View Single Post
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-14-2010, 05:11 PM

Default Nishant Malkani now in Sasural Genda Phool

Nishant Malkani who came into the limelight with Miley Jab Hum Tum will play one of the leads in Star Plus' Sasural Genda Phool..

Nishant Malkani
who was seen as Adhiraj in Star One's Miley Jab Hum Tum has got his next show in Star Plus' Sasural Genda Phool.

The actor will play the guy opposite Sanjana (Tapeshwari Sharma), who is the younger sister of Suhana (Ragini Khanna).

According to our source, "The entry of Nishant Malkani will create an intrigue factor in the show. He will be shown as a guy from an upper middle class family, who has a suspicious background. He will se be seen bumping into Sanju, and will give a strange appearance of being scared of somebody/something. Sanju and the guy will bump into each other many a times, and it will so happen that Sanju will get curious to know what is troubling this guy. The guy's name will not be revealed in the initial episodes".

When contacted, Nishant Malkani confirmed the news and said, "Yes, I am part of Sasural Genda Phool. When I was shooting for Miley Jab Hum Tum, I used to get fascinated with the promos of Genda Phool, and wished I was part of it. And now it feels great to be part of this team. I play the guy opposite Sanju, Suhana's sister. I play one of the leads; you need to watch the show to see how my character shapes up".

Nishant has started shoot from yesterday, and his entry sequence will be aired around the 22nd of May.

About the show:
  • Sasural Genda Phool is an Indian television drama series that aired on StarPlus starring Ragini Khanna, and Jay Soni
  • It aired during weekday evenings from 1 March 2010 to 21 April 2012. It’s plot was written at the same time as Star Jalsha series Ogo Bodhu Sundori, and many people misinterpreted the series to be a remake while both were original series. It is based on the backdrop of Old Delhi
Star Cast:
  • Ragini Khanna as Suhana Bajpai Kashyap: Kamal and Karuna's daughter; Sanjana's sister; Ishaan's wife; Alok and Rano's daughter in law. (2010–2012)
  • Jay Soni as Ishaan Kashyap: Rano and Alok's son; Ishika's brother; Suhana's husband (2010–2012)
  • Supriya Pilgaonkar as Shailaja Kashyap: Ishaan's aunt; Inder and Panna's mother; Rajini and Raunak's mother in law; Meethi's grandmother. (2010–2012)
Unknown Facts:
  • The Hindu stated, "Sasural Genda Phool on Star Plus has proved to be a breath of fresh air from the stereotyped image of ‘saas-bahu (mother in law-daughter in law) serials. The performances of seasoned actors like Sudhir Pandey, Anita Kanwal, Supriya Pilgaonkar, Sooraj Thapar and Sadia Siddiqui provide the flavour of a real Indian joint family where, as Gaurav insists, there is a mix of all light-hearted emotions that will redefine the way viewers perceive our society through television."
  • The Indian Express quoted the series as 'slice-of-life, light-hearted'. It also stated: "It not only defied the formula of fiction but also proved that viewers are open to watching good stories where serious issues are tackled in a positive way with the right mix of emotions, drama, fun and humour."
  • Ratings, Initially, it was the slot leader ranging between 2.5 to 3 TVR. Soon, it also featured in top 10 Hindi GEC with its peak of 5+ TVR. However, after May 2011, the ratings of the series started to decrease.
  • On first week of January 2011, it was the second most watched Hindi GEC after Saath Nibhaana Saathiya, garnering 5.8 TVR. In the third week of January 2011, it occupied third position with 5.49 TVR