old 06-02-2020, 01:14 PM

Default Ankit Arora Says Ramayan's Characters Are Still Prevalent In Each House!

Ankit Arora: Ram, Sita, Lakshman, Hanuman, Ravan are still prevalent in every house

Actor Ankit Arora, who played Lakshman in the TV series "Ramayan" that aired in 2008-2009, says that there is a Ram, Sita, Lakshman, Hanuman and also a Ravan prevalent in each house.

"Ramayan' is a story that every child in India is aware about. Most of us have grown up listening to and reading the stories or having watched it. I feel there is a Ram, Sita, Laxman, Hanuman and also a Ravan still prevalent in each house. The good parts of these characters are lost in everybody's subconscious and a special effort is needed to find them," he told IANS.

Talking about Lakshman, Ankit says he was a dedicated and devoted brother.

"He respected Ram for everything. A brother like Lakshman, I believe, is still there in society but is dormant. Many a time, in dire need, people's ‘Lakshmanhood' comes out and they selflessly help others. I truly believe that we should not lose our roots, and be aware about these selfless qualities of Lakshman. This rat race often causes us to skip the positive qualities that are needed to spread happiness in all houses," he said.

"Playing the role of Lakshman gave birth to my acting career and was a turning point of my life. I am fortunate that Lord Ram bestowed his blessings on me and gave me an opportunity to serve him. What else can an actor ask for - to start his career or have a role of such stature, I got both. Playing the role of Lakshman was a great schooling experience" said Ankit.

For him, "Ramayan" is not just a show. "It is a huge part of my life. I will never be able to forget those days for the rest of my life," he said. The 2008-released "Ramayan" is currently seeing a re-run on Dangal channel.

Tags
ankit arora, Dangal TV, debina bonnerjee, Life After, ndtv, ndtv imagine, NDTV Imagine Ramayan, ndtv imagine ramayan complete download, ndtv imagine ramayan episode 11, ndtv imagine ramayan episode 13, ndtv imagine ramayan episode 17, NDTV Imagine Ramayan Repeat, NDTV Imagine Ramayan Star Cast now, Raja Janaka, ramayan, ramayan (2008 tv series) cast, ramayan cast, ramayan ndtv imagine episode 23, ramayan ndtv imagine episode 27, ramayan ndtv imagine episode 40, ramayan serial 2015 ramayan 2008 episode 15-32, ramayan serial list, tv shows

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->