Go Back   Wiki NewForum > Television India Forums

Television India Forums Live Streaming, Star Plus, Sony TV, Zee TV, Colors TV, Star Plus, LifeOK, Star World, SAB TV, Channel V, MTV. India Forums, Desi Tashan, Tellybuzz, Telly buzz, ApniCommunity, Tellychakkar, Indya, Indian Television news, Television news, Telly news, Latest tv news, Latest television news, Indian telly news, Indian tv news, Latest telly news, Latest Indian television news, tv gossip, tv news, tellybuz, Indian TV Serials, Online Full Episode Videos, Bigg Boss Season 7, Balika Vadhu, Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka, Na Aana Is Desh Laado, Uttaran, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain, Saath Nibhana Saathiya, Navya, Diya Aur Baati Hum, Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Dance India Dance Season 4, Hitler Didi, Pavitra Rishta, Kuch Toh Log Kahenge, Dekha Ek Khwaab, Bade Acche Laggte Hai, Dil se di dua.Saubhagyavati Bhava?, Zindagi Kahe Smile Please, Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada, Survivor India 2, Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha, Gyaan Guru, Swayamvar - Veena Ka Vivaah, Dance India Dance 4, Superstar Santa, Kaun Banega Crorepati 6, 7, Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa 7, Nach Baliye, Sun TV Serials, MTV, Colors, Star Plus, Sony, Imagine, Sony, lifeok, reality shows, TV stars, Actors, Actress, TRP, top 10, TV ratings, www.tellybuzz.com, india-forums.com & More

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.
Old ,

welcomewiki has disabled reputation
Default Full Details Shaheer Sheikh as Arjun Star Plus's Mahabharat

Shaheer Sheikh is an Indian television actor who is popularly known for his role as Anant in Star Plus daily soap "Navya- Naye Dhadkan Naye Sawaal " He also played Veer in Disney channel's show Kya mast hai life and Nana saheb in Zee tv's show Jhansi ki rani. Recently he was seen in Star Plus's show 'Teri meri love stories' playing a character named 'Nityanand Chaturvadi'.Now,He is playing Arjun in Star Plus's forthcoming mythological venture Mahabharta which is supposed to be on-air from 16th Sep 2013..

Shaheer Sheikh, who hails from Jammu and Kashmir, plays Arjun.

He started his career as a photographer and model but later switched to acting.

He was last seen in the serial, Navya, on Star Plus

Full Details Saurabh Jain as Krishna Star Plus's Mahabharat

Full Details Puneet Issar as Parshuram Star Plus's Mahabharat

Full Details Shaheer Sheikh as Arjun Star Plus's Mahabharat

Full Details Pooja Sharma as Draupadi Star Plus's Mahabharat

Shaheer Sheikh profile

Shaheer Sheikh is an Indian television actor. He is best known for his lead role as Vir Mehra in the series Kya Mast Hai Life and as Anant Bajpai in Navya. He had also played Nana Sahib in the Zee TV show Jhansi Ki Rani. Currently, he is eassying the role as Arjun in mythological show "Mahabharat" on Star Plus.

Biography

Shaheer Sheikh was born on March 9, 1986 into a Muslim family. He hails from Bhaderwah District of the Jammu region of Jammu and Kashmir. He completed his schooling from Hari Singh Higher Secondary School, Jammu. He completed his graduation from New Law College, Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune and has a acquired Bachelor of Laws (L.L.B.) and owns an event management company. He did modelling before becoming an actor and also aware of photography. He loves watching comedy shows "When I come back home and laze in front of the TV, my fingers automatically press the ****ons of the remote to switch the channel either to Comedy Central or Star World.",said Shaheer.

Personal Profile

Name : Shaheer Sheikh
Date of Birth : March 9, 1986
Home town : Bhaderwah Jammu, India
Nationality : Indian
Education : LLB
Height : 6 feet, 1 inch
Religion : Islam
Hair Color : Brown
Eye color : Black
Marital Status : Single

Girlfriend

If sources are to be believed the, Kalyug fame Smiley Suri was the girlfriend of Shaheer Sheikh. They both have dated each other for more than one and half year but soon broke off. Shaheer said, "I'm single and even though I want to mingle, I don't really have the time. I don't want to communicate with my sweetheart through sms or a social networking site. So, I guess love will have to wait for now."

Arjun in Mahabharat

Shaheer is playing the role of Arjun in the mythalogical series "Mahabharat" which is airing on Star Plus. He said, "I am enjoying every bit of playing Arjun. It's been a good experience for me so far. I have got to learn a lot of things. I am very excited and little nervous as well about my entry which is happening tonight because there are so many expectations from this character. So far I have got to hear good and positive response from the fans on my looks and I hope that people will accept me as Arjun." Arjun spent the thirteenth year of his exile as Brihannala at King Virat. He taught song and dance to the princess Uttara. Arjun spent his 13 years as Brihannala due to Urvashi's curse.

Shaheer was neither comfortable with the idea of rising early nor enthused about hitting the gym. But to do justice to his role of Arjun, he had to forego his so-called comfortable life. The actor has not only been paying acute attention to his diet, but also been taking his workout sessions, which helped him exercise his core muscles. Since his 'dhanush' is seven feet long, he had to be physically fit to carry it with ease and precise body posture. Since the show was delayed for about a year, it gave him enough time to prepare for the role and learn horse riding, sword fighting and archery.

Awards

He won the Best Actor Disney India Survey award for Most Favourite 2010 actor
Our choice awards 2010 as a Best Actor & Best Buddies.
Big television Awards Taaza Male 2011.
Indian Television Awards for GR8 Face Of The Year 2011.

Achievements

Shaheer Sheikh started his career with Disney channel India's show Kya Mast Hai Life. In the show he played the role of Vir Mehra and received Best Actor award. He also played Nana Shahib role in the Zee TV's show Jhansi Ki Rani. Currently, he is working in Swastik Pictures and Vivek Bahl's family drama Navya on Star Plus.

Favourites

Favorite Films : Andaaz Apna Apna and Benhur
Favorite Actor : Al Pacino, Brad Pitt, Johny Depp, Salman Khan
Favorite Actress : Angelina Jolie, Jessica Alba, Kareena Kapoor

TV Background

Debut Serial: Kya Mast Hai Life
Other Shows: Jhanshi Ki Rani, Navya

Shaheer Sheikh is an Indian television actor. He is best known for his lead role as Vir Mehra in the series Kya Mast Hai Life and as Anant Bajpai in Navya. He had also played Nana Sahib in the Zee TV show Jhansi Ki Rani. Currently, he is eassying the role as Arjun in mythological show "Mahabharat" on Star Plus.

Biography

Shaheer Sheikh was born on March 9, 1986 into a Muslim family. He hails from Bhaderwah District of the Jammu region of Jammu and Kashmir. He completed his schooling from Hari Singh Higher Secondary School, Jammu. He completed his graduation from New Law College, Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune and has a acquired Bachelor of Laws (L.L.B.) and owns an event management company. He did modelling before becoming an actor and also aware of photography. He loves watching comedy shows "When I come back home and laze in front of the TV, my fingers automatically press the ****ons of the remote to switch the channel either to Comedy Central or Star World.",said Shaheer.

Personal Profile

Name : Shaheer Sheikh
Date of Birth : March 9, 1986
Home town : Bhaderwah Jammu, India
Nationality : Indian
Education : LLB
Height : 6 feet, 1 inch
Religion : Islam
Hair Color : Brown
Eye color : Black
Marital Status : Single

Girlfriend

If sources are to be believed the, Kalyug fame Smiley Suri was the girlfriend of Shaheer Sheikh. They both have dated each other for more than one and half year but soon broke off. Shaheer said, "I'm single and even though I want to mingle, I don't really have the time. I don't want to communicate with my sweetheart through sms or a social networking site. So, I guess love will have to wait for now."

Arjun in Mahabharat

Shaheer is playing the role of Arjun in the mythalogical series "Mahabharat" which is airing on Star Plus. He said, "I am enjoying every bit of playing Arjun. It's been a good experience for me so far. I have got to learn a lot of things. I am very excited and little nervous as well about my entry which is happening tonight because there are so many expectations from this character. So far I have got to hear good and positive response from the fans on my looks and I hope that people will accept me as Arjun." Arjun spent the thirteenth year of his exile as Brihannala at King Virat. He taught song and dance to the princess Uttara. Arjun spent his 13 years as Brihannala due to Urvashi's curse.

Shaheer was neither comfortable with the idea of rising early nor enthused about hitting the gym. But to do justice to his role of Arjun, he had to forego his so-called comfortable life. The actor has not only been paying acute attention to his diet, but also been taking his workout sessions, which helped him exercise his core muscles. Since his 'dhanush' is seven feet long, he had to be physically fit to carry it with ease and precise body posture. Since the show was delayed for about a year, it gave him enough time to prepare for the role and learn horse riding, sword fighting and archery.

Awards

He won the Best Actor Disney India Survey award for Most Favourite 2010 actor
Our choice awards 2010 as a Best Actor & Best Buddies.
Big television Awards Taaza Male 2011.
Indian Television Awards for GR8 Face Of The Year 2011.

Achievements

Shaheer Sheikh started his career with Disney channel India's show Kya Mast Hai Life. In the show he played the role of Vir Mehra and received Best Actor award. He also played Nana Shahib role in the Zee TV's show Jhansi Ki Rani. Currently, he is working in Swastik Pictures and Vivek Bahl's family drama Navya on Star Plus.

Favourites

Favorite Films : Andaaz Apna Apna and Benhur
Favorite Actor : Al Pacino, Brad Pitt, Johny Depp, Salman Khan
Favorite Actress : Angelina Jolie, Jessica Alba, Kareena Kapoor

TV Background

Debut Serial: Kya Mast Hai Life
Other Shows: Jhanshi Ki Rani, Navya

Pics of Shaheer Sheikh- Anant of serial Navya (Star Plus)

You might also like:
Old ,

Mahabharat is an mythological drama on Star Plus, which replaced Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai. It has been produced by Swastik Pictures and stars many famous actors such as Shaheer Sheikh as Arjuna, Saurabh Raj Jain as Lord Krishna, Aham Sharma as Karna and many others. It will start from 16 September 2013, Monday to Friday at 8:30 pm

The biggest epic of all times ‘Mahabharat’ has been recaptured again and again on small screen. This time it is Star Plus which is taking the plunge to reinvent this magnum opus. The story of Pandavas and Kauravas which till now is looked upon as an inspiration for several human facets.

The name itself has a larger than life meaning attached to it and etching it on TV is not a small task. Well, our producers and creative directors are brave enough to touch the topic and let me tell you as much as I can derive from watching the promos, the show looks quiet promising.

Star Plus and producer Siddharth Kumar Tewary’s Swastik Productions are geared up to make this show look highly impactful especially for the young audiences. The visual effects and production quality is very much enhanced.

The promos were out several days before to create a buzz in the nation before its mega launch on 16 September, Monday to Friday at 8.30 PM on Star Plus. The show will be replacing Star’s Ek hazaaron mein meri behna hai. Mahabharat will be a half-hour show consisting of a fixed 128 episodes.

“The story of Mahabharata has been told and retold several times over. But if you see, the current generation of under twenty-fives, that is, those who had not grown up watching Mahabharat on Sunday mornings, would probably not know about the complexity and enormity of the story. By bringing the story into our lives again, we want the younger generation to learn the saga and the history,” said Nikhil Madhok, Senior Vice-President – Marketing at Star India.

It is being promoted with a host of marketing campaigns including extensive use of on-ground and digital while using regular mediums as well.

Combining modern technology with intense story-telling, Mahabharat aims to cultivate young audiences for this legendary saga which is considered the second longest epic of the world. The first of a set of launch innovations is a special piece of programming content – ‘Making of Mahabharat’ which aims to stir up viewer imagination with a glimpse of the ambitious scale of the project.

The Making features interviews with the key crew from the show that includes personalities like Bhanu Athaiya, Rajit Kapur, Omung Kumar, Mihir Bhuta, Thomas Xavier etc, apart from exclusive behind the scenes from the show. This content is airing in prime time on the channel as well as in the digital space.

To bring Mahabharat alive in cities across India, the channel has set up a series of exciting and innovative on-ground activation initiatives. The exquisite Mahabharat Museum will showcase selected weaponry, jewelry and finery worn or used by the characters in the show.

Set up in major malls of these cities, the Museum gives the viewers a fascinating first-hand look & feel of the show and its characters even before its launch on television. The museum will also take the viewers on a 3D virtual tour of Mahabharat’s grand set, an experience which is nothing short of a visual delight. Some of the locations shown in the 3D video include the magnificent Hastinapur palace, Vrindavan and Kunti Bhoj.

To reach out to viewers deep into small town India the same museum has been converted into a ‘Mahabharat Museum on Wheels’ that will have LED installed canter vans traveling throughout the country. With an objective of targeting the youth who are less familiar with the story and characters, the channel has introduced an interactive virtual ******** in colleges using Kinect Mirror technology.

This unique experience allows youngsters a chance to virtually dress up like some of the popular characters from Mahabharat and instantly upload their images on social platforms. Additionally, the channel has deployed promoters at youth hangouts, to give them an opportunity of viewing breathtaking visuals from the show with the help of Glasstrons. These special glasses will give patrons an on-the-go audio-visual experience of the Mahabharat sets, promos and the other visually stunning content.

Taking a leap with digital, the channel will also introduce a high engagement mobile app that will allow users to listen to Mahabharat shlokas, take part in daily contests, pose with different weapons and jewelry from the show and even go through the entire family tree of the Mahabharat characters.

The high impact outdoor campaign for the show will cover a massive 100 cities across the country. It includes innovations like a life size mannequin of Arjun firing an arrow at a fish rotating on a motor above him. Nikhil Madhok, Sr. Vice President, Marketing said, “Disruption was the key thought around our campaign. That’s what you will see in every medium we have used to promote the show. Starting with the set of the differentiated character promos that are getting attention.

For eg. we positioned Shakuni not as a scheming old uncle but as a brother who loved his sister Gandhari so much that he dedicated his life to taking revenge on Hastinapur for the injustice meted out to her. You will find the same thought of disruption in the clutter breaking launch day innovation in print. Wait and watch.”

Adds Madhok, “The campaign is deep and extensive going all the way from Metros to LC 1 towns. While there is a lot of action around launch, we also have some exciting ideas lined up post the launch of the show”

With creative associations ranging from writer Salim Khan, noted author Devdutt Pattanaik, Oscar winning designer Bhanu Athaiya, music directors Ajay-Atul, action director Ram Shetty and Oumang Kumar as set designer on board, Mahabharat has already raised the bar. Strengthened with innovative and disruptive marketing activities, it is has clearly become the most awaited show on television this year. Here is the glittering star cast of Mahabharat-

Character
Portrayed by
Role
Arjun Shaheer Sheikh Male Lead
Draupadi Pooja Sharma Female Lead
Shantanu Sameer Dharmadhikari Male Lead
Amba Pallavi Subhash Female Lead
Satyawati Sayantani Ghosh female Lead
Shakuni Praneet Bhatt Male Lead
Gandhari’s Father, King Subala Rio Kapadia Male Lead
Ambika Mansi Sharma
Lord Krishna Saurabh Raj Jain God
Parshuram Puneet Issar
Old ,

Default Re: Full Details Shaheer Sheikh as Arjun Star Plus's Mahabharat

This is how your favourite 'Mahabharat' characters look in real life offscreen

• We see them essaying their respective characters in popular mythological show 'Mahabharat' everyday. Being all decked up in heavy ornaments, their onscreen look is a far cry from how they look offscreen. Through these pictures we show you their real life avatars.

Pooja Sharma: She plays the role of Draupadi in the mythological show and has already impressed the viewers with her acting prowess.

• Shaheer Seikh: He plays the role of Arjun and the conviction with which he essays this role seems that it was just tailor-made for him.
  • Arpit Ranka: The model-turned-actor plays the role of Duryodhan in Mahabharat.
  • Karan Suchak: He plays the role of Draupadi's brother Dhrishtadyumna.
  • Arav Chowdhary: He is playing Bhishma in Mahabharat. Arav has also worked in many Bollywood movies.
  • Anoop Singh Thakur: He essays the role of King Dhritarashtra.
  • Aham Sharma: This model-turned-actor is seen in the role of Karna.
  • Lavanya Bhardwaj: He plays the role of Sahadeva.
  • Shafaq Naaz: The 21-year-old actress plays the role of Kunti.
  • Praneet Bhatt: He plays the role of Shakuni.
  • Rohit Bharadwaj: He essays the role of Yudhisthira in 'Mahabharat'.
  • Saurabh Raj Jain: He plays the role of Lord Krishna.
  • Saurav Gurjar: He plays the role of Bhima.
  • Vin Rana: He plays the role of Nakula.
  • Nirbhay Wadhwa: He plays the role of Dushasana.