Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Bidaai is now an hour long (9.00 - 10.00 P.M)

Views: 2687  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Television

Default Bidaai is now an hour long (9.00 - 10.00 P.M)

Rajan Shahi’s hit show Bidaai which was a half an hour daily is going to be an hour daily starting 13 October. The show will air from 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm on Star Plus. Currently Bidaai and Kasturi air at 9:00 pm and 9:30 pm respectively.

Rajan Shahi, producer of the show, confirmed the news and said, “The show will become an hour daily starting 13 October from 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm. This will be for a limited period of time which is still not decided upon. This means double the responsibility and more pressure and expectations from the viewers. But we will work with full conviction as we have been doing till now. I consulted with my unit and the actors and only after getting their consent I gave my nod to the channel. I just pray that things run as smoothly as ever and I am positive as the next two months will focus on the highest point of the show.”

When asked about the reason, the producer said, “This is the channel’s strategy.”

When contacted Prem Kamath, Star India VP Marketing and Communication, said, “We haven’t given out any information as such to anyone.”

So with the numero uno Bidaai becoming an hour long show, Balaji’s Kasturi’s fate hangs on a slim thread.

Due to the huge success and popularity of the currently number one show, Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai, the channel heads of Star Plus and Producer Rajan Shahi came to a mutual agreement of extending its time slot. webnsn.com also reported that the timings of Kasturi would be changing.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Television

Default the timings of Kasturi are indeed changing and the show is being shifted to the eveni

A reliable source now informs us that the timings of Kasturi are indeed changing and the show is being shifted to the evening band.

Confirming the news, Mr. Keertan Adhyantaya, General Manager, EVP, Star Plus says, “Yes, the time of Kasturi’s telecast has been changed. The show will now be shown at 6.30 pm evening band.”

We also contacted Shubhangi Atre to know more, but the actress was surprised at hearing the news as she responds, “I really had no idea that the telecast time of Kastui was changing. I have been on the show from day one and I really think the show has great potential. But, if the channel has decided to change the timings, then what can we say about it?”

When asked about the reason for change in timings, Nivedita Basu, Creative Head, Balaji Telefilms, avers, “It’s true that the timings of Kasturi has been changed. But I am unaware of why it has been shifted to the evening band. I think the only person who can answer that question the best is Ekta Kapoor.”

Could it perhaps be the growing popularity of Bidaai and decreasing TRPs of Kasturi that prompted the time changes? We’ll let you be the judge of it…

Tags
star plus

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->