View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 10:56 AM

50. When i set the integration between time and T&EM as enabled and put the minimum of attendance as 90%, the integration works except for the following:
If I reduce the attendance (2002) by reducing the number of attended hours in the entry, SAP does not cancel the attendance of the employee even if it crosses the 90% minimum. But, if I delete one record of 2002, the system cancels the attendee.
Do I always have to delete the record to get the integration to work or I am missing a setting in IMG to activate the hours as well?

ANS:1 Will you please tell wat T&E means? Is it Time and Expense (or) Travel and Expense management....
ANS:2 what is TE&M?
i think ur working hours not set properly, please check the work schedule, period work schedule in which the employee group have been assigned, verify the daily work schedule working hours and break timings and schedule rule(shift planning). check this in spro

51. Would you know of any best practices for validating and reconciling data from an external time management system? Specifically, the product that will be interfacing is Ceridian's time and attendance system.
Better Use Cats else if you are Already using Any device
1)You check with data format in which exist see that it is portable to the sap system for further analysis
2) and for time evaluation in the time management status put external services
3)you can take Ale Idocs if you need to transfer data from one system to another

52. We need to approve the overtime on monthly base.
After the execution of Time evaluation from Time Events(IT2011),generated overtime needs to check by the department head and approved it,
For example: If one employee has worked for 20 hours for a month as Overtime, but department head decided to approve only 15 hours. This process will done only at the end of the month.
Will Attendance quota Infotype will help us to delimit the generated Overtime. Or SAP has any other way to handle this? Or is it possible to bring Time wage amount(OT Hours) to IT 0015 from ZL so that we can have control over OT?

As the approval process is involved you cannot handle this in time evaluation based on time events. (This has no control) There are many ways of doing it. But ultimately they need to be approved so,
i suggest the best way to do is to enter the approved hours via IT 2010 (Employee Remuneration Infotype). This will not reflect in IT 15 but they are directly paid in the salary for that period. This will also helps for reporting purpose and the best way to control Overtime. This is very simple. .instead of pushing time wage type to ZL in Time eval you can manually select the corresponding wage type against each employee and the number of hours/days. You can pay the different payment rates to them via this. You can also do the same thing in IT 2002 by entering the number of hours and then pushing the same results to ZL via Time evaluation.

53. Incase an employee's time sheet is approved in future, and has to be cancelled, what is the best way to do it? What is the cleanest way to handle this situation? Deleting records from the CATSDB doesn’t seem to be a good idea.
Each record that is stored in table CATSDB is assigned a counter. When you change the status it will assign to reference counter. When you make changes a document no is created this will be reference for this assignment Best way is change the Status rather to deleting and remember that there will reference to this record Another way is to put ZERO hours in the time and save create new record

Thanks for the information above. What has happened is the wrongly entered and approved times were set to ZERO in the time sheet entry for the person. This entered record was then approved. Now the requirement is to delete (or logically get rid of) this entry. Changing the status seems to be the cleanest option. With regards to the status change, is changing it to 60-cancelled the logical state? How exactly does one do that?

54. in the payroll processing rules there is the possibility to print information in the protocol using the PRINT operation. Is there perhaps a similar equivalent operation for the time management? That would be very useful, as some statements in the processing rules, are quite difficult to proof, when you can't see the actual results of the steps of the rules. I am aware of the PRINT function which can be used in the schema, but not in a processing rule in PT.
First I didn't get ur question? But regarding time evaluation u can use PRINT function in schema to see the results or changes to internal tables like TES, SALDO, ZL, TIP......... etc. If u want to see the how a PCR is processed or the flow of it just select the Time Evaluation LOG before evaluating time. then go to that particular day and u can see the PCR's executed for that employee. then press F2 on the relevant PCR it shows the steps it executed. if u r not sure just write PRINT after each PCR in schema, then I think u should have all the details u want.

I probably did not explain what I need exactly. I do know about the PRINT function in the schema usable for printing TES, ZL, etc. But what I am looking for is a OPERATION similar to the payroll operation PRINT, which can be used directly in the processing rule to print the results of the current step of the processing rule, which makes "debugging" of the processing rules in payroll a lot easier than in time evaluation. Maybe there is no such an operation in time evaluation and I will have to create my own, or am I wrong?
print exists only for payroll rules.

55. Q) If in a enterprise diversified daily work schedule are there, i.e if an employee is working 4hrs a day & other is working 6 hrs per day, & other is working 1 day a week and the client does not want these many of work schedules. What advise you give to the client
For this we have to consider two issues how the Leave are maintained and how payroll process is going to be for these employees.

It is not the the matter of leaves, Work schedules should be configured at the initial level, so at the time of configuration, if the client does not want too many of work schedules, how do you advise him.
ANS:1 If employees have many different working times, then probably I believe many work schedules will be needed to accommodate all these different times.
ANS:2 Different work timings , moreover different durations, moreover different number of days in a week. it itself speaks that these are different work schedules.
I believe there’s no point not to have different work schedules, as they are already themselves.

ANS:3 If your client is persistent of not wanting too many work schedules, Flexible Work Schedule will resolve your issue. - assign a Flexible work schedule(planned working time is 24 hrs 0:00-24:00) for all these kind of employees. - I hope you know the effects of Flexible work schedules- Then you need to design your schema as positive time eval If your client does not like this idea, as others suggested no essay way ...

ANS:4 If the customer really needs detailed information on planned working time in SAP HR (still a question), you either need to configure them on beforehand (work schedule rules) through customizing or let them enter in decentralized way as data by (planning) administrators with Substitutions, for example through Shift planning.