Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > General Discussion

June 2020: TOP 10 TV Shows, Web Series, Films, Original Films

Views: 18901  
Old 05-30-2020, 05:03 AM

The King of Staten Island | Available on VOD Friday, June 12

Plot: Scott has been a case of arrested development since his firefighter dad died. He spends his days smoking weed and dreaming of being a tattoo artist until events force him to grapple with his grief and take his first steps forward in life.

Our Take: Judd Apatow is the obvious choice to turn Pete Davidson's family tragedy into a life-affirming comedy. I mean this as a fan of Davidson's confronting sense of humor; Apatow is the right cruise director to usher Davidson into the mainstream, while retaining his lovable stoner/manchild appeal. — Arno
Titles: The King of Staten Island
People: Pete Davidson, Luke David Blumm, Alexis Rae Forlenza
Photo by Mary Cybulski / Universal Pictur - © 2020 UNIVERSAL STUDIOS. All Rights Reserved.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:03 AM

"The Twilight Zone" | Season 2 premieres Thursday, June 25, on CBS All Access

Plot: An updated version of the classic anthology series featuring various tales of science fiction, mystery, and horror.

Our Take: From the upcoming Candyman to "Lovecraft Country," Jordan Peele fans like myself have a lot to look forward to. In the meantime, I'll be content to watch some comfort food, like his "Twilight Zone" reboot. Season 2's cast includes Billy Porter, Joel McHale, and Morena Baccarin. — James
Titles: The Twilight Zone, Six Degrees of Freedom
People: Jordan Peele
© Robert Falconer/CBS
Old 05-30-2020, 05:05 AM

"Queer Eye" | Season 5 premieres Friday, June 5, on Netflix

Plot: Season 5 takes the Fab Five to Philadelphia to forge relationships with men and women from a wide array of backgrounds and help them become better versions of themselves.

Our Take: Right now is the perfect time to watch these five self-care superheroes swooping in to help people discover their better selves. My only goal will be not to binge the entire season in one go. I need to spread these good vibes out. — Vanessa
Titles: Queer Eye
People: Karamo Brown, Antoni Porowski, Tan France, Bobby Berk
Photo by Ryan Collerd/Netflix/Ryan Collerd/Netflix - © 2020 Netflix, Inc.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:06 AM

Choked: Paisa Bolta Hai | Premieres Friday, June 5, on Netflix

Plot: A bank employee weighed down by her family's debt — and her own broken dreams — finds a secret source of unlimited cash in her home.

Our Take: Director Anurag Kashyap excels at telling complex stories about the intersection of class, power, and privilege. That's why I'm looking forward to Kashyap's narrative centered around the controversial Indian banknote demonetization of 2016. — Sneha
Titles: Choked
Old 05-30-2020, 05:06 AM

"The Politician" | Season 2 Premieres Friday, June 19, on Netflix

Plot: Payton Hobart moves beyond the treacherous landscape of Saint Sebastian High School and sets his sights on the State Senate race.

Our Take: Ben Platt oozes talent and is seriously made for the role of hyper-determined, high-strung Payton Hobart. The colorful characters and swift pace of this show made it easy to breeze through Season 1, and I need to know what will happen as Payton forges ahead in his quest to one day become POTUS. The mega-watt cast — including Gwyneth Paltrow, Lucy Boynton, Better Midler, January Jones, and more — and their impeccable outfits are reason enough to tune in. — Hannah

Tags
2020, Amazon prime, english tv shows, HotStar, June, NetFlix, tv shows, voot, web series

Latest News in General Discussion