Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Industry mourns Renuka’s demise

Views: 2170  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Award Winner

Default Industry mourns Renuka’s demise

Television industry was hit by the sad news of the demise of actress Renuka Bondre. The actress died on the fateful night of July 15th due to a massive heart attack at around 10:15 pm. All her near and dear ones including actors who had worked with her are still in a state of shock.

Remembering her, actress Nupur Alankaar says, “I have never worked with her but I met her while auditioning for the character of Chachi from Dulhann. We both auditioned for the same role but somehow I always felt that she was the ultimate choice for the character as she fit the bill perfectly. She landed up with the role and was appreciated for her acting. She was a positive person and full of life. I knew she was suffering from diabetes and we used to share tips on keeping the insulin level under control.”

Bondre’s co-actor from Dulhann, Sharad Malhotra says, “I got a call in the morning informing me about her demise and I couldn’t believe what I heard. She has a ‘forever smiling’ face. She had a fabulous smile and would smile over all the problems and issues. She was full of life. She had gone through troubled times in the initial phase of her career. Her financial condition started improving from the last couple of years. She was very friendly. Her character was Chachi and I would always address her as Chachi off camera too. We would crack jokes and laugh all the time. She’s a perfect example of all those people who go through such rough time but brave through it with a smiling face. May her soul rest in peace.”

Renuka was in her mid 30’s and was also seen in STAR Plus’ Sabki Laadli Bebo and Sahara One’s Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki.

Tags
demise, renuka

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->