Go Back   Wiki NewForum > Television India Forums

Television India Forums Live Streaming, Star Plus, Sony TV, Zee TV, Colors TV, Star Plus, LifeOK, Star World, SAB TV, Channel V, MTV. India Forums, Desi Tashan, Tellybuzz, Telly buzz, ApniCommunity, Tellychakkar, Indya, Indian Television news, Television news, Telly news, Latest tv news, Latest television news, Indian telly news, Indian tv news, Latest telly news, Latest Indian television news, tv gossip, tv news, tellybuz, Indian TV Serials, Online Full Episode Videos, Bigg Boss Season 7, Balika Vadhu, Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka, Na Aana Is Desh Laado, Uttaran, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain, Saath Nibhana Saathiya, Navya, Diya Aur Baati Hum, Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Dance India Dance Season 4, Hitler Didi, Pavitra Rishta, Kuch Toh Log Kahenge, Dekha Ek Khwaab, Bade Acche Laggte Hai, Dil se di dua.Saubhagyavati Bhava?, Zindagi Kahe Smile Please, Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada, Survivor India 2, Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha, Gyaan Guru, Swayamvar - Veena Ka Vivaah, Dance India Dance 4, Superstar Santa, Kaun Banega Crorepati 6, 7, Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa 7, Nach Baliye, Sun TV Serials, MTV, Colors, Star Plus, Sony, Imagine, Sony, lifeok, reality shows, TV stars, Actors, Actress, TRP, top 10, TV ratings, www.tellybuzz.com, india-forums.com & More

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Old ,

welcomewiki has disabled reputation
Default Full Details Pooja Sharma as Draupadi Star Plus's Mahabharat

Full Details Pooja Sharma as Draupadi Star Plus's Mahabharat

Pooja Sharma as Draupadi
Delhi girl Pooja Sharma moved to Mumbai a few years ago to pursue her acting dream. She has been chosen to play the character of Draupadi.

This is Pooja's television debut.

Full Details Saurabh Jain as Krishna Star Plus's Mahabharat

Full Details Puneet Issar as Parshuram Star Plus's Mahabharat

Full Details Shaheer Sheikh as Arjun Star Plus's Mahabharat

Full Details Pooja Sharma as Draupadi Star Plus's Mahabharat

Pooja Sharma Wiki

Pooja Sharma is a model-turned actress who is currently seen in one of the most popular mythological serial Mahabharat on Star Plus. She is essaying the role of Draupadi.

Biography

Pooja Sharma was born in Delhi and has moved to the city of dreams, Mumbai to pursue her career in acting. She is a model turned actress, who has a keen interest in acting. She has finally been selected for the role of Draupadi in mythological venture Mahabharat. Gorgeous actresses like Yuvika Chaudhary and Anupriya Kapoor were also approached for the role but finally luck hit Pooja and has grabbed this opportunity.

Personal Profile

Name : Pooja Sharma
Place of birth : Delhi
Height : 5'3" (approx)

Draupadi in Mahabharat

Pooja Sharma is portraying the role of Draupadi, daughter of King Drupad in Mahabharat. Maharishi has came and told Drupad (Sudesh Berry) that through the yagna performed, he will have a son, but the fact is that he will have to accept a daughter first. The daughter who will be born to him will install 'dharma' in the world. This way, King Drupad started his yagna in Kampilynagar wherein he asked Gods to give him a powerful son. As he would perform, Dhrishtadhyumn was born.

Drupad was very happy to get a son would not want to want a girl now, but the Rishis warned him and ask him to accept her. Finally, Drupad asked for a girl from the Gods, and this is how Draupadi was born out of the flames. Draupadi when born has directly reached adulthood without going through the various transitions in life that start from being a kid.

The 'vastra haran' scene all set to air on Star Plus's magnum opus Mahabharat soon. Pooja Sharma aka Draupadi share about her dramatic scene as he said" Oh, I can't even express in words what I felt as a woman while enacting that particular scene. And if someone thinks that Draupadi must have felt weak while the vastra haran act was on, viewers should see the episode to get the real picture.

It was a phenomenal experience to shoot the scene and I really loved every bit of it. I felt empowered and strong as a woman and am sure Draupadi too must have had the same feeling. It was indeed mind blowing the way I was chuckling at all the boys on the sets citing that I was the one who was left strong while they all lost."

Check out the most updated and latest information about Pooja Sharmaa's on the Internet.Pooja Sharmaa has over 81 Fans registered on India-Forums.com. We have 1 Television News articles related to Pooja Sharmaa.Do share your criticism, comments and feedback for the Actor on Pooja Sharmaa's comments page. We have over 7 Photos of Pooja Sharmaa to view and download including Pooja Sharmaa's Wallpapers.Have you seen the latest photos of Pooja Sharmaa? Check out photo gallery of Pooja Sharmaa images, pictures, and photos. Pooja Sharmaa pictures gallery has the latest photos, pics, and photographs of Pooja Sharmaa. We have the largest collection of Pooja Sharmaa pictures and our photo collection of Pooja Sharmaa is updated regularly. Which photo of Pooja Sharmaa is your favorite? You can check out from our extensive Pooja Sharmaa photo gallery and don�t forget to join the fan club of Pooja Sharmaa
Old ,

Mahabharat is an mythological drama on Star Plus, which replaced Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai. It has been produced by Swastik Pictures and stars many famous actors such as Shaheer Sheikh as Arjuna, Saurabh Raj Jain as Lord Krishna, Aham Sharma as Karna and many others. It will start from 16 September 2013, Monday to Friday at 8:30 pm

The biggest epic of all times ‘Mahabharat’ has been recaptured again and again on small screen. This time it is Star Plus which is taking the plunge to reinvent this magnum opus. The story of Pandavas and Kauravas which till now is looked upon as an inspiration for several human facets.

The name itself has a larger than life meaning attached to it and etching it on TV is not a small task. Well, our producers and creative directors are brave enough to touch the topic and let me tell you as much as I can derive from watching the promos, the show looks quiet promising.

Star Plus and producer Siddharth Kumar Tewary’s Swastik Productions are geared up to make this show look highly impactful especially for the young audiences. The visual effects and production quality is very much enhanced.

The promos were out several days before to create a buzz in the nation before its mega launch on 16 September, Monday to Friday at 8.30 PM on Star Plus. The show will be replacing Star’s Ek hazaaron mein meri behna hai. Mahabharat will be a half-hour show consisting of a fixed 128 episodes.

“The story of Mahabharata has been told and retold several times over. But if you see, the current generation of under twenty-fives, that is, those who had not grown up watching Mahabharat on Sunday mornings, would probably not know about the complexity and enormity of the story. By bringing the story into our lives again, we want the younger generation to learn the saga and the history,” said Nikhil Madhok, Senior Vice-President – Marketing at Star India.

It is being promoted with a host of marketing campaigns including extensive use of on-ground and digital while using regular mediums as well.

Combining modern technology with intense story-telling, Mahabharat aims to cultivate young audiences for this legendary saga which is considered the second longest epic of the world. The first of a set of launch innovations is a special piece of programming content – ‘Making of Mahabharat’ which aims to stir up viewer imagination with a glimpse of the ambitious scale of the project.

The Making features interviews with the key crew from the show that includes personalities like Bhanu Athaiya, Rajit Kapur, Omung Kumar, Mihir Bhuta, Thomas Xavier etc, apart from exclusive behind the scenes from the show. This content is airing in prime time on the channel as well as in the digital space.

To bring Mahabharat alive in cities across India, the channel has set up a series of exciting and innovative on-ground activation initiatives. The exquisite Mahabharat Museum will showcase selected weaponry, jewelry and finery worn or used by the characters in the show.

Set up in major malls of these cities, the Museum gives the viewers a fascinating first-hand look & feel of the show and its characters even before its launch on television. The museum will also take the viewers on a 3D virtual tour of Mahabharat’s grand set, an experience which is nothing short of a visual delight. Some of the locations shown in the 3D video include the magnificent Hastinapur palace, Vrindavan and Kunti Bhoj.

To reach out to viewers deep into small town India the same museum has been converted into a ‘Mahabharat Museum on Wheels’ that will have LED installed canter vans traveling throughout the country. With an objective of targeting the youth who are less familiar with the story and characters, the channel has introduced an interactive virtual ******** in colleges using Kinect Mirror technology.

This unique experience allows youngsters a chance to virtually dress up like some of the popular characters from Mahabharat and instantly upload their images on social platforms. Additionally, the channel has deployed promoters at youth hangouts, to give them an opportunity of viewing breathtaking visuals from the show with the help of Glasstrons. These special glasses will give patrons an on-the-go audio-visual experience of the Mahabharat sets, promos and the other visually stunning content.

Taking a leap with digital, the channel will also introduce a high engagement mobile app that will allow users to listen to Mahabharat shlokas, take part in daily contests, pose with different weapons and jewelry from the show and even go through the entire family tree of the Mahabharat characters.

The high impact outdoor campaign for the show will cover a massive 100 cities across the country. It includes innovations like a life size mannequin of Arjun firing an arrow at a fish rotating on a motor above him. Nikhil Madhok, Sr. Vice President, Marketing said, “Disruption was the key thought around our campaign. That’s what you will see in every medium we have used to promote the show. Starting with the set of the differentiated character promos that are getting attention.

For eg. we positioned Shakuni not as a scheming old uncle but as a brother who loved his sister Gandhari so much that he dedicated his life to taking revenge on Hastinapur for the injustice meted out to her. You will find the same thought of disruption in the clutter breaking launch day innovation in print. Wait and watch.”

Adds Madhok, “The campaign is deep and extensive going all the way from Metros to LC 1 towns. While there is a lot of action around launch, we also have some exciting ideas lined up post the launch of the show”

With creative associations ranging from writer Salim Khan, noted author Devdutt Pattanaik, Oscar winning designer Bhanu Athaiya, music directors Ajay-Atul, action director Ram Shetty and Oumang Kumar as set designer on board, Mahabharat has already raised the bar. Strengthened with innovative and disruptive marketing activities, it is has clearly become the most awaited show on television this year. Here is the glittering star cast of Mahabharat-

Character
Portrayed by
Role
Arjun Shaheer Sheikh Male Lead
Draupadi Pooja Sharma Female Lead
Shantanu Sameer Dharmadhikari Male Lead
Amba Pallavi Subhash Female Lead
Satyawati Sayantani Ghosh female Lead
Shakuni Praneet Bhatt Male Lead
Gandhari’s Father, King Subala Rio Kapadia Male Lead
Ambika Mansi Sharma
Lord Krishna Saurabh Raj Jain God
Parshuram Puneet Issar
Old ,

Default Re: Full Details Pooja Sharma as Draupadi Star Plus's Mahabharat

hi everyone.. iam new to this forum. my name is preethi. probably shaheer fans might have known me. errmm may be not .. iam preethi_shamya. Today i came across a very intresting article, i wasw very much moved by this love story..
its about who among 5 pandavas loved druabadi truely..
Its beehm.. shocking isnt it? even iam shocked to know.. love story of bheem and drupati is a untold and legend in mahabarat read below to know in detail

Who Loves Draupadi the Most?

• LOCATED IN SPIRITUAL

Polygamy and Polyandry is a recurring theme in the Mahabharata. We see co-wives and co-husbands, brothers from multiple fathers exist at one place. Not to be generalized under a ***ual umbrella, but the criss cross pairing of couples in Mahabharata is really charismatic.
The following points shed some light on Polyandry and Polygamy
  • Husbands fighting for a common wife's affection (Draupadi).
  • Wife's fighting for a common husband's affection (Arjuna).
  • Wife's leaving spaces for other wife's and raising their children as their own (Madri / Kunti).
  • Wife's agreeing to raise kid from another man because their husand is impotent (Kunti and Madri).
  • Women agreeing to raise children from Brahmans, who is not a part of the royal family (Ambika, ambalika + Vyasa).
  • Wife agreeing to let their husband raise children with a maid since she is herself in labor and can't comfort her husband (Gandhari / Yuyutsu / step son).
Mahabharata is thus a treasure trove of zigzag relationships.
Who loves Draupadi the most?

One wonders which of the 5 husbands loved Draupadi the most? Was it Arjuna, who won her hand in the Swayamvar? Was it the noble Yudhisthir? Was it the mighty Bheema, handsome Nakula or the intelligent Sahadeva?
Draupadi and Arjuna is the most talked about pair in Mahabharata. Arjuna wins her hand but she is married to all the 5 brothers (read my other post on this). Arjuna is not happy that he has to share his wife with all the brothers, so he finds peace with Subhadra, Krishna's sister. He favors Subhadra which discomforts Draupadi. She always favors Partha, the archer, the hitman who slays all warriors with a blink of his Gandiva. But alas, Arjuna is busy in his romantic ventures with Suhadra, Ulupi, Chitrangada.
This causes Draupadi to have a soft corner for another archer, Karna. It is said that she secretly adored him but at the same time, she was faithful to her 5 husbands.
In hindsight, Draupadi ignores a man who loved her the most.
The answer: Bheema.
Of all her husbands, he is the one who loves her the most. He fulfills her every request, he cannot bear to see her hurt.
  • Who brings her flowers from Kuber's garden? Bheema.
  • Who cries because his beautiful wife will have to serve as a maid to queen Sudeshna? Bheema.
  • Who ****s 100 Kauravas to avenge the insult of Draupadi? Bheema.
  • Who does Draupadi run to when she is molested by Keechak in Matsya kingdom? Bheema.
  • Who carries Draupadi in his arms because she can't walk in a dense jungle? Bheema
The other Pandavas are not under Draupadi's thumb. She is prone to outbursts of rage, she makes unreasonable, unwise demands. Arjuna is ignorant on her and concentrates on gaining more power from the gods. Nakula and Sahadeva are nothing but pawns of Yudhisitira, they follow whatever their elder brother says. When she wants Keechak ****ed for molesting her, Yudhisthir tells her that it would expose their presence in Matsya kingdom, and advises her to "live with it" (Model husband that). Bheema simply walks up to Keechak in the middle of the night and tears him limb from limb. No questions asked.
Draupadi shows us Bhima's human side. He is a savage monster with others, but he is always and only tender when it comes to Draupadi.
We all know what happened in the infamous dice game. Dussasana tried to disrobe her but fails (thanks to Krishna). Bheema walks up to the center of the court room and makes a vow
"I, pavan putra Bheema, husband of Panchali pledge that unless I drink the blood of Dushashana and break Duryodhana's thigh, I will not show my face to my ancestors"
Jayadratha, Duryodhana's brother in law, tried to abduct Draupadi in the forest and she was rescued by Bheema. Bheema almost ****ed Jayadratha but Draupadi said that he is the husband of Dusshala, Duryodhana's sister and hence your sister too. Don't **** him.
Bheema took a vow that he would slay all the 100 Kauravas. In the 14th day of the battle, he drinks blood from Dushashana's chest, carries the blood and runs to Draupadi. He sprays that blood on her hair and fulfills his pledge. Only after this, Draupadi ties her hair after 15 long years.

Draupadi was the first to fall when Pandavas were on their final journey to heaven. Soon after Draupadi, Arjuna, Bheema, Nakul and Sahadeva followed. It is said that Bheema crawled up to Draupadi and accompanied her while she was breathing her last.
Bheema had said -
"O my queen, what can I do for you?"
Draupadi had replied -
"O my beloved husband Pavan Putra Bheema, you are the only one who have given me all that a woman longs for. But I have been ignorant towards you. I have been blind for Partha but you have protected me every single time and repaid me for the humiliation I had received. In our next birth, be the eldest."
She weeps and dies in the arms of Bheema.
In the horse dance of Tanjore and some other folk dances in South India, the riders of the dummy horses represent Draupadi and Bheema.
Old ,

Default Re: Full Details Pooja Sharma as Draupadi Star Plus's Mahabharat

This is how your favourite 'Mahabharat' characters look in real life offscreen

• We see them essaying their respective characters in popular mythological show 'Mahabharat' everyday. Being all decked up in heavy ornaments, their onscreen look is a far cry from how they look offscreen. Through these pictures we show you their real life avatars.

Pooja Sharma: She plays the role of Draupadi in the mythological show and has already impressed the viewers with her acting prowess.

• Shaheer Seikh: He plays the role of Arjun and the conviction with which he essays this role seems that it was just tailor-made for him.
  • Arpit Ranka: The model-turned-actor plays the role of Duryodhan in Mahabharat.
  • Karan Suchak: He plays the role of Draupadi's brother Dhrishtadyumna.
  • Arav Chowdhary: He is playing Bhishma in Mahabharat. Arav has also worked in many Bollywood movies.
  • Anoop Singh Thakur: He essays the role of King Dhritarashtra.
  • Aham Sharma: This model-turned-actor is seen in the role of Karna.
  • Lavanya Bhardwaj: He plays the role of Sahadeva.
  • Shafaq Naaz: The 21-year-old actress plays the role of Kunti.
  • Praneet Bhatt: He plays the role of Shakuni.
  • Rohit Bharadwaj: He essays the role of Yudhisthira in 'Mahabharat'.
  • Saurabh Raj Jain: He plays the role of Lord Krishna.
  • Saurav Gurjar: He plays the role of Bhima.
  • Vin Rana: He plays the role of Nakula.
  • Nirbhay Wadhwa: He plays the role of Dushasana.