Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Uma Shankar goes Russian

Views: 2281  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Television

Default Uma Shankar goes Russian

The doctor who left a successful practice in psychiatry for playing Dharmaraj Yudhisthir in Ekta Kapoor's Mahabharat is back in the news. When he shut his clinic in Bandra for the studios in Goregaon, he never thought it would run for just four months. Not one to lose hope after the world's biggest epic became one of the shortest running Ekta soaps, Uma Shankar kept trying. And it paid rich dividends. Uma has grabbed a new role in a show being produced for a Russian channel. "It is being produced by Eagle FIlms (owned by F. C. Mehra).

The shooting was supposed to start in January in Goa, but due to the terror attacks it got postponed and now we will start in March. The story is a triangular love saga which revolves around one Indian couple and a Russian boy," says Uma.

Does he have any regrets about Mahabharat? "Not at all. The show did not have any issues, there were some problems with the channel and the ongoing recession. I am happy that I grabbed the role of Yudhisthir in the epic. Many people would want to step in my shoes."

Uma is also in talks with Paresh Rawal's production house which is doing few shows for the channel COLORS.

Tags
Uma Shankar

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->