Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Balika Vadhu’s 700 milestone

Views: 2179  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-05-2011, 07:24 PM

Default Balika Vadhu’s 700 milestone

Colors’ Balika Vadhu, one of the most successful shows on the small screen which completely changed the face of Indian television, has reached yet another milestone.

The show completed 700 episodes yesterday and is still doing very well. The show gave new heights to careers of child actors Avika Gor aka little Anandi and Avinash Mukherjee aka little Jagya. The audiences also loved the grown up Anandi and Jagya played Pratyusha Banerjee and Shashank Vyaas respectively.

Balika Vadhu, a story of child marriage of Anandi and Jagya, moved from the marriage topic to their marital issues now. Jagya, is no more in love with Anandi now, as he has the modern educated Gauri in his life. There would be an interesting twist in the life of our Anandi soon, who loves Jagya very much.

We spoke to Anandi and Jagya both about the success of the show.

Anandi aka Pratyusha Banerjee was ecstatic and says, “It is really amazing to cross the 700 episode mark. In the morning when I came on the sets, I found out that my first show Balika Vadhu had made such a record. It’s wonderful and I feel lucky that we achieved the landmark on Gudi Padwa. What else can I ask God to give? I hope we cross 1000 episodes in the near future too. I really love the show and being part of Balika Vadhu, makes me feel on the top of the world. It is nice to be the part of the success of the show.”

Jagya aka Shashank Vyas exclaims, “It feels really great to be part of such a show that created a milestone in the industry. I am glad to play the role of Jagya. I have no words to express my happiness and I want to say a big thank you to all the viewers, who have taken Balika Vadhu to such heights.”

The Jagya -Gauri –Anandi love triangle, their emotions and love will be next highpoint in Balika Vadhu. Don’t forget to watch every Monday to Friday at 8 pm only on Colors.

About the show:
  • Balika Vadhu (English: Child Bride) is an Indian soap opera that aired on Colors TV between 21 July 2008 and 31 July 2016 and ran for 2245 episodes.
  • The story is set in rural Rajasthan and revolves around the life of a child bride transitioning from her childhood to womanhood.
  • The soap opera's first season focuses on Anandi and Jagdish, who were married in childhood. The second season reflects on the life of Anandi's daughter, Dr. Nandini (a.k.a. Nimboli) who was also a child bride.
  • Balika Vadhu was credited as the first Indian drama to complete 2000 episodes.
Seasons:
  • The show is divided into two seasons titled Balika Vadhu – Kacchi Umar Ke Pakke Rishte (English: Child Bride – Strong Relationships of Tender Age), and Balika Vadhu – Lamhe Pyaar Ke (English: Child Bride – Moments of Love).
  • A sequel of the series (Season 3) was in production as of February 2021 and is set to air on Colors TV

Dubbed versions and remakes
  • Tamil language as Mann Vasanai on Raj TV,
  • Telugu language as Chinnari Pellikuthuru on MAA TV
  • Malayalam language as Balika Vadhu on Surya TV.
  • Remade in Kannada language as Putta Gowri Maduve and telecast on Colors Kannada.
  • An animated series, Chhoti Anandi, was launched in 2016 and focuses on the adventures of 8-year-old Anandi and her friends. It was simulcasted on Colors TV and Rishtey from January to April 2016.[29] The animation was provided by HopMotion animation studio.
Controversies:
  • In 2009, the series was criticized in Indian Parliament, prompting the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to suspend its telecast and condemn the series for portraying child marriage in contravention of Indian constitutional law.
  • Balika Vadhu opened to mixed reviews from critics. While some appreciated the series for portraying the issues of child marriage, which had not been shown before on Indian television, others criticised it for glorifying child marriage
Season 3 (2022), Season 2 (2021)
  • In March 2021, production for a third season of Balika Vadhu had begun. While the cast is yet to be disclosed, the series is scheduled to begin broadcast early in June 2021 but due to COVID it got postponed.

Tags
balika vadhu

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->