Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

Tandoori Chicken with Sweet & Spicy Stir Fry

Views: 6503  
Old 11-28-2009, 10:34 AM

Default Tandoori Chicken with Sweet & Spicy Stir Fry

Ingredients:

I recently bought a bunch of spices of Penzey's, and decided to screw around with some of them to get a feel for the flavors. After watching House of Flying Daggers last night, I had intense craving for Chinese food, and yes, I realize tandoori has nothing to do with China. I was feeling hungry, not intellectual.

Tandoori Chicken with Sweet & Spicy Stir Fry
Servings: 4 (or 3 starving college students)

The players:
1 cup brown rice
1 white onion
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
2 cups frozen corn
2 carrots
2 chicken breasts
Chinese Five Spice
Tandoori Spice
Soy Sauce
Bangkok Padang Peanut Sauce
Sriracha

Brown rice takes a long time to cook, nearly 50-60 minutes. I got it going, then went to the store to buy the yogurt, because I had no clue how to make tandoori until after I started the rice. When the brown rice was done, I drizzled a small amount of peanut [COLOR=#2B65B0 ! important]sauce [/color]over the rice for a tiny bit of spice and a nice jasmine/peanut aroma, and then dashed some soy sauce in to keep it moist while everything else was cooking.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:36 AM

Step 1:

I threw the chicken breasts into boiling water, and diced up the vegetables save for the tomato. I have no clue why the tomato is in the picture.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:36 AM

Step 2:

I threw the chicken breasts into boiling water, and diced up the vegetables save for the tomato. I have no clue why the tomato is in the picture, that cheeky bugger.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:37 AM

Step 3:

I turned the heat off of the vegetables and let them sit on the burner. To make the tandoori, take 1 cup of yogurt and add tandoori spice. I used 3 teaspoons, and that made a good flavorful mixture. If I had wanted to make it a spicy tandoori, I would have bumped it up to 4 teaspoons and added ground chili peppers.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:37 AM

Step 4:

When the chicken is done, shred it all up. I use two forks and that seems to work well. Add the chicken to the tandoori mixture and toss thoroughly. About this time, I cooked the corn.

Tags
recipes

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum