Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

TOP 10 Must know facts about Barun Sobti

Views: 4892  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 02-24-2011, 07:21 AM

Default TOP 10 Must know facts about Barun Sobti

Armed with good looks, dashing personality and a huge female fan following, Barun Sobti now calls himself lucky too. When his big TV break Sony TV's serial Baat Hamari Pakki Hai is coming to an end in two days, he has bagged a yet another big serial. Here’s chatting, or rather trying to chat with a man of few words.

You began your television career with STAR Plus’ Shraddha and later did a cameo in the popular youth show STAR One’s Dill Mill Gayye. But it was Sony’s Baat Hamari Pakki Hai that brought you a lead role. How are you feeling now that the show is coming to an end?
I am glad to get a break in such a great show. I am thankful to the channel, the production team and my co stars for all the love and support. Of course, I am feeling bad that our show is coming to an end but I also feel everything has an end. The show is coming to a logical end and that is the way things should be. I will miss the team, the wonderful times we had.

You have signed Imagine's new show Dulhann. What were the criteria for selecting the show?
Among all offers I had, Dulhann was the best in terms of role and production house. It appealed to me, so I didn’t have to think twice before accepting it. I play a rich guy who gets away with everything. I have to be briefed properly about the character and the story, though I know the basics. I am not allowed to talk about it yet. In fact I haven’t even signed the contract.

Most TV actors either take a break or don’t get good roles in serials once their shows end. Do you feel lucky to have bagged another show just when your current project is ending?
I wanted to take a break as shooting for a daily serial is taxing. But I also realize that now is the time to work hard and I would be foolish to let go of such an opportunity. Perhaps you can call me lucky. [smiles]
Old 02-24-2011, 07:22 AM

What does acting mean to you?
Work mainly. I guess I haven’t done enough acting, enough work to find that depth or passion.

What does being on television mean?
Television is my bread and ****er. It gives me instant connect with the audiences, a medium to reach out to millions of viewers all across the world. Television is a perfect platform to express your creativity, especially for an actor like me.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:22 AM

From all roles you have essayed, which would you say has been the role to date?
I have to say Shravan in Baat Hamari Pakki Hai because the role had numerous shades. It was the most complex role I have ever done. I started off as a spoilt guy, a brat, then became sober, positive, played a lost guy in between trying to find his place in life and finally a matured person.

Which character has been the closest to your real personality?
None actually. Baat Hamari Pakki Hai’s Shravan has a playfulness to his character, a fun loving side. I have that trait too. Other than that I don’t think I share any qualities with any character I played.

Tags
barun sobti, tvstars

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->