View Single Post
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 03-12-2021, 02:18 PM

Alekhya Harika steps down as ambassador of TSTDC; here's what the BB Telugu 4 finalist has to say about her quick exit

Social media influencer and BB Telugu 4 finalist Alekhya Harika has stepped down as the ambassador of Telangana State Tourism Development Corporation (TSTDC). Alekhya was announced as the brand ambassador of TSTDC on Women's Day (March 8).

Harika confirmed her exit in her brief chat with ETimes TV as well. Commenting on her quick exit, Harika said, "Yes, I had to opt out as I was not comfortable with the issue being unnecessarily prolonged. A lot has been written about this. I kept quiet for two days but not anymore. I'm answerable to my fans as well. So, I had to come out and put an end to this once for all."

She didn't reveal her reasons though. "I'm not comfortable sharing my reasons whatsoever. But I didn't want to rather focus on my acting career and content creation in social media," Harika says.

Elaborating her reasons behind accepting the offer, Harika said, "I was approached in January and the initial idea was to explore and promote various unheard tourist destinations in Telangana like Ali Sagar, Somasila etc using my social media muscle. I'm already occupied with my projects but still wanted to accommodate this project as it is about our state's tourism which has taken a hit due to the pandemic."

Alekhya's appointment mired in controversy after speculations were rife that Telangana State Tourism Minister Srinivas Goud was reportedly unhappy as it happened without his knowledge.

TSTDC Chairman Uppala Srinivas Gupta, who appointed Harika, dismissed the rumours of her removal on Tuesday. Hours later, Harika posted a video on her Instagram, announcing her exit.

"Namastey people...here is the update As you all know, Was appointed for the Promoting and Marketing the "Tourism dept hotels and properties earlier" but then will not be continuing it further due to several other reasons. And thanks to all my well-wishers who have been there with me in good and bad and sorry for all the disappointment. But then will bounce back with some other work soon, and for all those who traveled with me in my journey so far, "welcome to the roller coaster ride (sic)," reads her Instagram post.