Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > General Discussion

June 2020: TOP 10 TV Shows, Web Series, Films, Original Films

Views: 3264  
Old 05-30-2020, 05:07 AM

We Are Freestyle Love Supreme | Premieres Friday, June 5, on Hulu

Plot: A documentary that chronicles Lin-Manuel Miranda's pre-"Hamilton" improv hip-hop group, Freestyle Love Supreme, and their reunion performances in New York City in 2019.

Our Take: It's a good time to love Lin-Manuel Miranda. Before Hamilton hits Disney Plus in July, you'll have the opportunity to watch the pure expression of creative joy that is We Are Freestyle Love Supreme. The doc was far and away my favorite thing I saw at Sundance this year, and I can't wait for more people to get the opportunity to see it. — Marcus
Old 05-30-2020, 05:07 AM

"I'll Be Gone in the Dark" | Premieres Sunday, June 28, on HBO

Plot: An examination of the unsolved crimes of the Golden State ****er, who terrorized California in the 1970s and 1980s.

Our Take: No doubt, this true crime documentary series will be disturbing. But I'll be tuning in to get a glimpse into the life and work of the late Michelle McNamara (successful blogger, author, and wife of comedian Patton Oswalt), whose obsessive research (and posthumously published best-seller) brought these hideous crimes into the public eye. — James
Old 05-30-2020, 05:08 AM

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga | Premieres Friday, June 26, on Netflix

Plot: When aspiring musicians Lars and Sigrit are given the opportunity of a lifetime to represent their country at the world’s biggest song competition, they finally have a chance to prove that any dream worth having is a dream worth fighting for.

Our Take: This might not make up for the 4+ hours of the Eurovision Song Contest finale that was sadly cancelled this year, but as we patiently wait for Eurovision 2021, Will Ferrell and Rachel McAdams' over-the-top take as aspiring competitors makes for a hilarious diversion. — Vanessa
Old 05-30-2020, 05:08 AM

Irresistible | Available on VOD Friday, June 26

Plot: A Democratic strategist helps a retired veteran run for mayor in a small, conservative Midwest town.

Our Take: Am I alone in thinking that Jon Stewart's second outing as a director has a chance to capture a wider audience on VOD than it would have in theaters? No shade meant toward the TV host we dearly miss each and every evening, or this new political satire that pairs Steve Carell and Chris Cooper, and includes secret weapons Rose Byrne and Natasha Lyonne. — Arno
Old 05-30-2020, 05:09 AM

Shirley | Premieres Friday, June 5, on Hulu

Plot: A famous horror writer finds inspiration for her next book after she and her husband take in a young couple.

Our Take: Elisabeth Moss has an affinity for complex and often unsettling roles, and I can’t wait to see her portrayal of real-life horror writer Shirley Jackson. The trailer brings Secret Window to mind, and I’m expecting the lines between reality and fiction to become similarly blurred in this author-focused adaptation. — Hannah

Tags
2020, Amazon prime, english tv shows, HotStar, June, NetFlix, tv shows, voot, web series

Latest News in General Discussion

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: