Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

TOP 10 Tips for Work Life Balance from Shilpa Shetty Kundra

Views: 1428  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 2.00 average.
Old 03-27-2021, 12:53 PM

Default TOP 10 Tips for Work Life Balance from Shilpa Shetty Kundra

Exclusive - Shilpa Shetty Kundra on balancing work and kids: There are particular times when nobody can talk to me and that time I am a totally dedicated mom

​Exclusive - Shilpa Shetty Kundra on balancing work and kids: There are particular times when nobody can talk to me and that time I am a totally dedicated mom

The stunning Shilpa Shetty Kundra, who has been associated with dance reality show Super Dancer is all set to return with the new season once again as a judge. The actress is very excited about the new season and affirms that the audiences will get to see incredible talent this season. In an exclusive interview with ETimes TV, the actress spoke about Super Dancer - Chapter 4, her bond with fellow judges Anurag Basu and Geeta Kapur and the talented kids. She also opened up about shooting in the times of COVID and how she finds a balance between work and personal life. (Photo: Instagram)

02/11​What can we expect from Super Dancer - Chapter 4?

I won’t say that you are going to see something different. What you will get to see is incredible talent as usual and that’s what we boast off. Even as judges this time we are amazed by the talent. This time the auditions have happened virtually we have for the first time got a candidate from Arunachal Pradesh. Every year we have lots of contestants from North East but this is the first time we have got someone from Arunachal Pradesh. It’s really amazing. They are such small kids literally small and they are doing contemporary, and other dance forms. They are just 4/5 year old. When we were that age we knew nothing. I don’t how they do it. We are guaranting you full on entertainment. The kids are small but the talent they have is full on and I am very proud of this season. (Photo: Instagram)

readmore

03/11I have a family at home, it is very scary and which is why I take extra precautions.

We shoot once a week and before going on the set we get ourselves checked for COVID-19, even the contestants and their parents have to undergo this tests. I just think that it is a very unsettling atmosphere right now. We all want that all the necessary protocols are maintained for the kids and for us also because it is a very frightening situation to be in. We are not taking anything for granted and we are maintaining social distancing. It is reassuring for us as judges that we are following all the rules. As I have a family at home, it is very scary and which is why I take extra precautions. If I step out for anything whether it is a brand shoot or film, I make sure I take a shower. I don’t meet my family. I undergo tests at regular interval but that also doesn’t give you 100 percent guarantee. It is something that I’ve taken in my stride but at the same time I am taking all the necessary precautions. I know that I can’t take the situation very lightly. (Photo: Instagram)
readmore

04/11Our camaraderie and chemistry work for the show and that’s why Super Dancer is loved by everyone

We have a comfort level with each other in the show. So sometimes I end up saying things and then realise that I shouldn’t have said it (laughs). The producer of our show Ranjit he’s very mischievous, he doesn’t edit those lines. I think our camaraderie and chemistry work for the show and that’s why Super Dancer is loved by everyone. It is a reality on steroids because these things can’t be planned. Anurag Dada he keeps pulling my leg and I love him and trouble him equally. He steals my food and breaks sequins of my outfit. With Geeta I have developed a great bond in this last three years. Initially, we knew each other professionally but we know personally. We have developed a bond that's even after the show and we have been in touch with each other in these last two years. And that resonates in our chemistry and the things we say and do. We three are actually very similar in many ways. Our opinions might differ but our emotions are same and that’s what works for the show. (Photo: Instagram)
readmore

05/11Do you sometimes get scared when the kids on the show perform dangerous acts?

I get very scared when I see them falling on knees, chest, elbow and doing those difficult acts. I always think are they not human (laugh). They are not the normal kids, they are blessed. They are born to be dancers and I feel there are few things which can’t be taught. The kids on the show are super talented. (Photo: Instagram)

06/11I am in a position where I can choose, what I can do and what I want to do

I think I am blessed and I am so great full to God for all that he has given me, the life I am leading. Whatever I have asked in my life I’ve got it (touchwood). Now I have a Lakshmi at home my daughter. There is so much work also happening now I think I am in a position where I can choose, what I can do and what I want to do. I have to really space it out, but yes I would definitely say that it is the best phase in my life and I am enjoying a lot. (Photo: Instagram)

07/11This phase as a working mother was like a blessing for me

Because of this COVID phase I actually got a lot of time to spend with my kids and I enjoyed a lot. This phase as a working mother was like a blessing for me. I’ve so much to be thankful for in my life. I’ve got so much love and I have good work also in my kitty. I have only survived in the industry because of the love of the people. Even without doing any films they remembered, praised me. I have no interest in films but my two films are ready for release. I have done them just to thank my fans and the audience because they wanted me to return to films. This is not my comeback I have been in front of the audience always, whether it was through social media, TV or brand endorsements. (Photo: Instagram)
readmore

08/11How do you find a balance between personal and professional life?

I micro manage things. It is very difficult but not impossible. I’ve a great team and they are very strong, they are my spine and they are very irritating. They really pack my day. They decide in such a way that I don’t compromise on my work or my personal life and I continue to be a good mother. I have a woman team and I make sure to shoot only thrice a week maximum. I take my meetings at home only. There are particular times when nobody can talk to me and that time I am a totally dedicated mother. When I am on the sets I am totally professional and I forget that I have a house and family. I make sure that wherever I am whether it's my home or sets at that time I do justice to it. I feel it is very important to love in that moment and to enjoy. (Photo: Instagram)
readmore

09/11​Have you ever faced the infamous mother's guilt?

There are many ladies who I see live in a guilt. My mother was a working mom and I’ve seen her working. The work ethics that I’ve got today are from her. I’ve seen how my parents worked while taking care of us. I want my children to see that their mother goes to work and she will return. When I am at home I am totally theirs. When they grow up they should have value for work, money and parents who are working so hard. Otherwise the mother’s who are at home they work so hard but they are never valued and it is such a thankless job. But I feel my kids will value me in the long run. I feel no woman should live in a guilt. (Photo: Instagram)

10/11I’ve been very blessed that during lockdown I could take that time off and be with my family and kids

I think not everyone is that privileged in life. I’ve been very blessed that during lockdown I could take that time off and be with my family and kids. But there were many people for whom lockdown was not very kind. There were many people who lost their jobs, there were so many of them who did not have money to even have food. It has been a very difficult time fighting the illness, just the whole job situation, financial crisis. I think it was a great time to bring a change in your life and make your life better. I have learnt a lot in this time and I have valued time for my children, myself and value the work. When I had work I never valued it that much but now I’ve started valuing it more. Because since the age of 17, I’ve only worked, it’s been a great leveler. (Photo: Instagram)
readmore

11/11Viaan loves editing, making movies, directing it

My son Viaan has varied interests. He loves editing, making movies, directing it. He is just 8 years old and he likes making movies. He has a lot of interests in VFX. He is interested in gymnasts but during lockdown he could not practise much because gymnastics need someone to be there during the training. During the lockdown he has shot so many films. 2 mins, 5 mins films. He is the actor himself in those movies. He asks me to do his makeup sometimes. He suddenly comes and tells me mom I’ve come from war please do my makeup and I do that (laughs). (Photo: Instagram)

Tags
Shilpa Shetty Kundra, stars, top 10

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum