Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

How to Make Sushi (****tail Party Recipes)

Views: 3213  
Old 02-04-2010, 05:07 AM
Award Winner

Step 5:

Pictured here is a California roll, minus the fish, with some rolls of fish eggs to the side. I didn't have any tuna left over from the nigiri, so we just used cucumber and avocado. Really, you can add almost anything to these rolls, so long as you slice it up to fit on the seaweed. To begin the roll, grab the edge closest to you, and curl it over the bulk of the ingredients. Once you've got it over, you can start using the mat to roll, like this:
Old 02-04-2010, 05:08 AM
Award Winner

Step 6:

It helps if you wet down the back edge of the seaweed, to make the roll stay shut.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:08 AM
Award Winner

Step 7:

From there, cut the roll in half, and those halves in half again. You should end up with 8 rolls of a good size, though the two end rolls may be a little bit deflated. I usually just eat them before serving. Tasty!

You can see in one of the above pictures that I also have rolls that I made with roe, or fish eggs. It's really very simple to make these, just lay out the seaweed and rice as if you were making a normal roll, spread the eggs across, roll, and top with a bit more. I also made some rolls with what was left of the imitation crab, and they turned out really well.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:09 AM
Award Winner

Step 8:

Wasabi is important to the meal, as most people mix in a little wasabi with their soy sauce. I choose powdered wasabi as my favorite, but it can be purchased in tubes, if you wish. Some people eat ginger between pieces of sushi, but I'm not a fan, so I left that out. All there is to do now is set the table and get to the eatin'. Enjoy your sushi!

Tags
recipe

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum