Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Spl.Photos/Full Details: Gurmeet Choudhary

Views: 15351  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-08-2011, 05:19 AM

Default Gurmeet's Burning Passion!

Gurmeet Choudhary’s passion for acting got him burning…literally!

Gurmeet Choudhary who plays the brooding, ruggedly handsome Maan Singh in Star One's Geet Hui Sabse Parayi, is so passionate for his acting that he didn't mind getting his tongue scalded for a good shot.

According to our source, "There's a shot where Geet (Drashti Dhami) challenges Maan (Gurmeet Choudhary)…indirectly to eat chillies. Maan's ego gets hurt big time and he sits to prove that he can definitely eat more chillies than her. The catch is, Gurmeet did the stunt all by himself and ended up with a severely stinging tongue."

So is everything fine with Gurmeet? "Yes it is," Gurmeet assures us with a chuckle. "There was no other option to get the scene right and I just gorged on the chillies without thinking much about it. The hell happened once the director said 'cut'. My tongue was on fire. For half an hour I couldn't regain my normalcy. I cannot explain to you in words…," the actor trails off.

Apparently, he got Debina a little too concerned with his overzealous approach to acting. "Debina knows that at home I may laze around, not at all bothered about the chores. But when it comes to acting, she knows that I go all the way. However, after this incident she did get a bit apprehensive and told me – Whatever you do, please think over and then take the decision."

Gurmeet performed the act inspite of being unwell. "We had been having night shoots continuously for a few days and my body is just reacting to the stress. But I know that I'm working in a daily soap and every second, every little gesture matters. So I did the stunt and I'm glad it looks absolutely realistic," signs off Gurmeet.

Default Gurmeet shoots with an injured shoulder

Maan aka Gurmeet Choudhary of Star One’s popular show Geet Hui Sabse Parayi, has injured his right shoulder while on shoot…

In Star One's, Geet Hui Sabse Parayi, post Geet's (Drashti Dhami) termination from the office, Maan (Gurmeet Choudhary) is not only experiencing the pain of missing her at work place but the actor is also undergoing a physical pain in real life too.

A Little Birdie informs us that, "3days prior Gurmeet was enacting a sequence wherein he had to bang the elevator door after he gets stuck in it. But he got sunk in the character a bit too much and banged his hand badly and in due process hurt his right shoulder. Doctors have diagnosed him to be suffering from shoulder displacement but he's still shooting without taking a day off."

It's believed, when a person is passionate about his work then nothing can stop him from delivering the best in him; so our talented actor Gurmeet Choudhary is also passing through a somewhat similar state.

"Yes, I have been diagnosed to be suffering from minor shoulder dislocate and suggested not to strain on the right hand. So these days I'm giving most of my shots with my left hand and accounting my persisting angry young man look and now the usage of left hand I really feel like interpreting Amitabh Bachchan completely (smiles)", asserts Gurmeet Choudhary.

So we wish him a speedy recovery.

Gurmeet Choudhary is hit by the malaria bug, but this does not stop him from continuing his shoot..

Gurmeet Choudhary had just recovered from a dislocated shoulder, and the latest is that the otherwise energetic actor is now forced to be in bed as he has been diagnosed with malaria. The actor who has been giving nearly 20 hours to his show Geet Hui Sabse Parayi on Star One suffered from high fever coupled with shivers on Saturday, and this is when he was sent home to have a complete check up done.

A little birdie told us, "The doctors had advised Debina Bonnerjee to actually admit him in the hospital, as he was running a very high temperature. However, Debina had insisted to take complete care of him at home.

We called up Debina who said, "Yes, Gurmeet is down with malaria since Saturday. I am taking care of him at home, and he is recovering to treatment. The doctors have recommended complete bed rest for atleast 2-3 days".

However, we hear that the creative team of Geet have run out of bank, and they badly need to shoot with their male lead today.

When inquired Debina about this, she quipped, "Yes, it is true that the show needs Gurmeet today, as there is no bank literally, not even for tonight's episode. I cannot send him to the shoot place at this state, so they are coming over to our place to shoot. However, I am not going to allow Gurmeet to shoot beyond an hour or so, as he needs to rest a lot to get better soon".

Such are the demanding schedules of television!! At this stage, we can only wish that Gurmeet does not aggravate his health and gets better soon...
Old 04-08-2011, 05:20 AM

Default Gurmeet illness postpones engagement in Geet

Gurmeet Chaudhary hospitalization postpones the engagement of Geet and Maann Star One’s Geet Hui Sabse Parayi

Gurmeet Choudhary, the protagonist of Star One's Geet Hui Sabse Parayi has been plagued by bad health of late, and his miseries of repeated hospitalizations continue.

We hear that Gurmeet has been suffering from very high fever for past few days. Presently he is hospitalized and tests are being done to know the reason behind the high temperature. Our source says, "All are clueless at the moment. The engagement between Maan and Geet (Drashti Dhami) which was to be aired tonight has been pushed, owing to Gurmeet's illness. The channel and the production house will decide on the future storyline only after Gurmeet's test results are out".

We tried calling Debina and send her text message inquiring Gurmeet's condition but did not get any response.

As tension fills the air, we can only pray Gurmeet's speedy recovery!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:20 AM

Default 'I am happy to be myself' - Gurmeet Choudhary

Gurmeet aka Maan Singh Khurana of Star One’s Geet Hui Sabse Parayi, takes up Tellybuzz's witty questions this week

One thing you learnt after you came into the industry

To be punctual

The motto you have always tried to live by
As I am from an Army family I have always been disciplined and till date I always adhere to it.

The last thing you happily purchased
My blackberry set

The costliest thing that you have purchased
My house in Goregaon

Which is your favourite celebrity talk show you want to be part of?
Koffee With Karan

One actor's luck you wish you had
Abhishek Bachchan

If you could have your 'Swayamvar' who would be in it? Name three ladies
Debina, Debina and Debina

Which was the recent movie you saw that made you cry?
The Curious Case of Benjamin ****on

If you could have one superpower, what would you choose?
The power of invisibility

What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
I like experimenting with food and once Debina made me eat Octopus. Since then I have not touched a food with Octopus in it, but still the experiments are on.

Who would you like and not like to be stuck in an elevator with?
I would like get stuck with Rani Mukherjee and I don't want to get stuck with Bobby Darling

Would you rather go a week without bathing but be able to change your clothes or a week without changing of clothes but be able to bath?

I take shower daily and it's very necessary for me, so I would prefer taking up shower daily (laughs)

If you could get a free plastic surgery with no side effects what would you change?
I am happy to be myself and wouldn't want to change anything

If George Bush was to act in a Hollywood action movie, whom would you cast against him?
Rakhi Sawant

If you could bring your favourite characters to life from your favourite book or movie, who would be it?
King Asoka

Which is the one season that u wait?
Rainy season

Tags
gurmeet choudhary, photos, tvstars

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->