Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Ramayan: Arun Govil Thinks Ramanand Sagar’s Show Brought His Career To A Standstill

Views: 8168  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.50 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-31-2020, 01:40 PM

Default Ramayan: Arun Govil Thinks Ramanand Sagar’s Show Brought His Career To A Standstill

Actor Arun Govil, known for playing Lord Ram in Ramanand Sagar’s hit TV serial of the eighties, “Ramayan”, says his career came to a standstill after that show because producers didn’t want to cast him in any other role.

Ramayan: Arun Govil Thinks Ramanand Sagar’s Show Brought His Career To A Standstill

“I had started my career as a Hindi film hero and post ‘Ramayan’, when I wanted to return to Bollywood, producers said, ‘Your image as Ram is so strong we cannot cast you as anyone else or give you a supporting role’,” he told The Times of India.

“They felt that I was not suited for commercial movies anymore. That became the biggest minus point of my career, and I realised that I could never return to showbiz the way I wanted to. I took up a few TV shows, but every time I did something, people rejected me saying, ‘Arre, Ramji kya kar rahe hain’.”

He was left disappointed.

“On one hand, a single show had earned me immense love and admiration, but on the other, my career came to a standstill. I worked for a few more years before putting a full stop to my career in showbiz. For the last 14 years, I have not done anything, except maybe make a few special appearances,” he said.

Trending

He hasn’t given up on acting completely though. “I will do something only if it is good,” he said.

Android & IOS users, download our mobile app for faster than ever Bollywood & Box Office updates!

The post Ramayan: Arun Govil Thinks Ramanand Sagar’s Show Brought His Career To A Standstill appeared first on Koimoi.

More...

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->