Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

TOP 1000 Recipes (Photos+Full Details)

Views: 64806  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 103 votes, 4.99 average.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:11 AM

Poached Eggs on Roasted Garlic French Bread with Bacon, Asparagus, and Tomatoes

Do you like eggs? Asparagus? Tomatoes? Bacon? If so then... You. Must. Make. This. Recipe!!

My son had a play date after school so I had time to make a special lunch just for me. I roasted the bread, asparagus, tomatoes, and bacon in the oven. I layered the bread with the bacon, asparagus, and tomatoes then served a poached egg on top. It was truly mouth watering and I enjoyed every single bite. I actually loved it so much I made it for lunch the following day too. This is by far my very favorite egg dish and I have a feeling I will be making it again very soon. I highly recommend this recipe for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!

Poached Eggs on Roasted Garlic French Bread with Bacon, Asparagus, and Tomatoes:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • 1 thick slice of Roasted Garlic French Bread (or your favorite bread)
  • 2 slices of bacon (I used precooked)
  • 2 thick slices of tomatoes
  • 3-4 asparagus spears, ends removed
  • Drizzle of olive oil
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat (or tin foil) for easier clean up and coat it with cooking spray. Place the bread on the baking sheet along with the 2 slices of tomatoes, two slices of bacon, and the asparagus spears. Drizzle the tomatoes and asparagus with olive oil then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.

Place in the oven for 5 minutes then remove the bacon, if it's cooked, and place on a paper towel. Flip the bread over and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until the bread is toasted and the tomatoes and asparagus are softened and warmed through.

Add water to a pan, filling it two thirds full; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Coat a poaching cup (or custard cup) with cooking spray then place in the water. Break the egg into the cup then cover the pan with a lid and cook for 6-8 minutes or until the whites are firm but the yolk is soft.

Layer the bread with bacon, asparagus, and tomatoes. Place the poached egg on top of the tomatoes then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!

Old 04-26-2011, 05:12 AM

Oatmeal ****erscotch Cookies

My son wanted to make a batch of cookies and we had ****erscotch chips to use up so I went in search of a recipe. I found this one at Allrecipes that looked perfect. I halved the recipe because I didn't need such a huge batch of cookies sitting around. My son and I had fun making these tasty treats and they were a big hit with the whole family. They were especially delicious dipped in ice cold milk.

Oatmeal ****erscotch Cookies:
Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Allrecipes
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp unsalted ****er
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp white sugar
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
  • 3/4 cup of ****erscotch chips

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat.

Bea the ****er, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add the egg and vanilla then continue to beat until well combined.

Stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the ****er mixture and stir until blended. Add the ****erscotch chips and mix until combined. Drop by spoonfuls on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes in the oven, or until the edges begin to brown. Cool on a cookie rack. Enjoy.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:12 AM

Angel Hair Pasta with Arugula, Feta Cheese, Tomatoes, and Pine Nuts

I had some angel hair pasta to use up so I created this light, simple, and extremely tasty pasta dish for dinner. I love the salty feta cheese with the spicy arugula and crunchy nuts. The tomatoes add a nice color, flavor, and texture to the dish and the garlic and olive oil finish it off nicely. I love that this meal took 15 minute to prepare and that my entire family loved it. I served this pasta with the Roasted Garlic French Bread and a green salad for a healthy and delicious meal.

Angel Hair Pasta with Arugula, Feta Cheese, Tomatoes, and Pine Nuts:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • 1/2 lb angel hair pasta, prepared per instructions
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 1/2 cups of small g**** tomatoes
  • 1 cup of arugula
  • 1/4 cup feta cheese (I used low fat)
  • 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts

Prepare the angel hair pasta per instructions, making sure to season the water with salt.

Heat the olive oil in a large s****et over medium heat, add the minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the g**** tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the cooked and drained pasta along with the arugula, feta cheese, and pine nuts. Toss until well combined. Serve immediately. Enjoy.

Note: To toast the pine nuts, simple place the pine nuts in a dry s****et over low heat and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:13 AM

Roasted Garlic French Bread

I loved the Crusty French Bread recipe so much I couldn't wait to make it again. I decided to halve the recipe this time (to make only one large loaf) and I added a head of roasted garlic to the mixture. This bread turned out just as delicious as the regular French bread but with a really nice roasted garlic flavor. I may add another head of garlic for an even stronger garlic flavor the next time I make it. I can't tell you how good this bread smelled while baking. This was a huge hit with my family and perfectly delicious smothered in ****er fresh from the oven.

Roasted Garlic French Bread:
Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • 1 cup of warm water
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 3 cups of all purpose flour
  • 1 head of roasted garlic, chopped up (click here for recipe)
  • 1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
  • Cornmeal
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 tbsp water

Prepare the roasted garlic (click link above).

Place all dough ingredients (through yeast) in the bread machine in the order listed. When you put the roasted garlic in, sprinkle it around the edges of the flour. Put the yeast in a well in the center of the flour. Select the dough cycle and press start.

Once the bread machine stops (it was one and a half hours on my machine). Remove the pan from the bread machine and punch the dough down (deflate it), then cover and let it rise asecond time, until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.

Remove the dough and place it on a floured surface and knead for 1 minute. Roll the dough into a rectangle. Roll up jelly roll fashion and pinch the seam together. Tuck the ends underneath. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat and sprinkle with cornmeal. Place the bread on the prepared baking sheet; cover and let rise until it doubles in size, about 30 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Carefully make several evenly placed diagonal cuts (with a sharp knife) on top of the oaf. Beat together the egg white and 1 tablespoon of water then brush over each loaf with a pastry brush.

Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 23-25 minutes, or until the loaf is golden brown and it sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks. Enjoy.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:13 AM

Hungarian Mushroom Soup

We had a very cold and rainy day recently so I was in the mood to make soup. I found this recipe in the Moosewood Cookbook and it sounded very interesting. I wasn't sure if I would like paprika, dill, and mushrooms together in a soup but I was willing to give it a try. I am so glad I did because I absolutely LOVED it. I enjoyed the flavor and texture of this soup and the dill and paprika really made the flavors shine. My children didn't care for it but my husband loved it as much as I did and he said the leftovers were even more flavorful the next day. I highly recommend trying this soup.

Hungarian Mushroom Soup:
Adapted recipe by For the Love of Cooking
Original recipe by Moosewood Cookbook
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 2 cups sweet yellow onion, diced
  • 8 oz ****on mushrooms, sliced
  • 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 tsp dill weed
  • 1 tbsp paprika
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp ****er
  • 3 tbsp flour
  • 1 cup of 2% milk
  • 2 cups of vegetable or chicken stock (divided)
  • 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
  • Parsley for garnish

Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions then cook for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, dill, paprika, soy sauce, and 1/2 cup of stock, stir until well combined then cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the mushroom mixture and liquid from the Dutch oven to a bowl, set aside.

Heat the ****er in the Dutch oven, add the flour once the ****er has melted then whisk until creamy for a few minutes. Slowly add the milk while whisking until well combined. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes, or until thick. Add the mushroom mixture and juices along with the remaining stock to the flour mixture; stir until well combined. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10-15 minutes.

Just before serving, add the lemon juice, sour cream, and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Serve garnished with parsley. Enjoy!

Tags
food, photos, recipes, top 1000

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum