View Single Post
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-28-2021, 05:39 PM

Actress-TV host Hariteja, who got closer to the telly audience with Bigg Boss Telugu season 1, has welcomed a baby girl very recently. She took to her Instagram handle today (April 28) to share a video wherein she made some shocking revelations about testing COVID-19 positive a week prior to delivery and her post-delivery struggles. Take a look:

I couldn't respond for a reason

I couldn't respond to congratulatory messages and wishes by fans after my delivery but I've a strong reason which I wish to share as my story can be a caution to some.
(Photo: Instagram)

I was healthy and active

I was healthy and active, having healthy food, practising Yoga and doing everything required to stay healthy during my pregnancy.

Tested COVID-19 in the last leg

I was very excited about my delivery and was making so many plans to welcome the little one. But just a week before the delivery, myself and my family members tested COVID-19 positive. This shattered all our dreams.

Doctors refused to perform delivery

Since I tested COVID-19 positive, a few doctors refused to perform a normal delivery. I had to search for COVID hospital, get so many tests done, wait for hours together.

Emergency cesarean delivery

Due to my condition, I had to get an emergency cesarean delivery done. Me and my husband Deepak were all alone at the hospital. We don't have any prior experience but we had to deal with this all alone. Though Deepak was COVID-19 negative, he stood with me.

My baby was taken away

Soon after my baby's birth, she was taken away and put in a separate room as she was COVID-19 negative. I had to see her via video calls. I couldn't breastfeed her also. It was a traumatic experience.

We were all alone

Even after I got discharged from the hospital, we were all alone as our respective parents were in isolation. Right from the daily chores to taking care of the baby, we had to deal with it. Of course, a few friends helped us out here.

I should have been extra cautious

I felt I should have been extra cautious to avoid these circumstances. We can't afford to be negligent, especially pregnant women. Your negligence can cost your family members. Don't panic even if you tested COVID-19 positive, we need to be strong to deal with this effectively. I only got stronger during this journey. Prevention is always better than cure. Please take care of yourselves and your family. Stay home, stay safe.

Support on social media

Hariteja is being applauded for her gesture. She is receiving lots of love from fans, colleagues especially soon-to-be mom Sameera Sherief. Sameera wrote, "More power to u!! N I urge ppl to come forward n speak n share the experience. No one would corner u. Infact it might help atleast one person on this planet. Great job @actress_hariteja
Power to all the pregnant women n the new moms! (sic)"