Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Ashiesh Roy to play A R Rahman

Views: 1515  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Award Winner

Default Ashiesh Roy to play A R Rahman

Ashiesh Roy will now be seen in SAB’s Yeh Chanda Kanoon Hai in which he will play the Oscar-winning music director A R Rahman. He is naturally on cloud nine.

“It is not everyday that an actor gets to play a living legend like Rahman. The producers were searching for a musically-inclined actor to play the composer. Rajan Wagdhare, the director suggested my name to them. I had earlier portrayed Mehmood saab’s character from Padosan in his sitcom Maniben.com, and I guess, he thought I could do justice to this role as well,” says the actor.

Elaborating on the episode he says, “A small-time Bhojpuri music director accuses A R Rahman of lifting his tunes to compose his super-hit songs. Chanda Rani (Juhi Parmar) defends Rahman and exposes the other guy who has in fact been stealing tunes from the award winning director and passing them off as his own compositions.

It’s an extremely witty episode and deals with music plagiarism.” Ashiesh has recently been seen in the channel’s popular sitcoms like Paritosh Painter’s Sri Adi Manav and Ashwini Dheer’s Laaptaganj.
The Yeh Chanda Kanoon Hai episode will air on January 14 at 9 pm.

Tags
a r rahman, ashiesh roy

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->