Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

Potato Chips with Chicken and Thyme Seasoning (Eastern Recipes)

Views: 3400  
Old 02-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Award Winner

Step 5:

Put in a big bowl and prepare to season.

Of course you can season the potato chips with whatever you wish, but for these I wanted to try and recreate the chicken & thyme flavour crisps which I love so much.

Where do you obtain chicken flavouring? easy - stock (boullion) cubes! Strangely this tastes almost identical to the chicken flavoured crisps I can buy in a store. I just crushed down a cube, added some hot chilli powder, some dried thyme and a little onion salt. Of course you could just keep it old school and add salt, but you're pretty much only limited by your imagination here.

Just put all your cooked potato chips into a big bowl and use a spoon to add the desired amount of flavouring. How much depends on how much you like the flavour being added, toss the chips around a bit and shake the bowl to get the excess to settle to the bottom. Take a sample chip every now and then to judge if you've got the right amount.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Award Winner

Step 6:

I transferred them to a big food bag, weighed (110g) sealed it up and vowed to not touch them again until tomorrow. They taste very good, so fresh and crispy - they're similar in texture to the premium kettle chip style chips.

Tags
recipe

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum