Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Shweta: I was always a single parent

Views: 1776  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Sr.Member

Default Shweta: I was always a single parent

Bringing up her eight-year-old daughter single-handedly hasn't been an uphill task for popular TV actress Shweta Tiwari after separating from her husband Raja Chaudhary.

Despite his presence in her life for nine years, she believes she was always a single parent.

"I believe I was always a single parent. After I separated from my husband, I never felt that I had to do something extra for my daughter Palak. When I was with him, even then I was working and could devote time to her, so there's not much change," said Shweta.

Known for her role as Prerna in Balaji Telefilms' long running soap Kasauti Zindagi Kay, Shweta married Raja, who recently rose to prominence with his stint on reality show Bigg Boss. They separated in 2007 after she filed a case against him on grounds of domestic violence.

Shweta said she makes sure that she drops her daughter to school every morning and puts her to bed every night. She continues to do so after her separation from Raja.

"My mother looks after her during the day. On weekends, if I am free, I take her out, otherwise she sulks," she said.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->