Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News

Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News (https://www.wikinewforum.com//index.php)
-   Television & Digital OTT Forums (https://www.wikinewforum.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Stars Life after NDTV Imagine's Ramayan (2008) (https://www.wikinewforum.com//showthread.php?t=392203)

welcomewiki 05-04-2020 09:33 AM

Stars Life after NDTV Imagine's Ramayan (2008)

https://img.indiaforums.com/media/64...28-ramayan.jpg
indiaforums

Why Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee swore to NEVER work together

Years ago, Ramanand Sagar created history when he first made Ramayan on TV. His version of Ramayan continues to win hearts and make history to date. It featured Arun Govil as Ram and Dipika Chikhalia as Sita. Owing to the mythological show's massive popularity, people called them Ram and Sita in real life as well. The future versions of the show were one and the same.

Debina Bonnerjee-Gurmeet Choudhary experienced the same thing when their version of Ramayan, directed by Anand Sagar, aired on TV in 2008. The duo received just as much love as Arun Govil and Dipika Chikhalia during their run on the show. It was on the sets of Ramayan when Debina and Gurmeet fell in love with each other and started dating in real life. However, this is the same show, in which they fought with each other to an extent where they swore to never work with each other. The real-life couple made this surprising revelation in an Instagram live chat.

Going down the memory lane and recalling one particular incident, Gurmeet Choudhary told us, "Since we (Ram, Sita, and Laxman) were shooting for the vanwas sequence, we were required to roam in the jungle. At that time, there was a fight going on between me and Debina. So, there were no dialogues in the scene and it was a very long shot, where we (Ram, Sita and Laxman) were supposed to walk in a straight line. Our mics were on and Debina was continuously telling me to walk slowly." Adding to Gurmeet's words, Debina stated, "Gurmeet was walking extremely fast and there was a huge gap between him and me. Our director scolded me and asked to walk fast just because he was doing the same.

Laughing over the same incident, Gurmeet quipped, "This for the first time when Ram and Sita were fighting. Ankit Arora) aka Laxman, who was our co-star, was constantly requesting us to stop fighting. And our mic dadas were laughing out loud."

Concluding the story, Debina said, "So, Ramayan is full of these memories. Around the last few days, we swore to each other that we won't work together. We fought too much."

welcomewiki 05-04-2020 09:33 AM

https://img.indiaforums.com/media/640x0/48/3853-rc.jpg
indiaforums

'Our 'Ramayan' Was Technically More Advanced Than Arun Govil's In The 80s' - Gurmeet Choudhary

The rerun of old Ramayan turned out to be nothing short of a sensation as not only is the show garnering staggering numbers but is also the constant topic of conversation on social media on multiple days. That talk and conversation saw a slight change in the past couple of days as yet another adaptation of the epic recently began to rerun and needless to say, it was another iconic one that we are talking about here.

The 2008 Ramayan, also created by the Sagars not only catapulted actors Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee Choudhary's careers as it was their first show but was also appreciated immensely for maintaining the authenticity in spite of recreating it in modern times.

Choudhary recently said, "It definitely is a wonderful feeling that our show is rerun for television audiences. 'Ramayan' came to us when we were at the start of our careers and we had no option to choose. We never realized that the show would become so impactful and make us household names at that time." When he was asked if the viewers will be able to enjoy both the versions of Ramayan simultaneously, he said, "Fortunately both the versions have been made by the same makers and therefore the sentiment and the authentic content continue to be the same. However, considering the times in which they were shot, our show was shot with better technical equipment as compared to the previous version. Also, the fact that our version has been the most recent, people in the age group of 17 to 37 years have all watched it, and therefore it is more relatable. We are thankful to have played those characters 10 years ago."

Debina added, "We are grateful that at this time of panic and unrest people are getting to see 'Ramayan', in which we played the lead roles."

welcomewiki 05-04-2020 09:34 AM

https://img.indiaforums.com/media/64...40-gurmeet.jpg
indiaforums

Gurmeet Choudhary reveals people touched his and Debina's feet after the show aired!

Arun Govil and Dipika Chikhlia's Ramayan has broken all records to become the most-viewed TV show in the world. Another version of the mythology, which starred Gurmeet Choudhary And Debina Bonnerjee as Ram-Sita, is also being rerun. Recently, the actor shared how people actually started treating the couple as Ram-Sita in real life after the show aired. Gurmeet said, "Ramayan became a hit overnight. The show made us so popular, that people actually felt that we are Ram and Sita. They used to touch our feet and at that time, we were really young- around, 21-22."

Gurmeet also added how he used to get worried that after the show, he would get typecast. "I remember at that time whoever had done mythological shows had got typecast. It was not the audience but the industry used to typecast. So, before signing it, I had this thought in my mind that if I do a costume drama, then I may also get typecast. For me breaking that image was really important and I constantly thought what should I do after Ramayan." The actor then tells us about his change in image after Ramayan. "So, while I was giving auditions for shows, Debina and I signed a reality show, titled Pati Patni Aur Woh. And I think that was for the first time when people saw us dancing in jeans and T-shirt," concluded Gurmeet.

welcomewiki 05-12-2020 02:06 PM

While shooting the wedding sequence of Ramayan, Gurmeet Choudhary fell very ill and was hospitalized for a week. However, Gurmeet still showed up on the sets saying that he could not let a substitute take his place on the D-Day.

https://img.indiaforums.com/media/64...a-bonerjee.jpg

The epic story of Ramayan is one of the most revered and respected Hindu mythological tales by far. The eternal love story of Ram and Sita is also no secret and an example-millions swear by. The legendary romantic tale is being televised on Dangal TV where Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee are playing the role of Lord Ram and Goddess Sita respectively. A real-life incident on the set of Ramayan is a perfect narration of the bond between the onscreen Ram and Sita. While shooting the wedding sequence, Gurmeet Choudhary fell very ill and was hospitalized for a week. His condition was very bad and had no energy to leave the hospital room let alone go on the set to shoot.

Since it was an important sequence that could not be delayed, the makers decided to continue shooting with a duplicate artist. Owing to the wedding sequence, the director decided to cover the face of Gurmeet’s body double with a ‘sehra’ made of flowers.

A day prior to shooting the actual wedding (taking vows), Debina Bonnerjee emotionally convinced Gurmeet at the hospital and said “Gurmeet, tomorrow is the final wedding shoot and I am not going to take the vows with your duplicate. You have to turn up on the set come what may!”

Hearing this, a sense of energy and realization passed through Gurmeet that he could not let a substitute take his place on the D-Day. He consulted the doctor and even though he wasn’t 100%, showed up on the set and shot the sequence. Well, that’s what a real Lord Ram would do too. Ramayan, the epic tale of promises and ideologies is aired every evening at 7.30pm and repeat telecast at 9.30am only on Dangal TV.

welcomewiki 05-14-2020 09:15 AM

Gurmeet Choudhary who plays the role of Lord Ram in Ramayan which airs on Dangal TV, reveals how he bagged his first Bollywood film.

https://img.indiaforums.com/media/64...90-gurmeet.jpg

Popular Television Actor, Gurmeet Choudhary shot to fame due to his portrayal of Lord Ram in the epic mythological show Ramayan which is currently airing on Dangal TV. He went on to be a part of serials such as Geet- Hui Sabse Parai, Punar Vivah to name a few. The actor made way in the Bollywood film industry in the year 2015 with his debut film Khamoshiyan.

Talking about his journey, Gurmeet Choudhary reveals that he is indebted for the opportunity to play the role of Ram which was the turning point of his career and helped him become one of the most accomplished actors on the block.

Gurmeet says, "Today, if I am a successful actor it is all because of my first show Ramayan. The show has helped me bag my first Bollywood film, Khamoshiyan. It was Mukesh Bhatt's wife, Nilima Bhatt, who first spotted me on television while I was playing the role of Lord Ram. I am forever grateful to Ramayan for making me who I am today. Had I not played this role, I would have never become an actor.”

Talking about Ramayan being broadcasted on Dangal TV and keeping the audience entertained during the lockdown, Gurmeet says, "I am grateful to Dangal TV to telecast Ramayan in such difficult times. Since the re-launch, I have been receiving a lot of love and affection for my character. Ramayan was my first show which propelled me as an actor and helped me gain visibility.”

Ramayan, the epic tale of promises and ideologies is aired every evening at 7.30pm and repeat telecast at 9.30am only on Dangal TV.