Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Latest Update - Raqesh Bapat 2021 Bigg Boss 15 OTT Contestant

Views: 807  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-06-2021, 08:01 AM

Default Latest Update - Raqesh Bapat 2021 Bigg Boss 15 OTT Contestant

Latest Updates, News:
  • Latest News.
  • Post Bigg Boss OTT Interview: Doing Bigg Boss OTT has been an eye-opener for me: Tum Bin actor says that he has learnt a lot from participating in the reality show. "Doing Bigg Boss OTT has been an eye-opener for me. A lot of things became clear to me. I realized that there are two worlds - one outside the Bigg Boss house and one inside it. There are issues inside the house which are not real in the outside world. The interpersonal issues, the fights, the friendships were the concern inside the house. Bigg Boss taught me how to be calm in the chaos. People used to be very loud in the house but I am not like that. Because of this nature of mine, I was misunderstood inside the house and there were of course a lot of accusations made on me. It was also because I couldn't understand the reality show as I had never watched it," he shared. However, Raqesh confesses that he was initially puzzled on why he was approached for a show like Bigg Boss OTT. "When I was approached for the show, I asked the makers that why do they want a person like me to be a part of the show. I am not someone who has given enough matter to be on a show like this. And the answer that I got was that they wanted someone who is calm as they believed that calmness can also attract an audience. Also, I wanted to face my demon especially the one of not being comfortable in a crowd. I am a very private person and used to escape from crowds. I was used to being on my own. I wanted to check if I could be calm with the screaming crowd around me. And somewhere I succeeded in overcoming that demon. Plus, the offer was too lucrative to say no!" he said.
    Raqesh's ex-wife Ridhi Dogra has been supporting him on his social media handle. Ask him what she felt about his journey and he says, "Ridhi felt I played Bigg Boss OTT really well in my own way. She felt that I was the way I am in real life. She was really happy for me."
    So are there any plans of joining the Bigg Boss house with host Salman Khan? "Well, I have been approached for that too and talks are on. Let's see what happens finally."
  • Bigg Boss OTT: Raqesh Bapat gets eliminated from the finale night: Television actor Raqesh Bapat, who was loved for his gentlemen and good side on Bigg Boss OTT, became the first contestant to get eliminated from the finale night. With eviction, the Top three contestants who are now competing for the trophy are Divya Agarwal, Shamita Shetty and Nishant Bhat. During his journey in the Bigg Boss OTT house was full of ups and downs. His bond with Bollywood actress Shamita Shetty became the talk of the town. Raqesh was the most favourite amongst the girls on the premiere night as almost everyone initially took his name, but in the game of Stay Connected, Raqesh formed a connection with Shamita Shetty. Pratik Sehajpal walked out of the house taking the briefcase which was the direct entry into the Salman Khan hosted Bigg Boss 15 house. Pratik said he always wanted to enter Bigg Boss 15 and hence chose to quit the show.
    From the first week itself, the pair had several fights and disagreements sometimes due to Shamita’s strong headed nature and mostly because of Raqesh’s bond with fellow housemate Divya Agarwal. The two even decided to break the connection as Raqesh felt 'suffocating' in the bond and Shamita was offended by his nature. However, they kissed and patched up. During the course of the show, the two developed feelings for each other and have decided to see if their love survives the test of time in the outside world. In his journey Raqesh was even termed ‘***ist’, spineless by host Karan Johar and the actor was deeply hurt by his comments and even decided to leave the game. However, with the help of his friends Divya Agarwal, Shamita Shetty and Nishant Bhat, Raqesh managed to stay in the game. He also opened up about his divorce with ex-wife Ridhi Dogra in front of Shamita Shetty. He also on the show revealed that he is dyslexic and a slow learner. "I was slow in studies," he said. Raqesh added that he faced a tough time in school. To impress Nia, Raqesh even drew a naagin tattoo on her.
    First time a Bappa idol has been installed in the house: Sculpting his own eco-friendly Ganesha idol at home is a tradition of sorts for Raqesh Bapat every Ganeshotsav. Even though, this year, he is inside the Bigg Boss house, the tradition hasn't been given a miss. He made a beautiful Bappa idol inside the house.
  • Divya Agarwal, Ridhima Pandit, Nishant Bhat tease Raqesh Bapat; ask him to marry Shamita Shetty - Bigg Boss OTT contestant Raqesh Bapat became the **** of jokes as the housemates started teasing him by linking him to his connection Shamita Shetty. "Divya tells everyone that Raqesh's dreams were shattered last night. Nishant quickly asks Raqesh that he heard he was planning to sleep somewhere but had to sleep somewhere else. Ridhima also joins the conversation and teases Raqesh saying he has been trying hard to shift on Shamita's bed, but Moose aka Muskaan Jattana broke all his hopes"
  • Raquesh had an emotional breakdown. He got emotional after he got into a verbal spat with one of the housemates Pratik Sehajpal. During their fight Pratik called Raqesh 'spineless' and this hurt him as Karan Johar had called him the same during the Sunday Ka Vaar episode. Raqesh was very hurt and he got emotional. He started crying in front of Shamita, Riddhima saying that his father was an Army officer and he fought for the nation but what is he doing on the show?. He further said that he is a son of an army person and won't fight on wrong things. Raqesh cried hard. Ridhi Dogra comes out in ex- husband Raqesh Bapat's support; says 'Being loud and twisting words is unfortunately considered entertainment' and supported him for playing the game with dignity.
  • Raqesh was more hurt as Nishant, who has been his friend for 15 years, stayed silent when Pratik was calling him 'Spineless'. The actor was seen complaining about the same to friends Shamita and Ridhima. He was heard telling them that Nishant is a very close friend and he did not expect this attitude from him. He further said that he got Nishant ahead in his life when he was not doing well.
Who is Raqesh Bapat :
  • Raqesh Bapat, known also as Rakesh Vashisht, is an Indian actor and model. He is known for his work in films like Tum Bin (2001), Vrundavan (2016), Savita Damodar Paranjape (2018) and television shows like Saat Phere: Saloni Ka Safar (2005-2008), Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak? (2010-2012) and Qubool Hai (2014).
  • He has also worked in television commercials for Wrigley's gum and Colgate.
  • He was ranked sixteenth in The Times of India's Top 20 Most Desirable Men of Maharashtra in 2017.
  • Bapat married his Maryada co-actor Ridhi Dogra in May 2011. However, the couple got separated in February 2019 with mutual consent.
Bigg Boss OTT (Season 15)
  • Karan Johar introduces first contestant of the season - Raqesh Bapat. Raqesh makes an entry on the song 'Jab Se Tere Naina'. He looks dashing in a blue suit.
  • Karan draws similarities through Raqesh's personality and calls him 'Single and ready to mingle'. Raqesh says he is 'Sarvagunn samapann'.
  • Karan Johar called him 'Hero No. 1' and also stated that he has worked in several films and after a tough chase, Raqesh gave his nod to the show. The Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak? actor admitted to being in shock after watching Karan's promo of the show and revealed that his family suggested he could still back out from the show as there are two more days in his hand.
  • When the host asked Raqesh if he's open to finding love inside the house, the actor said, "Never say never." Karan Johar called him "eligible" and "sarvagun sampann" (an all-rounder), who is very homely and loves doing the domestic chores.
  • During his interactive session with host Karan Johar, Raqesh said that he has studied visual therapy and would practise it on the rest of the contestants and called them to be his "guinea pigs."
  • When Karan asked if the contestants wouldn't want his advice, would he still give it to them. To which, the actor said that he's here to do his job irrespective of anything.
  • Raqesh Bapat seemed very confident and has been asked to wait for his female connection before he enters the house. Let's see who that person is. Stay tuned.
Unknown Facts:
  • What many might not know is that the actor won a National Award for his painting when he was in class IX. He has an exceptional love for painting and sculpting and continues to practice the art forms till date.
  • Raqesh Bapat is a popular name in the entertainment industry. He got the attention of the audience with films like Tum Bin and Dil Vil Pyar Vyar. He has also done movies such as Tumse Milke Wrong Number, Kaun Hai Jo Sapno Mein Aaya, Heroine among others.
  • The actor then went on to do popular and loved shows such as Saat Phere: Saloni Ka Safar, Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak?, Hongey Judaa Na Hum and Qubool Hai. He was last seen in the show, Ishq Main Marjawan.
Final List Here:

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 09-01-2021, 06:36 PM

Raqesh Bapat's professionl life, friendship with ex-wife Ridhi Dogra and relationship with Shamita Shetty, IN PICS

Raqesh Bapat has been in showbiz for several years. While there have been several highs that the actor has seen, he has also seen difficult times in both his professional and personal life. Here are some of the highlights from his life that have made news.

Brilliant painter and sculptor

Not many may know that Raqesh had won a National Award for painting when he was in class 9. Not just that, he is also a gifted sculptor. (Photo: Instagram)

Early work in the entertainment industry

Raqesh made a smashing entry in the industry with Tum Bin (2001) where he played the role of Amar Shah. The film was a success at the box office. This was followed by Dil Vil Pyar Vyar (2002) where he essayed the role of Gaurav. (Photo: Instgaram)

Television shows

Raqesh has been seen in a number of successful shows on the small screen including Saat Phere: Saloni Ka Safar, Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak?, Qubool Hai, Bahu Hamari Rajni Kant among others. He is currently seen in Bigg Boss OTT.

Marriage with Ridhi Dogra

Raqesh found love in Ridhi Dogra on the sets of his TV show Maryada Lekin Kab Tak?. The two tied the knot in May 2011.

Divorce with Ridhi

After being together for more than seven years, the two got divorced with mutual consent in 2019. Talking about it and what led the two to go different ways, Raqesh had told ETimes TV, "Over a period of seven years, you get to know how someone fits in your life. So, there is no specific reason that I can point to. The vibes sometimes just don't work. We still love each other. It's just that the definition of love in our case has changed now."

No bitter feelings

As told by Raqesh to ETimes, Ridhi and Raqesh do not harbour any ill feelings for each other. When Raqesh had an emotional breakdown on Bigg Boss OTT after his fight with Pratik Sehajpal, Ridhi came out in his support and said, "By virtue of choosing goodness and humanity one is a winner. Being loud and twisting words and not letting people speak is unfortunately considered entertainment in this world. But there are some of us on the side of humanity. And that's what matters! @raqeshbapat." Considering it's his birthday today, she also wished him on her social media account.

Relationship with Shamita Shetty

In the house of Bigg Boss OTT, Raqesh seems to have found love again in Shamita Shetty. The two have been each other's connection since day one. They have also confessed to liking each other. Raqesh is often seen hugging and kissing Shamita, and teasing her.

Fight with Shamita

It's not been all hunky-dory though. There have also been fights between the two. More recently due to Divya Agarwal. While Shamita wants Raqesh to refrain himself from speaking to Divya, he feels it's unavoidable in a house where they come across each other frequently.

Tags
Bigg boss 15, Bigg Boss OTT, Raqesh Bapat

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

-->