Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Saroj Khan on COLORS' upcoming dance reality show Chak Dhoom Dhoom

Views: 3150  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-28-2010, 06:07 PM

Default Saroj Khan on COLORS' upcoming dance reality show Chak Dhoom Dhoom

Saroj Khan who will be one of the judges in COLORS' upcoming dance reality show Chak Dhoom Dhoom in conversation..

Saroj Khan, the 'Dance Guru' is in action yet again, as she gears up to judge the little kids on COLORS' upcoming reality show, Chak Dhoom Dhoom. She is joined by Ahmed Khan and Vindoo Dara Singh as judges on the show.

Here is the very talented lady in a chit-chat

What do you think is the USP of Chak Dhoom Dhoom?

The USP of the show is that we are looking for inborn talent. We will be looking for kids who have that X-factor in them; we as mentors will be there to polish their talent. It was the same case with me; I was a born dancer, and Sohanlal masterji saw something in me and took me as his student.

You have always been known as a 'strict' judge. So will you be reacting the same with kids?
Not exactly, we have to set our own limits while dealing with kids. I am strict with the elders who go wrong in steps and mudras.We know our jobs as judges, and very well know when to be strict and when not to be.

You have been maintaining that the kids you have interacted with are 'Scary'. What do you mean by it?
It's not like that!! I used that word because they are so very small, and yet so smart and gifted. I meant only that.

Is it easier to teach kids when compared to adults?
Yes, children are clean in mind and soft, so we can mould them in the way we want to.

How was the audience experience?
It was superb. We got so much of love from children and their parents.

Children get attracted very easily to the newer forms of dance. What do you say about it?
This is noting new; this is what the trend is these days. Everyone is into hip hop, and rarely learn the classical and folk forms. Children too follow the same pattern.

How will you three judges combine together to judge contestants?
We are free to give our own comments. We do belong to different backgrounds; I am inclined towards Indian folk, while Ahmed Khan is more into western, and Vindoo is to the funnier side.

Did you watch Dance India Dance?
I actually watched the first season. Frankly speaking, this season was very much boring and it was more of stunts than dance.

You have all of a sudden lost so much of weight?
Yes I was forced to reduce as the doctors gave me a warning that if at all I put on another 10 kg, I will end up having some severe heart ailments. I have now reduced my intake and consume two chapathis in the morning and two in the evening.

You have been part of many reality shows. Which has been your favorite?

Directly ask na, 'paise kisne zyada diya' (smiles). It's Imagine.

Tag: chak dhoom dhoom video, chak dhoom dhoom show, chak dhoom dhoom lyrics, chak dhoom dhoom mp3, chak dhoom dhoom auditions venue, chak dhoom dhoom auditions, chak dhoom dhoom auditions 2010, chak dhoom dhoom online registration form, chak dhoom dhoom auditions date, chak dhoom dhoom auditions in mumbai

Tags
chak dhoom dhoom, colors

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->