Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums

Star Cast/Story/Photos/Videos: Star Plus's "Saath Nibhaana Saathiya"

Views: 32584  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 01:27 PM

Gopi to unmask Kinjal's affair
Last week on Saath Nibhaana Saathiya we had seen that Rashi pretends to be hurt and backs out of the dandiya competition. Everyone pins their hopes on Gopi and Aham to win the compeition. Here is a sneak peek of what you can expect to see this week...

More on Saath Naibhaana Saathiya : Discuss here | Watch full episodes | Official Website
Kokila who had earlier forbidden Gopi from participating in the Navratri celebrations then forces Gopi to replace her. Gopi who is not a good dancer is extremely nervous and does not even have a dance partner.
This week fans of Gopi (Jia Manek) and Aham (Mohd Nazim) are in for a treat as their favorite jodi will give an award winning performance at the dandiya competition being held in the show. We spoke to Gopi to find out if sparks will fly between the couple during the performance. A disappointed Gopi says: “I was very happy when Ahemji joined me at the dandiya competition because I felt that he has started to like me. I was hurt when I realized that he joined me only to save his mother from embarrassment”.
Sources tells that Gopi will reveal to the Modi family about Kinjal’s affair to save Kinjal from being forced to marry someone else. When we questioned Gopi about the same she said: “I know that Kinjal does not like me but I feel that it is my duty to help her and save her from being forced into marrying someone she does not love. I had tried to speak to Kinjal and find out about her boyfriend but she did not confide in me but yes I plan to inform the family about her affair.”
How would Jia react if she had to deal with such a situation in real life? “In real life I would not support Kinjal’s affair because if her boyfriend really loved her he would support her and do something to convince the Modi family to get him married to Kinjal. She should understand that he does not deserve her and her love is completely one sided” says the actress.
Do not miss Gopi and Aham’s fabulous dandiya performance on Saath Nibhaana Saathiya every Monday to Friday at 7 pm only on STAR Plus.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:28 PM

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya rules the roost
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya that is aired on STAR Plus every weeknight at 7 pm, has won a lot of applause from its viewers.

More on Saathiya : Discuss here | Watch full episodes | Official Website

The show had a TRP of 5.3 this week and is currently the number one show on Indian television.
Gopi, who plays Jia on the show was ecstatic about the news. “I am thrilled that the show has been rated number 1 across Indian television. I was pleasantly surprised when I came to know about it this week. I am amazed and glad that the audience has been watching our show regularly and that they have welcomed our show and the characters in it. It is wonderful for all of us. We distributed sweets on the sets and the channel will be sending a cake to us. It’s a lovely Diwali gift for the cast and the crew of the show,” she said.

Speaking to us, producer Rashmi Sharma said, “I am delighted that our five-month-old show has become the most viewed show on television. It’s a collective team effort and I am proud of the cast and crew for the hard work that they have put in. We will definitely throw a party for the team and we plan on celebrating next week, since most of our actors aren’t in town this week.”

In the current track of the show, Rashi has got a chance to prove her ability, while Gopi is helping her out. To know what happens next in their life and to help the cast and crew build on their TRPs, watch the show every weekday at 7pm on STAR Plus.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:28 PM

Gopi-Aham share some special moments
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya has some big twists and turns in store for its fans this week. The biggest surprise will be Gopi and Aham sharing some romantic moments during Kinjal’s sangeet ceremony.

Sources reveal “Kinjal and Eelesh’s families will play a game of passing the pillow at the sangeet ceremony where Aham will be made to confess his love for Gopi”.
When spoke to Gopi about the sequence, she said “I am hoping that things will get better between Aham and me and I keep doing things to make him feel special.

However he wants me out of his life and Ma ji has even promised him that she will send me out of the house after Kinjal’s wedding. At the sangeet ceremony when the pillow comes to Aham he is asked to give me a rose. He does not want to create a scene in front of Kinjal’s in-laws and therefore gives me the rose”.
Aham aka Mohd Nazim says “ When it is my turn during the game I am asked to give Gopi a rose and confess my love for her, so yes it is romantic but I only do it because I am forced to”.

Another huge twist this week is that Kinjal does not have the courage to inform Kokila that it is Umang and not Eelesh who is responsible for her pregnancy, so she pleads with Gopi to do it. This incident may also bring about a change in the relationship that Gopi and Kinjal share because Gopi has always been her well wisher but Kinjal has always insulted Gopi in return. Gopi says “Kinjal cannot muster up the courage to reveal the truth to Kokila and pleads with me to do it. Kokila is furious and hits Kinjal”. Aham adds “Yes the truth about Kinjal will be revealed not just to the family but outsiders will also find out about it. The Modi family is well known and will have to face humiliation after the news spreads”.

The show also recently witnessed the entry of Rashi’s cousin Dhawal. Speaking about the new entry Gopi says “I had mentioned about Dhawal bhaiya some episodes back and asked Mami to keep a rakhi for him. At that time Dhawal was a mystery which has finally been revealed”. Aham says “I will have some scenes with Dhawal in the upcoming episodes and I am looking forward to them”.
This surely looks like an eventful week for Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Keep watching Saath Nibhaana Saathiya every Monday to Friday at 7 pm only on STAR Plus to catch all the excitement.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:29 PM

Aham learns the truth about Kinjal’s pregnancy
For what was till now a secret to Aham will come out in the open. In the upcoming track of Saath Nibhaana Saathiya will unearth the identity of the guy who has impregnated Kinjal.

More on Saath Nibhana Saathiya : Discuss here | Watch full episodes | Official Website

Aham will be completely shocked after he is informed by Kinjal that the guy is none other than his former girlfriend, Anita’s, brother Umang. But this is just the beginning to Modis’ worries and troubles as Ilesh who is all set to marry Kinjal will visit the family accompanied by his family who will question the truth about Kinjal’s pregnancy. The girl will accept in front of everyone that she is bearing Umang’s child. This will mark an end of Ilesh’s relationship with Kinjal and the former will call off the marriage with her. It is also believed that in the near future Umang will propose marriage to Kinjal. Little does the Modi family know that Umang will withdraw his proposal later as it’s just a trick to avenge his sister’s respect.
Informs Aham, “I will sneak into Kinjal’s room to check her mobile phone to find out that the guy who has impregnated her is somebody named Umang. I confront her to reveal his identity to me and the revelation takes me by shock. I am stunned to know that Umang is Anita’s brother. I reprimand Kinjal to have fallen in love with Umang who is known to be disrespectful and is a leech.”

“I am angered with my sister’s revelation and decide to meet Umang at his office. We have a verbal altercation followed by a bit of fist fight. Later, he comes to our house to apologise and propose marriage to Kinjal. I voice my displeasure over this alliance and refuse to accept it but give into the need of the hour as there is nothing else that can be done. A day later, my mother and I go to Umang’s place to exchange shagun to know that he is not in the house but is partying at his farm house. I am aghast to find him amidst girls at his farm-house and ask him about his seriousness for Kinjal. Umang later tells me that he will not marry Kinjal as I too had left his sister in the past”, adds he.

Will Umang succeed in taking his vengeance with Aham on behalf of his sister? What happens to Kinjal after Umang decides not to marry her? Watch it all on Saath Nibhaana Saathiya, Monday to Friday, 7:00 pm on STAR Plus.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:29 PM

Kinjal to marry Dhawal?
The latest in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya is that Umang has refused to marry Kinjal and revealed that he pretended to be in love with her just to take revenge as Ahem had dumped his sister Anita.

The Modi family is now shattered because Kinjal is pregnant with Umang’s child. The latest buzz suggests that Rashi and her mother Urmila will take advantage of the situation and convince the Modi family to get Kinjal married to Rashi’s cousin, Dhawal. The upcoming episodes will also have Kinjal revealing that she was only pretending to be pregnant so that the family allows her to marry Umang.

We spoke to Gopi aka Jia Manek who says “I am disturbed and hurt because Kinjal had first confided in me about being pregnant and had requested me to inform Maaji about it. I always stood by her and I don’t know why she lied to me. This is really shocking”.

On the other hand Kinjal says “I was madly in love with Umang and did not want to get separated from him as I knew the family would not agree to our marriage, so I had to lie about the pregnancy. The family is now forcing me to marry Dhawal against my will. Maa has also agreed because she wants to teach me a lesson and does not want to take any chances since my marriage plans have failed twice”.

It will be interesting to see whether Rashi and Urmila’s plan will be successful or whether Kinjal convinces her family not to forcibly get her married to Dhawal.

To find out what happens next keep watching Saath Nibhaana Saathiya, Monday to Friday, 7:00 pm on STAR Plus.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:30 PM

Kinjal to be a runaway bride?

While the Modi family in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya is preparing for Kinjal and Dhawal’s wedding, we hear there are chances that it may not happen.

Sources reveal “Kinjal has been trying to convince her family to cancel the wedding. She even tries to reveal to her family that she had lied about being pregnant but Umang does not support her. On Kinjal’s wedding day, all preparations are in full swing. According to Kokila’s instructions Gopi helps Kinjal get ready for the wedding. Gopi later leaves Kinjal with Mani since the baraat has arrived. When Kinjal realizes that there is no way to escape her marriage to Dhawal she asks Mani to leave her alone for sometime after which she runs away. Only a stunned Gopi and Mani know that Kinjal is missing. All hell will break loose when the rest of the family finds out that Kinjal has run away as they were already angry with her about her affair with Umang”.

We spoke to Gopi who says “There has been a lot of tension in the family of late. Kinjal has been trying to convince Maaji to cancel the wedding but her efforts have been unsuccessful. I fear that Kinjal may take some drastic step to avoid the wedding. Everyone is busy preparing for the wedding but Kinjal is the only one who is staying aloof”.
Kinjal says “My family is forcing me to marry Dhawal against my wishes, just to teach me a lesson. However I do not want to marry him. What I plan on doing is something the audience will have to wait and watch.”
Catch all the drama Saath Nibhaana Saathiya, Monday to Friday, 7:00 pm on STAR Plus.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:31 AM

Urmila’s new plan: To steal the suitcase!
Episode : 243

Rashi is irked when everyone praises the food prepared by Gopi. Urmila feels jealous of Kinjal when she learns that Dhawal has gifted her gold earrings. Kokila is happy when Gopi saves Aham from slipping on the oil spilled floor. Hetal advises Rashi to concentrate on working hard rather than feeling bad for Kokila’s words. Urmila scolds Rashi for ruining the plan. Rashi is stunned when Urmila plans to steal the suitcase to revive her financial status. Aham scolds Gopi for not being able to find the day's newspaper. Jigar and Aham are relieved to realise that their tender contract's ad will be published in the next day’s newspaper. Rashi is furious to overhear Nani and Kokila praising Gopi.

Rashi’s negligence ruins Urmila’s plan
Episode : 242
Kokila is surprised to see Rashi in the kitchen and asks her to prepare tea for everyone. Gopi apologises to Aham for her behaviour in Holi party. Nani scolds Aham for not taking Gopi’s help. Dhawal is hurt when Kinjal fails to appreciate the gift which he gives her. Urmila is furious when she learns that Kinjal has ruined her bed. Rashi is stunned to realise that the bar of soap is missing from the kitchen.
Rashi realises that the soap is with Gopi and takes it from her. She is happy when Kokila appreciates the tea prepared by her. In a hurry to hide the soap from Kokila, Rashi drops it in the khichdi bowl. Kokila lambastes Rashi when she finds a bar of soap in the khichdi. All are happy when Gopi does damage control and prepares food fast. Kokila taunts Rashi for being negligent.

Kokila punishes Gopi, gives up on Rashi
Episode : 241
Jigar eats the ladoo which is mixed with bhang and makes Rashi also to eat it. All are stunned when Kokila stops the party and requests everyone to return home. Kokila reveals to everyone that Gopi is high because of eating bhang. Kokila is furious to observe that along with Gopi, even Rashi and Jigar are high. She tells Nani that she wants to take Gopi’s responsibility back as she has given up on Rashi.
Dhawal stops Urmila and Kinjal from fighting at home. Gopi is hurt when Kokila refuses to forgive her for her blunder. Kokila punishes Gopi to wash all the bed sheets stained by her. Rashi is elated when Hetal returns the phone to her. She is stunned when Hetal asks her to help Jigar wash his back. Jigar and Rashi are embarrassed to see each other in the bathroom. Gopi feels guilty of hurting Aham while she was high.

Urmila’s new plan
Episode : 240
Kinjal is embarrassed to see Dhawal expressing his love for her in front of everyone. Kokila is irked when Dhawal requests Kinjal to dance with him. Gopi in her drunken state stains the sofa with gulaal. Rashi and Urmila are elated to find the suitcase’s keys in the cupboard. They are shocked to see Gopi creating a mess in the hall. Nani is shocked to realise that her keys are missing.
Urmila gives Rashi a soap which has the imprint of the suitcase’s key and asks her to keep it safe. They are happy to see Gopi in a drunken state and plan to complain to Kokila regarding it. Rashi pretends to search for Nani’s keys. Urmila is furious when Kinjal continues to taunt her. Nani is elated when Rashi returns the keys to her. Kokila lambastes Gopi for ruining the sofa.

A drunken Gopi expresses her love for Aham
Episode : 239
Everyone is happy to meet Urmila’s family members in the Holi party. Rashi complains against Kokila with Urmila. Urmila decides to teach Gopi a lesson and makes her eat sweets mixed with bhang. Kinjal is surprised to see Gopi high on bhang. Aham is furious when Gopi applies gulaal on him. Aham is stunned when Gopi expresses her love for him. Rashi and Urmila are stunned when Nani praises Gopi for applying gulaal on Aham. Urmila orders Rashi to steal the suitcase’s keys from Nani. Urmila divides Gopi’s attention when Rashi steals the keys from Nani. Kokila and Nani search for Gopi in the party.

Modis celebrate Holi
Episode : 238
Kinjal is woken up as everyone is playing Holi in the neighbourhood. She locks herself in the room when she sees Dhawal and Urmila coming to get her out to play Holi. The Holi is in full swing at the Modi Bhawan. Rashi feels jealous to know that Gopi has got money as shagun from Hetal and Chirag. Rashi is happy when Kokila gives her the shagun. She is stunned when Kokila takes back the money to pay her mobile bill.
Dhawal and Urmila trick Kinjal and apply gulaal on her. Jigar invites Urmila’s family for the Holi celebrations. Gopi decides to apply gulaal on Aham but decides not to. Nani and Jigar force Aham and Kokila to join the celebrations. Rashi is irked when she drops the sweets because of Jigar. Rashi and Jigar spend some romantic moments with each other.

Aham’s rude behaviour hurts Gopi
Episode : 237
Rashi is furious when the children sent by Urmila throw water balloons at her instead of Gopi. Nani asks Gopi to serve tea for Aham. Aham is stunned to see Gopi’s new avatar. Gopi is hurt when Aham scolds her for spilling hot tea on him. Rashi is happy to know that Aham has fought with Gopi. Kokila stops Rashi from cutting Gopi’s nails and taunts her for neglecting her work.
Kokila advises Gopi to take care of herself and not neglect the household chores. Nani tries to apply gulaal on Kokila but she stops them. When Kokila taunts Rashi for playing Holi instead of finishing the work, Nani defends her. Rashi is stunned when Kokila asks her to mop the floor before going out to play Holi.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:33 AM

Default Akshay Sethi to leave Saathiya; to get back in Genda Phool

Akshay Sethi has decided to opt out of Star Plus's Saathiya, while his character of Deepak will be seen again in Sasural Genda Phool...

Akshay Sethi who plays the guy opposite Aham's sister in Star Plus' Saath Nibhaana Saathiya has decided to opt out of the show, as his character is not gaining that much priority. However, the actor will soon be back in Sasural Genda Phool, where his track as Radha Bua's son was very much appreciated.

Our source tells us, "Akshay who played negative in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya is no more part of the show. His character did not shape up as promised by the creatives, when he signed the contract".

When contacted, Akshay told us, "Yes, I am quitting Saathiya. When I took up this role, I was told that I was the parallel lead, but later my character turned negative. I have informed the channel and they have agreed to end my track soon. However, my character of Deepak in Sasural Genda Phool will be back soon".

If sources are to be believed, Radha Bua (Sadiya Siddique) will long for her son and get him back to the house. There is a possibility of her back story getting revealed to Deepak in due course of time.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:34 AM

Default Saathiya breaks all records to take the #1 position..

Star Plus' Saathiya Saath Nibhana which is slotted at the 7 PM slot gets to be the #1 serial across all the channels..

Star Plus is now reaping rewards for bravely introducing interesting daily soaps in their early evening band of 7 PM and 7.30 PM. While Ravi Ojha Productions' Sasural Genda Phool climbed up the rating chart few weeks back to reach the #2 slot, Sunrise Production's Saathiya Saath Nibhana which is aired at the 7 PM slot has this week managed to become the Numero Uno show across all channels.

As per today's TVR ratings, Saathiya Saath Nibhana has emerged as the #1 show across all channels with a TVR of 5.3 with Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai taking the second spot with 4.9 TVR. Star Plus' other early evening show, Sasural Genda Phool is also well placed with a TVR of 4.7.

A source from the sets of Saathiya says, "The cast and crew of the show never expected that Saathiya… would reach the number one position because the show was slotted at 7:00 P.M slot which was not at all happening for the channel. The credit goes to the audience for identifying the beauty and simplicity of the concept and sticking to it. Today is a great day for the entire team, as Saathiya has grabbed the number one position with 5.3 rating".

We contacted Vishal Singh (Jigar) the protagonist who said, "We are feeling very proud that today our show had reached the number one position in spite of being at the 7:00 PM slot. All credit goes to the women power on our sets; the writers, directors and audience with special reference made this day happen".

Rashmi Sharma, the Producer of the show says, "The whole team is feeling happy for the recognition that we have got today. Though we were not confident about the show becoming such a big a hit, as the Producer and the Creative Director on the show, I expected the show to do well and today, I can say that all our efforts have been successful".

Hope Saathiya Saath Nibhana maintains its ranking!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:34 AM

Default 'The trick lies in telling the same story differently' - Gautam Hegde

Gautam Hegde, the writer of many popular shows in a conversation with TellyBuzz..

Gautam Hegde is a writer has penned shows like Santaan, Raja Ki Ayegi Baraat, Miley Jab Hum Tum and Love Ne Milla Di Jodi. Today he is part of the writing team of Star Plus' #1 show, Saathiya Saath Nibhana.

In an exclusive conversation with TellyBuzz, Gautam talks of his eventful journey as a writer, on the progressive changes in television today, his future plans and much more..

Take us thro' your journey as a writer in the Indian Television industry.
I always desired to work for TV and I planned my post graduation studies that way. After a mass comm. course, I joined ZEE. I was with ZEE for three years. After that, I wanted to do something new. I was not sure of turning a writer but my ex-boss Vivek Bahl knew I had it in me to write. He offered me to write Santaan and that's how my journey began. From Santaan, I moved on to write Raja Ki Ayegi Baarat and then Miley Jab Hum Tum, Love Ne Milla Di Jodi...

Will you agree to the point that your forte seems to be developing youth based shows? Explain.
I disagree since apart from Miley Jab Hum Tum and Love Ne Milla Di Jodi, I have also written Santaan, Raja Ki Alayegi Baraat and Saathiya also. I have a saas and a bahu as much as I have a teenybopper hero and a dreamy heroine in me (Smiles).

What according to you are the pros and cons of being a writer?
It gives you a high that a thought you have penned down actually comes to life on air. The thought of developing a character, seeing it grow, seeing it become popular is a high. It's like when you all go gaga about the characters of say a Miley Jab, a writer feels proud because he has contributed to it. Like a parent cheering his kid on the annual day, 'wo wali feeling aati hai'. I haven't faced any cons so far.

Which is the one show you loved to write? Why?
All shows have helped me grow but I would say Santaan, because of two reasons. It was my first show and it was a show any child and parent could relate to. Kartik, played by Sudeep Sahir was a lot like me and how I am with my parents. I come from a middle class family myself and I've seen my parents struggle to see me happy. So there used to be times when I would get emotional writing a scene.

As a writer will you aim to get recognized for the TRP your show is getting, or will you choose to get critical acclaim?
I aim to do honest and hard work with good teams. The success of a show depends on team work and not an individual.

After writing shows like MJHT and LNMJ, you are presently writing for Saathiya Saath Nibhana which is a typical saas bahu drama. How did you make this transition?
Saathiya is not a typical saas bahu drama. For starters, I think it is gutsy for a channel that had a saas bahu show as its flagship show once to reinvent the formula and again make another hit show. As for my transition, like I said, I started writing with a drama (Santaan) and a fairy tale romance (Raja ki Ayegi) and then I did youth shows for sometime. I was itching to do a drama again and gladly SNS happened.

What were the changes you had to make in your writing style to suit the saas bahu genre?
Like I said, it was about doing a show with a saas and a bahu, but with a difference. What makes it different is that the drama has an element of fun attached, and I and my co-writer Jyoti Tandon keep it alive on the screenplay level. Even the scheming doesn't really involve something you wouldn't be able to relate to. Pressure cooker phatega ki nahi, ghee aur tel ki chori kaise pakdi jayegi- it has drama, but an essence of fun and thrill to it.

Saathiya is raking very high TRPs and also is the #1 show. Did you expect this huge success and popularity?
Honestly, I didn't expect it to be SO big. It's the team effort- the channel, the production house, the creative team and the synchronization within. I think once a show shows potential of being a hit, the team gets positively motivated. With the show, at every stage, it goes one notch up. When I see the telecast myself I am astonished- its like- is it the same scene that we wrote? It's awesome!

Which part of the country do you think gets you the maximum viewership for Saathiya?
That's best answered by the channel as they get detailed reports.

Many in the industry feel there is no novelty in Saathiya, and are today amazed that the show can get so big. How do you silence such people?
Hahaha! You make me sound like I'm a bureaucrat to silence them. See, a show needs to have a novelty factor. If its not there and if it's just the same, then the audience wont lap it up. Take Pavitra Rishta, Geet Hui Sabse Parayi, Baat Hamari Pakki Hai, Uttaran. Somewhere, all are about love stories with elements of drama, but its how differently they are told that makes them the top show on the channel. At the end of the day, the trick lies in telling the same story differently.

There was a time when makers would only want their show to be slotted at the prime time. This trend has changed today, and your show Saathiya is leading the early evening slots. What do you think of this change in trend? What is the reason for this change?
The audience wants entertainment, when they are with the family. With pre-prime time, we want to entertain them during their evening tea time sessions as they are chopping vegetables for dinner time. I think it's a welcome trend. The channel makes numbers, the industry gets employed, and viewer gets entertained. Good for all, isn't it?

You have been associated with Rashmi Sharma's shows from the days of Raja Ki Ayegi Baraat? How is it working with her?
Rashmi and I go a long way back when we worked on Piya ka Ghar when she was a Creative Head and I was in the channel. So, it's been around 5 years now. She is very passionate about her work and has a go-getter attitude. At a recent party thrown for the success of the show, she told me that I shouldn't feel like a guest, but more like a host. That was sweet.

Your next big association is with Shakuntalam Telefilms where you have written shows like Santaan, Love Ne Milla Di Jodi. How is it to work with them?
Shakuntalam is like my home. Aptly I did a show called Santaan. They are such nice people to work with that I don't even ask what the show is about. I know I have to work with them. Shyam ji and Neelima are genuinely nice people and it's not just me, anyone who has worked with them once, wants to work again. With an upcoming show, I would be completing a hat trick with them and it feels great.

What are your future plans? What are you working on?
A show for Star Plus with Shakuntalam Telefilms, and Saathiya is what I have on my platter right now. Miley Jab has just gotten over so I'm in talks for some new shows.
Your journey as writer of MJHT is over. But the fans want more of the show.

What is your take on it? Do you think a Season 3 is a possibility?
Miley Jab has been a very successful milestone for me. It was a well received show with a superb team of cast and crew. All good things come to an end. Now, if there is a season 3, its only up to the channel and producers to take a call.

What is the different kind of genre that you would want to experiment in future?
I would like to write an urban comedy.

Television today is different from what it was few years back. What are the changes you see as a writer?
It keeps evolving and reinventing. What is interesting is that the top shows today are different from each other and are yet successful. There is a Sasural Genda Phool which is just as popular as a Pratigya. For an Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, there is a Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, and both become hits. You never know what can click with the audience.

Which is your favorite show on TV today and why?
These days I'm glued to Star World afternoons. How I met your mother, Friends, Modern family back to back. I am looking forward to Jhalak Dikhlaja. I am a big Madhuri Dixit fan.

How is Gautam Hegde as a person?

I feel like it's a slam book now! Hahaha! I am a God loving middle class boy who feels nothing can beat the pav bhaji that his mother makes. I love my friends and I like to entertain and being entertained.

Is there anyone who inspires you to write different? Where do you get your inspiration from?
Observing people. There is so much drama around you. You attend one wedding and you come back home with so many ideas! I like overhearing conversations at public places, social functions, coffee houses. Whoever calls it bad manners can take a long walk! (laughs)

Do you think the TRP system needs a bit of change, now that we have got into the internet age?
Interesting question!. But lets face it, those who can access and surf internet are not a majority of TV viewing junta. We are still a country where people have one TV homes and probably no computer, forget alone internet.

As a writer, have you experienced a rough phase in your career? How did you overcome it?
Nahi hua hai.

What is the message that you would pass on to youngsters who want to make writing as their profession?
Make it a profession, only if it's a passion.

Who is your best friend/friends in the industry?
With every phase, every show, every experience, you meet people. Some colleagues become friends, some friends become best friends. I value my team from my ZEE days the most. Today they are spread out but they still treat me the same and that touches me the most.

We see a lot many writers turning into Producers today. Would you want to take that giant stride ahead?

Arey bhai, there are so many stories to tell. If all writers turn producers, they will need writers na! (Smiles)

Where would you want to see yourself in say, the next five years?
I don't know where I see myself five hours from now. But whatever I make of myself, I hope I live a content and happy life and stay humble to my craft.

Tags
cast of saath nibhana saathiya, cast of saathiya, gopi real name, kinjal modi, kinjal modi real name, rashi modi real name, saath nibhaana saathiya, Saath Nibhaana Saathiya 2, saath nibhaana saathiya cast, saath nibhana saathiya, Saath Nibhana Saathiya 2, Saath Nibhana Saathiya 2020, Saath Nibhana Saathiya 2021, Saath Nibhana Saathiya All Episodes, Saath Nibhana Saathiya All Seasons, Saath Nibhana Saathiya Best Episode, saath nibhana saathiya cast, saath nibhana saathiya cast name, saath nibhana saathiya cast real names, Saath Nibhana Saathiya Ending, Saath Nibhana Saathiya Future Story, Saath Nibhana Saathiya Last Episode, Saath Nibhana Saathiya Lockdown, saath nibhana saathiya meera real name, Saath Nibhana Saathiya Season 2, Saath Nibhana Saathiya Season 3, Saath Nibhana Saathiya What happend, saath nibhana sathiya cast, saathiya cast, sath nibhana sathiya cast, sathiya cast, star cast, star plus, tv shows

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: