Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

TOP 10 Memories recalled from Star Plus 'Mahabharat

Views: 1397  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-24-2020, 03:24 PM

Default TOP 10 Memories recalled from Star Plus 'Mahabharat

Image Source IndiaForums

Shaheer Sheikh Reminisces his Role in Mahabharat: I thought I will not be able to do justice to the character!

Shaheer Sheikh TOP 10 Special Photos @ Shaheer Sheikh

In the midst of the on-going lockdown, the channels are bringing back some of the most loved shows back on TV to keep on entertaining the fans. Star Plus is also airing the reruns of the mythological show Mahabharat.

We got in touch with Actor Shaheer Sheikh who played the role of Arjuna in the show. He spoke to us about his memories from the sets, the impact that this role has in his life and much more...

As Mahabharat is back on Television, how’s the feeling, is it quite nostalgic for you?
It is good, we have been talking about it, like all the actors. We got in touch again a few days back. We have been talking about those memories, beautiful memories we have of the show.

Mahabharat is like one such show where people watch it with their families. Are you also watching the re-runs?
My family is in Jammu and I am in Mumbai. So I am watching the episodes but not like on TV, I watch it on Hostar.

Do you recall any particular memories or moments from the sets?
There are so many, all of it. Because we lived there at Umbergaon. We were the characters 24/7, even when the shoot was over and we used to go back to where we lived, we would still behave like the characters. That’s what I remember from those days. It was quite a lot of fun because it felt like hostel life over there. We were all put in one building and we had different departments. So, yes, there are a lot of good memories.

How much has the role of Arjuna made an impact in your life and career?
For me, it’s one of the high points of my career and my life. It has given me a lot. I have learnt a lot by playing that character, it has answered a lot of questions about life for me. Like every human being asks himself, why I should do this and why should I do that. It answered a lot of questions that I had in my mind. I feel that I have become a better person.

Do you remember the first time when you were offered this role?

Yes I do. When they told me for the first time, I got really scared because I thought I will not be able to do justice to the character because it’s a very important character and people look up to this character. My Hindi is not good so I really got scared initially to the point that I left the office where we were having this conversation. But the producer of the show, Siddharth Kumar Tewary, again spoke to me and he narrated me. He basically explained to me his vision, how he is going to make Mahabharat this time and he explained to me the character that somehow gave me the confidence that maybe I can give this a try. We also got almost one year of training which really helped me a lot to play the character.

A lot of shows are coming back on TV because of this lockdown period, do you have any specific show in mind that you want to come back?
I would love to watch Tu Tu Main Main. Because Supriya Maa was in it and I loved that show. I was really small but I remember watching it.
Signing off, he said, "Keep watching, try and tell the kids and the younger generation to watch it as well because they will learn a lot from it. Also, stay at home. We are entertaining you during this difficult time also, make sure that you stay at home as much as you can and we can defeat this virus and be back to our normal life."

Shaheer Sheikh TOP 10 Special Photos @ Shaheer Sheikh

Old 04-24-2020, 03:25 PM

Image Source IndiaForums

Arav Chowdharry: Mahabharat Never Left me!

In the midst of the on going lockdown, many channels have decided to bring back their previous shows to keep the fans entertained. Star Plus has also decided to re-run the episodes of its famous mythological show 'Mahabharat'.
We got in touch with Arav Chowdharry who essayed the role of Bhishma Pitamah in Star Plus' mythological show Maharabharat where he recalled some memories from the shoot, his take on show's re-run on Star Plus and much more...

As Mahabharat is back on TV, so how's the feeling, it must be quite nostalgic for you.
It is not nostalgic to me at all, because Maharabharat never left me. It has been few years that Maharabharat has been on air constantly. So universally, Maharabharat is still running in Indonesia, Russia, Italy and lot of other places. I get feedback on a daily basis from fans all over the world who are watching it. This is like a great thing where the whole country is now watching it and saying that they are watching it for the 4th time, or 5th-6th time.

Mahabharat is one show that people are watching it with their families, are you also re-watching the episodes with your family?
Yes, I am watching every episode with my family. It's a different feeling altogether.

When you watch the show, do you recall any Moments or memories from the shoots?
Yes, It's very fresh. Whenever I see any scene, I completely remember what happened behind the scene, if there was any interaction with any actor in a certain way or how the performance has been. I remember it all.
He added, "I can't say one moment because Maharabharat is an ongoing memory and it will be with me forever and everything to do with

Maharabharat. Normally, when you do Television shows, once the show is over, you move on to next one and there's a break or whatever and you forget about it. It doesn't really stay. But with Maharabharat , though it was a daily soap but as I said, it is still running all over the world and people are still watching it and liking it so it's very fresh and there are so many memories. It took us almost 6-8 months to start and go on floors. Maharabharat has always been larger than life and it will always stay with me."

Do you remember the first time when you were offered the role?

Of course, i auditioned for the role thrice but not once. I asked them if they have any other role apart from Bhishma. As in there are other roles in Maharabharat. But they were like, no we want you to audition for this role only. So I was like okay, then I auditioned and then I got the part.

Do you plan on doing more digital content in the future?
Of course because as an Actor, whether it is Television or cinema, I am doing Tamil films and hindi films also, so I think Whatever is exciting and if there is a good script and good role, no matter which platform, I am open to that.
Signing off, he said, "All I can say is a huge huge thank you to each and every person, all over the world and our country for appreciating our work. They have given me so much of love and respect for this role in Maharabharat, I am eternally grateful and thankful to all of you"
Old 05-01-2020, 03:58 AM

Pooja Sharma: I Was Not Nervous But Excited Before My First Scene as Draupadi

Mahabharat starring Sourabh Raj Jain, Shaheer Sheikh, and Pooja Sharma amongst others is being re-aired on Star Plus amid lockdown, and fans of the mythological drama are thoroughly enjoying it. We at India Forums got into a candid conversation with Pooja Sharma who played Draupadi in the show. The actress spoke to us about her character in the drama, what compelled her to take the role, her break- down moment and a lot more.
Excerpts from the interview:-

1)How are you feeling since your show, Mahabharat is being re-aired on the Television amid lockdown?
I am absolutely ecstatic and very excited. It feels as if my show has been re-launched after years. I am blessed that people will be watching the show again.
2)Taking you down the memory lane, tell us how did you prepare yourself to play Draupadi?
Honestly, I did not get much time to prepare for the character of Draupadi. I joined the show after a month and I had to keep my eyes and ears open all the time while I was on the sets. I grasped everything in and that is how I prepared for Draupadi’s character.
3)What compelled you to take the character of Draupadi?
Well, who would say no to such an important character! It was such a prominent character and I was being offered such a role at the beginning of my career. It felt as if the best of the world had come to me and how could I say no to that. I said Yes, and it worked out amazingly for me.
4)Were you nervous before the first scene you shot as Draupadi?
Honestly, what I felt was excitement and not nervousness before my first shot. I still remember my first scene, where I step out fully dressed in a saree on an extremely cold day, I could see people on the opposite side sipping tea or coffee, sitting in sweaters and shawls (chuckles). There is no nervousness, it is just excitement. I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment while shooting and I still remember them as my most fantastic memories.
5)Have you experienced any break-down moment where you felt, ‘I cannot do this anymore’?
I remember I was sitting in my room, with my head lowered down in my arms, thinking, ‘I can not do this anymore’ and my roommate entered and I told the same to my roommate. But then I just thought, I cannot let this go, I have to do this. I picked up myself and motivated myself.
6)Apart from Mahabharat, which other show of yours would you like to see on TV?
Mahabharat is already being re-aired on Star Plus and my other show, Mahakali, Anth Hi Aarambh Hai is also being re-aired on Colors. There is nothing more I could ask for.
7)Are you in touch with any of your co-stars from Mahabharat?
Yes, I am.
Lastly, we asked the actress what is the one thing she would do, once since lockdown is over. Pooja said she would order a lot of food and eat to her heart’s content.(laughs)
Old 05-01-2020, 04:00 AM

Do you know what Krishna and Draupadi call each other in real life?

It's not uncommon for television actors to foster a close bond while shooting, and one of the best examples of friendship from tinsel town can be seen between Sourabh Raj Jain & Pooja Sharma. The 2 popular actors worked together in StarPlus’ hugely popular mytho show Mahabharat which is also garnering positive responses from audiences in its re-run on the channel. Both the actors have constantly been in touch even after a period of 6 years! Recently, Sourabh Raj Jain who portrays the role of Lord Krishna in the show posted a throwback photo of him and Pooja Sharma from the sets, fondly mentioning "Hey Sakhi". Pooja Sharma too responded by posting photos of her as Draupadi with him and asking him playfully “Do you remember this is during which scene Sakha?” As per the Mahabharat folklore, Lord Krishna was a dear friend of Draupadi and both the actors have recreated this friendship in real life as well.

Viewers all over are watching the epic saga of Mahabharat and Lord Krishna & Draupadi’s friendship is a key element of the narrative. Both Sourabh & Pooja have showcased phenomenal performances which have made the story more engaging as it approaches the crescendo of the final battle of Kurukshetra.

Tags
mahabharat, star plus, tv stars

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->