View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 10:55 AM

41. Can we write custom RULES for SCHEMA in time evaluation?
you have to copy the standard schema to z type and you can write your rules in pe01 and pe02 as per your requirement
Before going for custom Rule/Schema.. make an Indepth of the requirement analysis and possible impact on the existing processes.. If the Requirement is such that u need to go for custom defined rules/schemas.. then go for new rules.
42. can we configure CATS with negative time management.

In negative time reporting, why you require to configure the CATS. There is as such no requirement to configure CATS in negative time reporting.
Yes, it can be done. Most times this would be done for reporting purposes or with integration to logistics (for project management or billing purposes).

43. how shall we make my absences as unpaid absence ie. if i out 3 days absence in IT2001 it should deduct 3 days salary....I have configure Absences and Absence QUota .. that is working fine...I m unable to find out where shall i do that config..of unpaid absences..
Check your absence counting rule set all days of week and adjust the holiday class and day types according to company policy you need to create sub rule for this .
I have configure my IT-7 .. Rule ,everything they all are working perfectly..I m actually working on Neg. TM ... Can u please provide me some help on it...

ANS:1 have you checked table V_T554C? but do you need unpaid absences in Time Management or payroll?

Maintain for all your wage types Reduction factor is Table no:V_512w_d.
ANS:2 Your quota deduction is working fine? You have to create one more absence type unpaid absence ,
when you enter in 2001 for Leave with out pay or unpaid absence you have to enter the same sbasence type.

44. a employee has returned from leave of absence and since her return Since that date, her time is accrued as overtime and not regular time. need to know why it is calculating like that, where should i go to find it out
How is the Time being entered by the employee? may be he/she is using the wrong AWART ie Attendance type.. you can also check the entry in CATSDB for the PERNR in question & see under what AWART is the time stored.

the employee does not do the time entr and he is an exempt employee so he should not be getting the overtime and this is showing up in the ADP interface this is happening for this employee alone, as he returned from leave any thoughts?
Did you check the employee's 2002 ( Attendances Infotype) in PA20?
the employee deos not have any 2002 records its none, the explanation i got was she is an exempt so does not do the time entry, so is the case with catsdb there is no record for that as well to check in what attendance type she is stored.
the time evaluation is without clock times and using the custom schema ZM04 when i did a testing on another employee(exempt) like gave him a month of leave and did return of leave, and did the time evaluation and ran the program for the ADP interface it is showing perfectly right, i mean there is no overtime just the regular time what can be the reasons for showing for that employee only is it configuration issue or adp interface issue
45. I'm trying to convert PTO(Paid Time Off) from Legacy to SAP . My question is that in which infotype I should run the conversion program is that in 2006(Abscence Quotas) or 2013(Quota Correction).
If its a separate quota in ur system, u can give directly in 2006. If u want to update a quota which is already generated then u can go for 2013.

46. i have a set of questions: An employee has taken leave (absence) for 1.5 days. How do to go head on recording that?
You can record it in 2001, as I can see in your title that you are using Negative time. Record on one date complete absence and on other date number of hours. Before that make sure that your Leave type should have all config for half day or less than one day defined.

Could be little clear on this.
Here we do have working hours as 8 per day. The employee has taken leave as 1.5 days. So you mean to say we need to record the absence as 12 hrs insted of inputing 1.5 days directly. or else we need to record hours as well as days? because we do have fields like
absence hours, absence days, calendar days, quota used
so the above should be filled up as
absence hours: 12 hrs, absence days: 1.5 days, calendar days: ?, quota used: ?

if you have not set anything in the "Absence type" Min--field(leave blank)(spro node:: Define Absence Types), and also in the counting rule, if you have ticked the LESS THAN ONE DAY, then you will get your 1.5 or even 0.5 day leave recorded and also deducted from your quota accordingly.
The above tips are good for the settings which was referred in the previous answer.
Now as you said, you have 8 working hours, it is clear that an employee can not take 1.5 days only on one day, so there must be two dates say 18-08-2007 full day and 1/2 day on 19-08-07.Now when you will record in employee's 2001 record, you can record full one day absence by giving from and to date as 18-08-07 and 18-08-07 and no need to give hours. Whereas on 19-08-07, you can mention only from- to timings/ absence hours, which will record half day absence.

When you have a WORK DAY with 8 hours, how can you take 12 hours leave??
So as DEV has said, you need to apply for half day leave on the next date.....
even if you apply for 12 or 20 hours on the same date, according to the work schedule rule, system will consider as one day only..

It is clear a bit but let me check the record 2001 of the employee. But the 12 hrs I mean to say is 8+4(1.5 days). The 12 hrs which have mentioned is not on a single day.
u want the system to count the absence in hours/days?? pls be specific and accordingly u give the unit in deduction rule for absence quotas.. Check properly the counting rule... for absence type..

47. Requirement : Need to maintain an initial period of 60 days ( from the hiring date).
After these 60 days have passed the employee is entitiled to take certain leaves ( ex sick leave..)
example.. in CAT2 when he/she tries to enter sick leave during any of those 60 days , the employee should not be allowed to enter this type of leave. On or after 61st day , the employee is entitled for that sick leave. Note : the accruals for this sick leave start from day one onwards , only the entitlement is after the completion of initial probation. Question: Need some inputs as to where in IMG this can be taken care of..

ANS:1 I am afraid you wouldn't be able to restrict the option from being displayed. Though, when the employee tries to enter data under the absence type, he would get an error message if you have configured the quota deduction period accordingly (I mean like 60 days after hiring date and other logic that you might want). You can set up these in IT2006, when you create the quotas, you can define when is the deduction becomes effective. This is what I can think of this moment.
ANS :2 Yes , the need is to send an error message. The system should check in background if the initial period of 60 days has been completed or not. As per your reply , it seems an entry has to be made for every pernr in IT2006. But what I am looking for is..can it be done through IMG..
ANS: 3 go to IMG->Time data recording and administration->managing time accounts using att and absence quotas->calculating absence entitlements->rules for generating absence quotas->determine validity and deduction periods. Here you can fix the deduction rules and validity. and based on the validity, the quota will be generated. So, if the probation period of the person is 60 days, and if the employee tries to take leave within those 60 days system wont allow with some error or info message.
so in the above path u have to mention the " Deduction only after "END OF PROBATION" ". And you have to take help from the OM & PA people to update the infotype 0041. You have to tell them the period is 60 days. or otherwise you can maintain by your own for that particular employee.

48. My scenario is on varients in Time managemrent.it goes on like this let me consider that one variant is used for only Sunday is holiday ,2nd variant is used for second Saturdays hol and 3rd for both, after assigning variants how you ask end user to get his report or what /how do you explain end user to use these variants. Kindly let me have a clear explanation of these varients with an example if possible.
ANS:1 the daily work schedule variants will be picked up by the system when ever it encounters the specifie kind of a day. like in your example you said sunday a holiday i beleive you mean to say a public holiday class one, so crate a variant for that day and generate the work schedule rule and see that the holiday calender has a public holiday on sunday. in the work schedule generated u can see your variant getting diaplayed double click on that day the special hours will be shown. you can show this to the end user and explain him this how it is going to work. the report will also contain this variant and the working hours according to the variant.

ANS:2 I don't think that in your scenario, variants will be of any help.
You don't need to use variant for Sundays, as it is not a variation to your Daily work Schedule.You can simply define a DWS of No Planned hours and use it in PWS.
Variants are used when you have variation against your regular schedule of 8 hrs...Otherwise no need of using variants.And these are configurations which are not required to be discussed with end user.
For 2nd Saturday, you need to define 12 holidays in your Holiday Calendar, so that it will be off on every 2nd saturday.(With a fixed Day from date) Choose 8th as date and Saturday as day...

49. I applied vacation leave from 28.10.2007 and 02.11.2007 .on 30.10.2007 i applied child mc leave (full day) it is working .on 01.11.2007 applied for medical leave(halfday) it is showing collision of time infotypes.it do not allow me. any sap setting I have to change or please give me u r valuable suggestion to over the come problem.
ANS:1 maintain TCC 02
ANS:2 TCC settings in time management are controlled by V_554Y_B. It is dependent on the TCC setting against the absence/attendance/substitution/availability record that already exists. You will need to check the TCC setting against this record, check V_554Y_B to see what the reaction setting is. You can change that reaction setting to the required reaction (A - old record is delimited but collision is displayed, E - error, W - create the new record in addition to the existing record and display collision, N - same as W but don't display collision). Alternatively, change the TCC to match the reaction you want to appear.
Q. through function module(splitting of leave -which is allowed for full day in sap) my problem is when user apply for leave from monday to friday vacation leave, locked record is created,when it got approved,lock is released. In between vacation leave user want to apply for medical leave on tuesday for full day,locked record is created ,when it got approved,locked record is released. on thursday,when user applied for half day medical leave,locked record is created for halfday.when i try to approve the half day,(time collision occured and insert is not possible).how to over come this,please give me u r valuable suggestion. or ideas
ANS:1 Use the Table T554S_O, select ur leave type and go to display then change the time constraint of the leaves then ur able to apply for the leave.
ANS:2 It seems that the time constraint setting against the half day medical leave is set to error when a collision occurs (where-as the full day medical leave is set to delimit or overwrite any existing leave record).

You will need to check the time constraint setting of the half day leave in V_554S_O and, if you want the half day leave to automatically overwrite the vacation leave, change the configuration setting to match the full day medical leave.
Any configuration change to time constraints must be tested against other attendance/absences to ensure the reaction on collisions are still correct

ANS:3 A - The old record is delimited, all collisions are displayed.
E - The system does not allow you to create the new record, and
displays all collisions.
W - You can create the new record, but the old record
remains unchanged. All collisions are displayed.
N - As for W, but collisions are not displayed.

ANS:4 A time constraint indicates whether more than one infotype record may be available at one time.
The following time constraint indicators are permissible:
1 No overlapping and no gaps.
2 No overlapping but time gaps are permitted.
3 Overlapping and and time gaps are permitted.
A Only one record may exist, valid from 01/01/1800 to 12/31/9999.
Splitting and deletion is not permissible.
B Only one record may exist, valid from 01/01/1800 to 12/31/9999.
Splitting is not permissible, but may be deleted.
T The time constraint varies depending on the subtype.
Z Refers to time management infotypes.
This is important for collision check

ANS:5 These time constraint settings apply to non-time management infotypes. All time management infotypes (ie. 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013) have a time constraint of Z in T582A (Infotype config table).
The time constraint setting Z refers to the reaction/collision indicator defined in V_554Y_B. The appropriate time constraint class that matches the reaction indicator required, is then assigned against each subtype of the above infotypes.

i tried the bdc for this functionality, it is not possible manual ,how to over come this
ANS: What are your time constraint settings against the absence types that have been requested (ie. sick leave, annual leave). You can find this in T554S.
Then, what is the reaction indicators for these time constraint classes in V_554Y_B. Is this configuration still as SAP delivered it or has it been changed by your organisation?
You must address the time constraint configuration in these tables first.

It is public sector company, configuration change is done 6 yrs back, it is running on 4.6c
version, I checked the reaction indicator for absence in tcode sm30 V_554Y_B for it 2001
they marked as time constraint class 01 'A'.
time constraint class 02 'E'
time constraint class 03 'A'.
time constraint class 04 'A'.