Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

‘Mahabharat Ki Mahakathayein – Arjun Ki Kahani’

Views: 1654  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-29-2020, 11:29 AM

Default ‘Mahabharat Ki Mahakathayein – Arjun Ki Kahani’

To encourage more and more viewers to stay at home and combat these difficult times, Star Plus once again aired the epic show Mahabharat for its viewers in March 2020. Now given the immense popularity of this epic show, the channel which show case a Maha Movie this Sunday through the lens of one of its greatest characters and perhaps the most loved of Mahabharat – Arjun.

The current phase marks an unprecedented time in modern history and it will require the best of humanity to overcome this battle. Social distancing and staying at home have become the need of the hour. To encourage more and more viewers to stay at home and combat these difficult times, Star Plus once again aired the epic show Mahabharat for its viewers in March 2020. Now given the immense popularity of this epic show, the channel which show case a Maha Movie this Sunday through the lens of one of its greatest characters and perhaps the most loved of Mahabharat – Arjun.

The maha-movie ‘Mahabharat Ki Mahakathayein – Arjun Ki Kahani’ will narrate Arjun’s journey as a son, a brother, a husband and as a warrior. Shaheer Sheikh who essayed the iconic role of Arjun in the show, takes us to a trip down the memory lane and shares how this show has been a stepping stone for him and how it helped him mettle as an individual.

Speaking on the occasion Shaheer adds, "With Mahabharat' rerun on Star Plus and its brilliant initiative to take the audience on the journey of each character individually, this weekend I would like the viewers to watch 'Mahabharat Ki Mahakathayein - Arjun Ki Kahani'. This Maha- Movie will revolve around Arjuns' character as someone who wants to do the right thing, it is so comforting to do a character like his valour. It was a big responsibility to play one of the biggest warriors of this epic tale. Generally, when you play a strong character, you give everything to it, your time, your efforts but Arjuns' character has taught me a lot hence, I have such profound memories of playing the role on screen."

The story of Mahabharata has been told and retold several times but this time the attempt is to make viewers understand the complexity and enormity of its key characters. With ‘Mahabharat ki Mahakathayein – Arjun Ki Kahani’ let us witness his story in detail.

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-29-2020, 11:35 AM

The mother of all wars, the mother of all rivalries, the cauldron of emotions, insecurities, jealousies and power play - Mahabharat. Rivetting and a master lesson for the entire mankind.

Unknown Facts
  • Oscar winner, Bhanu Athaiya provides creative inputs regarding the Costume Designs.
  • With a budget of INR 120 Cr, it became the first Indian TV series to have a budget of more than INR 100 Cr.
  • Sourabh Raj Jain has also played the role of Lord Vishnu in "Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev".
  • Punit Issar who played the role of Parshuram in the series also played the role of Duryodhana in B.R. Chopra's "Mahabharat".
  • Mohit Raina reprised his role of Lord Shiva from "Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev" in an episode.
  • Arjun did not help Krishna in kidnapping Rukmini as shown in this show. Actually, Krishna and Arjuna met for the first time at Draupadi's Swayamvara.
  • The Virat war was never stopped by Bhishma as shown in the show. Arjun defeated every Kuru warrior singlehandedly and saved Virat's cows.
  • Sudesh berry who played drupad in this Mahabharata, played role of maharaj vichitravirya's(half brother of bhishma) role in B. R. Chopra's epic Mahabharata......
  • There are no opening and closing credits after the Pilot.

Positive Reviews:

Everyone including myself wondered whether this new Mahabharat by Swastik Production will ever live up to the masterpiece created by BR Chopra more than 2 decades back. Although the promos were looking very engrossing but yet this element of doubt was always there.

The few episodes in the beginning may have appeared to be like a fast- forward of the story of mahabharat revolving around king shantanu. However as the they pass away things begin to get settled down and the story begins to pick up the right grip/pace.

Now in this Mahabharat the characters have been treated to quite an extent objectively and have been allowed sufficient space to grow. The negative characters like Dhritrashtra and Shakuni are shown as to how circumstances made them the way they were. Moreover the Sets can rival that of Hollywood production while the background score of Ajay-Atul is enigmatic and the hallmark of this series. I personally like Rajyabhisekh Mantra , Karna's Theme , Parshuram's Theme ,Bheshma's Theme and above all Krishna's amazing flute music.

Coming to performance. As yet of now everyone is acting superbly. However the actor playing Bheeshm and Lord Krishna are outstanding . Alongwith that the teachings of Lord Krishna in between the episodes are truly full of wisdom and knowledge for the current generation of young Indians who are torn between the worlds of modernity and traditions.

On one thing, I would like to really applaud this Mahabharata team is that they even after 2 decades of gap (since the 1st mahabharat was telecasted) haven't diluted the aspect of culture, ethics and practices of Indian tradition which shall have some positive influence on our present day youngsters.

To sum it up , this new Mahabharat is the best thing running on Indian television and to those for whom it appears as soap opera should really get a medical check-up of their ability to analyze things properly . With great war scenes and maintaining the same momentum I am sure it shall too be the most iconic thing ever to be launched in the history of Indian Television . 10/10 for this great work .

Negative Reviews

This Mahabharat is completely Disgrace to our Society, Do Not Watch This As It Has Made The Epic A TV - SOAP Of Ekta Kapoor.

Though The quotes spoken by various character in this Mahabharata are just mind blowing..specially the one spoken by lord Krishna. "He is a fool that practices truth without knowing the difference between truth and falsehood. "

The Serial Itself is not good, it has wrong storyline and misguide the viewer, please do not watch it rather watch the old mahabharata, it is real gem. And There is a facebook Page, "The Real Mahabharat of Sage Vyasa", Rather Read It, It will tell all the mistake in this serial, you have to see its old post and now the page is retelling the original Mahabharat for verified sources and it is wonderful, the lessons are great.

I Highly recommend everyone to STAY AWAY FROM WATCHING this Disgraceful show.

Though The Acting is good, and actors are not to be blame, Story Writer, Producer and Director are the one to be blamed.

I reviewed this 2 Years ago with 10 Stars Later I Realised How Bad This Serial is. So I Now Edited It.

Tags
mahabharat, star plus

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->