Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Sports News Forum

67,00,000 users watching Every Day 2021 IPL 14

Views: 2336  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.67 average.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:32 PM

Default 67,00,000 users watching Every Day 2021 IPL 14

Match No. 5 - MI vs KKR watched 67k users through HOTSTAR.

And that is all from our live coverage tonight. Thank you for staying with us and we will see you tomorrow for Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore.

Rahul Chahar: They had started well, I knew that on this pitch it was the spinners who had to do it. I've played 2-3 seasons so I had confidence to get Gill out, and I know him since the U-19 days and I knew what to do. My strength is to turn it quickly, at speeds of 90kph. I think Tripathi's caught behind was my favourite wicket. I also had an idea that Rana would give me a chance and so I pushed a flipper outside off. There's a lot of benefit from having guys like Rohit showing confidence in me, there are times when I'm being hit around and he has more confidence in me than I do in myself.

Rahul Chahar is the Player of the Match.

Rohit Sharma: It was a great fightback considering where the game was while they were batting. Anyone who came to bowl at different stages wanted to put their hands up and do something for the team. We can take a lot of confidence from this game. There were lots of positives. The way KKR started, they batted brilliantly in the first six overs. But once the powerplay was gone, the way Rahul came and got wickets was crucial. And Krunal at the end was also crucial. I can praise all the bowlers, honestly. Good signs for the team moving forward. Definitely not easy on this pitch, a set batter needs to carry on as long as possible. The trend in Chennai is when the new batsman comes in, it becomes hard to go from ball one, unlike Wankhede. To be honest, we were 15-20 runs short. The way we started, we should have batted better. That's happened twice, we need to see how to get better. But I don't want to take credit away from the team. I think SKY is carrying that form that he had when he played for India. He's very fearless when he bats. When he plays those shots it doesn't look like he's taking risks, those are cricketing shots. We need a guy who bats fearlessly. I'm glad that we could get some partnerships in the middle and get a decent total. We need to just figure out how to finish innings in the last 5 overs. We've done that in the past.

11.31pm Whew, have you guys been able to catch your breath? What a finish. Bringing you the presentation shortly.

Player Impact points according to our Smart Stats:

1) Rahul Chahar 123.16

2) Suryakumar Yadav 92.41

3) Krunal Pandya 79.98

Russell is at No. 10.

Who should win the Player of the Match award? Vote on our Live Report

Trent Boult: Good feeling to close out a game like that, shows the importance of staying in it. Four tidy overs from Krunal, big role he played in containing that. Crucial in getting us back in the chase. I haven't played too much crikcet here, but these guys are very experienced, our spinners did well. I suppose it's the golden rule, never easy start on wickets like this. It' the cliche of putting pressure on the new batsmen.

Eoin Morgan: Yeah it's disappointing. A lot of the time we played good cricket, certainly the first half and a majority of the chase. We made mistakes, hopefully we can iron them out. Mumbai are a very good side. I think the perfect game is to be able to do both (all-out attack and otherwise) and we've managed to do neither in the end. It works for us a majority of the time, but we need to be better. The games that have been played here, it would suggest that there's a trend (of runscoring getting tough at the end). Mumbai have been performing like this for a long time, that would be something we need to assess.

Tags
hotstar ipl viewership 2020, hotstar viewership ipl 2019, hotstar viewership ipl 2021, how many are watched ipl in hotstar, ipl, IPL 14, ipl hotstar viewership, Is IPL 2020 hit or flop, Is IPL better than PSL, What is the viewership of IPL, Which is the No 1 team in IPL, Who has sponsored IPL 2020, Why is IPL so popular

Latest News in Sports News Forum