Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > General Discussion

July 2020 - OTT Releases Films, TV Shows, Web Series (Amazon Prime Videos, Netflix, Disney Hot Star, Zee5..)

Views: 6003  
Old 06-28-2020, 05:56 PM

Default July 2020 - OTT Releases Films, TV Shows, Web Series (Amazon Prime Videos, Netflix, Disney Hot Star, Zee5..)

All Films Releasing in July 2020 - OTT Releases Films, TV Shows, Web Series (Amazon Prime Videos, Netflix, Disney Hot Star, Zee5..)

Dil Bechara | Premieres Friday, July 24, on Disney+ Hotstar

Plot: A remake of The Fault in Our Stars, the story of two cancer patients whose lives intertwine at chemotherapy.

Our Take: Along with fans around the world mourning Sushant Singh Rajput's death, I look forward to watching one of his final acting performances.

Old 06-28-2020, 05:56 PM

Shakuntala Devi: Human Computer | Premieres Friday, July 31, on Prime Video

Plot: Based on the life of Shakuntala Devi, the renowned mathematical genius from India, nicknamed 'Human Computer' due to her ability to solve complex problems without a machine.

Our Take: Since the poster launched for the movie in late 2019, I was suprised to learn that Shakuntala Devi's life and legacy in STEM and as a feminist icon has never been centralized in a movie. I'm excited to see one of my favorite actresses, Vidya Balan, take on Devi's legacy.

Old 06-28-2020, 05:57 PM

'Hamilton' | Premieres Friday, July 3, on Disney+

Plot: The story of Alexander Hamilton -- politician, statesman and Founding Father.

Our Take: You could argue that watching Hamilton on the small screen is not exactly being the room where it happened, but Im not throwing away my shot to finally see Lin-Manuel, Leslie, Daveed, Rene, and the rest of the spectacular founding cast in the original Broadway production. Vanessa

Old 06-28-2020, 05:57 PM

"Hanna" | Season 2 Premieres Friday, July 3, on Prime Video

Plot: Equal parts high-concept thriller and coming-of-age drama, HANNA follows the journey of an extraordinary young girl raised in the forest, as she evades the relentless pursuit of an off-book CIA agent and tries to unearth the truth behind who she is.

Our Take: Season 1 started as a fairly close retelling of the 2011 original, but quickly expanded the Hanna-verse with the introduction of new UTRAX child soldiers. I'm excited to see how star Esme Creed-Miles mixes it up with the new recruits. James

Old 06-28-2020, 05:58 PM

'John Lewis: Good Trouble' | Premieres Friday, July 3, on Netflix

Plot: A documentary that explores Georgia representative John Lewis', 60-plus years of social activism and legislative action on civil rights, voting rights, gun control, health care reform, and immigration.

Our Take: My high school Civics teacher introduced me to Representative Lewis via his speech at the March on Washington in 1963. He was the youngest speaker at the event, which became part of American history the moment Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his "I Have a Dream" speech in front of the Lincoln Memorial. Similar to RBG, I hope this documentary introduces an entirely new generation to Lewis and his ongoing campaign for reform, justice, and peace.

Tags
2020, July

Latest News in General Discussion

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: