Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips > SAP HCM Forum > SAP HCM Time Management Forum

Topic 65: Real Time Questions & Answers: Organizational Management

Views: 36746  
Payroll Time OM & PA Portal Payroll Fixes Career Tips SuccessFactors
Old 04-26-2009, 05:24 AM

Default Topic 65: Real Time Questions & Answers: Organizational Management

1. Is it good to create the Organizational Structure in Golden client and transport it to Testing, Quality & Production Clients. Or should the organization structure be created differently in all the 3 clients.

ANS:1 It is pretty much advisable to upload the Org structure.. as per my experience you will may expect lot of problem if you trying to transport. You can use LSMW to upload the Org Objects.

1. File for all the Org Object (i.e., O, S, C)
2. Relation ships

Old 04-26-2009, 05:25 AM

I turned off Integration Switch for Organizational Assignment (Plogi Orga) by removing X, so its blank. Then I saved it to a transport. When configuration is transported and I begin testing, the hiring action pops up information message:

"Save link canceled in Organizational Management." When I click on question mark in message for details it states the following below. Any suggestions, greatly appreciate it.

Diagnosis:
Active integration to Organizational Management means that when a link to Organizational Management is created, it is saved automatically.
When saving organizational data, the data must be written to a transport request because, for example, the automatic transport recording is active. Without a correction request, the relevant changes in Organizational Management cannot be saved.

ANS:1 From what you say it is obvious that you are using Organizational objects to be saved in IT0001. If you don't want to use Org Management, then you need to create Organizational data only in PA tables and not use the data from HRP tables, else the error will repeat again.

Make sure to what extent you may want to use the Org data.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:26 AM

I want questionnaire in Organizational Management. i.e. If we have been to client's place, in which way we need to collect the information from the client?

ANS:1 U can pose all sorts of questions including
How many Org units, Positions, jobs, what kind of relationships, what evaluation paths to use, cost centers used and their assignment

how many departments, root org unit and all their assignments,
other modules involved, their integration with OM,etc...

ANS:2 You can have a look at their existing Org Structure first.
Then slowly you can understand the objects in SAP..Org Unit/the Job/ Position/Task etc.
Then you can think of what relationships you should create between these objects.
it will be easy to map it into SAP if you understand their existing structures..
Old 04-26-2009, 05:26 AM

Can anyone tell me about the importance of organizational key in Infotype 0001 and how does the feature VDSK1 works?

ANS:1 Org key is used for additional Authorization purpose to provide the access for the application. You can default the Org key using the feature VDSK1, so that it will default that digits while hiring or otherwise system automatically creates the value based on your PA & Co code.

Can you explain me how the feature VDSK1 works in detail through step by step manner in SPRO - Personnel Management - Personnel Administration - Organizational data - Organizational Assignment - set up organizational key?

i.e., we create validation, rules and key control and then default the feature for 10-13 characters.

ANS:2 VDSK1 is also used under authorization object P_ORGIN which plays an important role in granting/restricting access for users.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:27 AM

My Client Wants me to give an explanation on the below question please help me with this:

Why do we want to maintain(both simultaneously)?

Info type 1005(Planned compensation) in parallel to info type 0008
Info type 1013(Emp grp/Emp Sub grp) in parallel to info type 0001
Info type 1011(Work Schedule) in parallel to Info type 0007……….etc

IS IT NECESSARY THAT WE HAVE TO DO THIS?

ANS:1 Yes.. the PA Infotypes are maintained at the employee level while the PD(OM) infotype are at the Object (in this case it is the Position ) level.. the values maintained on the PD side will automatically get defaulted while maintaining the Employee Master data on the PA side, if the PA-PD integration is turned on.

ANS:2 The basic idea of maintaining attributes (like EG/ESG,PA/PSA ..) at Org objects level is to facilitate clean operation and structured way of handling things. Org structures by themselves contain lot of meaning to it and each of the objects in the structures are straight out of the real time entity in the organisation. So when you assign attributes to each of the objects, they attain a special meaning and a place in Org structure. These objects derive their meaning out of the attributes they carry. Finally when an Employee is linked to OM objects (via position), all these attributes gets defaulted to the employee. Normally you wouldn’t change this unless in rare situations. This helps in cleaner and secured data maintenance apart from the structural meaning it applies.

Infotypes 1005 contain Planned compensation information for a Job and through the Job assigned to an Employee (0001), his eligible compensation information to IT8 may be derived;
Infotypes 1013 contain EG/ESG for a Position. When a Employee is assigned a Position in 00/01, The EG/ESG attributes along with other attributes are defaulted to IT0001.
Similarly Work schedule is maintained for a Org unit, so based on Org unit in IT0001, work schedules for the employee may be defaulted /validated in IT07;

1)Do we first create (say 1008(Account Assignment) ,1013) before creating the Personal administration info types.

2) Once if we create OM info types will they get automatically updated(PA Info types) or we have to create PA info types with respect to OM.

Can you please explain me how it Works

3) Are there any special reports to compare the OM and PA info types.

ANS:3 The integration between PD and PA is controlled in table T77S0. Check out the ‘PLOGI’ switch there. Specially the PLOGI / ORGA switch to ensure integration is switched on if this is what the client wants.

To find out if there are inconsistencies between PD and PA you can run the following programs via SE38 / SA38 : RHINTE20 and RHINTE30 (in test mode ! first) The report will show exactly where the inconsistencies are.

Crucial data like cost centers MUST go into PD first otherwise it will not pull through on the employee’s infotype 0001. If the start date of the cost centre link to the position (or org unit) differs from the start date of the infotype 0001 record, you need to either manually copy up the infotype 0001 record to get the cost centre to pull through OR run the RHINTE programs. Otherwise you are going to be clueless on why the cost centre is not reflecting in PA whilst it has been assigned (IT1001) in PD.

Like all the other guys are telling you here: No data in PD means nothing to default into PA. Simple as that. So stick as much verified, clean data as you've got into PD first.

Latest News in SAP HCM Time Management Forum