Go Back   Wiki NewForum > Television India Forums

Television India Forums Live Streaming, Star Plus, Sony TV, Zee TV, Colors TV, Star Plus, LifeOK, Star World, SAB TV, Channel V, MTV. India Forums, Desi Tashan, Tellybuzz, Telly buzz, ApniCommunity, Tellychakkar, Indya, Indian Television news, Television news, Telly news, Latest tv news, Latest television news, Indian telly news, Indian tv news, Latest telly news, Latest Indian television news, tv gossip, tv news, tellybuz, Indian TV Serials, Online Full Episode Videos, Bigg Boss Season 7, Balika Vadhu, Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka, Na Aana Is Desh Laado, Uttaran, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain, Saath Nibhana Saathiya, Navya, Diya Aur Baati Hum, Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Dance India Dance Season 4, Hitler Didi, Pavitra Rishta, Kuch Toh Log Kahenge, Dekha Ek Khwaab, Bade Acche Laggte Hai, Dil se di dua.Saubhagyavati Bhava?, Zindagi Kahe Smile Please, Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada, Survivor India 2, Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha, Gyaan Guru, Swayamvar - Veena Ka Vivaah, Dance India Dance 4, Superstar Santa, Kaun Banega Crorepati 6, 7, Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa 7, Nach Baliye, Sun TV Serials, MTV, Colors, Star Plus, Sony, Imagine, Sony, lifeok, reality shows, TV stars, Actors, Actress, TRP, top 10, TV ratings, www.tellybuzz.com, india-forums.com & More

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old ,

welcomewiki has disabled reputation
Default Star Cast, Photos, Videos, Future Story, Live Streaming - Zee TV's Jodha Akbar

One would normally associate Ekta Kapoor to present family dramas and soap operas on television. But this time she is all set to enter a new territory. Yes, Ekta Kapoor is all set to recreate ‘historical magic’ with Jodha Akbar. Zee Tv has already managed to impress the audiences with “Jhansi Ki Rani”. The show is produced by TV Czarina Ekta Kapoor of Balaji Telefilms. And are hoping that this too will manage to impress the television audience.

Latest Updates/News, Future Story/Story so far Zee TV's Jodha Akbar

Latest Updates/News, Future Story/Story so far Zee TV's Jodha Akbar

Let’s try to find out more about this new attempt. In such serials the cast is considered to be the most important. Talking about the plot, Jodha Akbar is a sixteenth century love story about a political marriage of convenience between a Mughal emperor, Akbar and Rajput princess, Jodha. As these two characters of Jodha and Akbar will be the main lead of the show. So let’s find out more about the characters that will be seen on Television.

19-year-old Rajat Tokas will be seen playing the lead role as Akbar. He had earlier worked with Ekta Kapoor in “Tere Liye”. He is an expert in martial arts and horse riding. Paridhi Sharma will be seen to play the role of Jodha. Ashwini Kalsekar aka Jigyasa for Ekta Kapoor’s show Kasamh Se will play the role of Maham Anga, Akbar’s primary caretaker & protector. And Chetan Hansraj will play the pivotal character of Adham Khan, who is the foster brother of Akbar & son of Maham Anga. I****a Vyas will play the role of Moti Bai, Jodha’s Friend. She was last seen in Bade Achhe lagte hain.

Does this new entry mean that Rab Se Sona Ishq, which is presently placed at the 8 PM slot will either be shifted to a new slot or will be shut? Well, time will only tell. But the show is set to premiere on June 18, 2013 and airs every Monday to Friday at 08:00 PM IST. So get ready to witness and epic television show portraying the unique story of Jodha Akbar. Don’t forget to follow us Latest Updates/News, Future Story/Story so far Zee TV's Jodha Akbar

Jodha Akbar Cast

Cast

Rajat Tokas Role:Jalaluddin Mohammad Akbar

Paridhi Sharma Role:Rajkumari Jodhaa Bai

Ashwini Kalsekar Role:Maham Anga

Naved Aslam Role:Bairam Khan
Military Commander Of Mughal Army, Akbar''s mentor & trainer

Natasha Sinha Role:Rani Menavati
Jodha''s Mother

Vicky Batra Role:Rajkumar Sujamal
Jodha''s Cousin

Chhaya Ali Khan Role:Hamida Banu Begum
Akbar''s Mother

Smiley Suri Role:Ruqaiya Sultan Begum
Akbar''s First & Chief Wife, Mughal princess

Rajeev Saxena Role:Raja Bharmal
Jodha''s Father

Chetan Hansraj Role:Aadam Khan
Antagonist, Maham Anga''s Son, Akbar''s Foster Brother
Old ,

Paridhi Sharma to prove her mettle playing the enchanting Jodha in Zee TV's Jodha Akbar!

TV actress Paridhi Sharma has struck gold in regards to her professional career. Paridhi, who in the past played character roles in Tere Mere Sapne and Ruk Jaana Nahi, is all set to play the enchanting Jodha in Zee TV’s Jodha Akbar helmed by Balaji Telefilms.

For her it’s nothing less than a dream come true and she is thankful to Ekta Kapoor for putting trust in her. Speaking of the show, she said, “I have a lot of expectations from this show and hence I am really working hard on it. The audiences have watched some well-known faces play Jodha earlier. Now it is my chance to try and convince them with my portrayal as the new Jodha”.

For the uninitiated, Paridhi had to face tough time while auditioning for the role. She was selected out of 7,000 girls who auditioned for this role. Recalling the same, Paridhi said, “I did not know that they were auditioning people from all over India, but when I learnt about it, I was really happy. I am grateful to God, Ekta mam and Zee TV for everything.”

When asked if she did have to undergo any sort of training as her co-star Rajat Tokas (playing Akbar), she stated, “Yes, I had to attend a lot of workshops that included training in sword fighting and horse riding”.

Coming to her equation with co-star Rajat, she said, “It has been a nice experience working with him till date. He is a trained and experienced actor and is also very co-operative. He likes discussing while before enacting the scenes. So, I think the experience will only get better in the future.”

Here’s wishing good luck to you Paridhi!
Old ,

Jodha Akbar is a story about religious and cultural battle won by love, observes Ekta Kapoor!

TV queen Ekta Kapoor is credited for starting the money minting trend of saas-bahu sagas on small screen. Following the legacy of her hit shows like Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki, Kasautii and many others, TV industry is till date encashing on the saas-bahu drama.

While all others are occupied with kitchen politics, Ekta has dared to step into a different genre. She is all set to launch her first ever historic show, Jodha Akbar. Starring Rajat Tokas and Paridhi Sharma in the lead roles, Jodha Akbar is to air from June 18 on Zee TV.

During the launch of the show, she said, "I know I will be putting myself up to a lot of ridicule, lot of appreciation also, but a creative person scared of that will never grow in life”. It is notable that filmmaker Ashutosh Gowariker had got the historic love tale live on big screen as Jodhaa Akbar with Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai in the title roles. The film won five Filmfare awards besides other noted honors.

However, the story as never touched for small screen. But Ekta feels it is the right time to narrate the story of Akbar, who became a soldier and a king at a tender age of 14.

"It's a story about love in the time of hate. It's a story about religious and cultural battle that was won by love and I really find Jodha Akbar a fine example, true or not, that people need to see today. Love in the time of hate, love that changed humanity and whole era, how a cruel king became a lover and, therefore, became understanding and accepting all religions. It's a story that our time needs to hear," said Ekta.

Wish you good luck Ekta!
Old ,

I think the makers of the show have found Akbar in me, says Rajat Tokas!

Rajat Tokas seems to be the favorite when it comes to essaying historic characters on screen. The juvenile lad, who was seen in Ekta Kapoor’s Tere Liye as the parallel lead, had rose to fame playing young Prithviraj in the epic saga Prithviraj Chauhan.

And now we will see him another mighty historic look as he takes on King Akbar in Ekta’s Jodha-Akbar to be aired on Zee TV. Rajat is certainly glad over the role and feels that he has yet again be favored by lady luck. Also he added that playing historic characters helps one show off the potentials fully. Rajat shared, "It's not about coming back to historical shows or I am in love with historical characters but yes it's true that I like these characters as I love playing a man. I did Tere Liye where I played a grey character which was very different from Prithviraj and Dharam Veer.

Ekta experimented with me but then I wanted to do something more powerful and I am happy that Jodha Akbar was offered to me. I don't think I will get to play such a powerful character in a daily soap. I am not saying that daily soaps are boring but it is something I don't like. Historical shows are very different from daily soaps and I can say that as I have done three historical shows. In daily soaps you are just an observer or onlooker. You don't have anything to do in a daily soap and yet you are the main lead of the show."

He added, "I don't understand the logic behind the saas-bahu sagas on small screen. Hence, I prefer strong roles that I have played earlier and I would continue to do them in future too. When Producers, directors and the casting team selects certain actor to play a character in their show they are very much sure about what they want. So I think the makers of the show have found Akbar in me and that is why I am playing the role of Akbar. I am extremely happy to be back after two and a half year with such a big offer."

Rajat is trained in horse riding and will be seen doing some daredevil stunts. We wish him good luck and do hope that this role will earn him more fame!
Old ,

Jodha Akbar Serial

Balaji Telefilm's Jodha Akbar which is in making since long now. They are upcoming the new show after Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saraswatichandra the most awiated love story of the Indian history. Jodha Akbar's love story is the most sensational and the most amazing true love story of the past. Jodha Akbar Serial Story:

Jodhaa Akbar is a sixteenth century love story about a political marriage of convenience between a Mughal emperor, Akbar, and a Rajput princess, Jodhaa. Political success knew no bounds for Emperor Akbar. But little did Akbar know that when he married Jodhaa, a fiery Rajput princess, in order to further strengthen his relations with the Rajputs, he would in turn be embarking upon a new journey - the journey of true love. Jodhaa Akbar has wrapped up its first schedule of shoot in Jaipur and is all set to shoot for an extensive schedule in Karjat.

Jodha Akbar Serial Cast:

Rajat Tokas (Mughal Emperor Akbar)
Rajat Tokas Last seen in Balaji Telefilms Tere Liye, Actor is currently preparing for arguably one of the biggest roles of his career Mughal Emperor Akbar. The actor, who made his debut as the male lead with historical show Prithviraj Chauhan, and made his grand entry in the hearts of million is returning to this genre as Akbar. May be this can be the lucky charm for Rajat and the show. Ekta says, "I wanted an actor who is a boy-man. Although Rajat has the innocence of a 19-year-old, he is seasoned in terms of maturity. Akbar was someone who became a soldier and a king at the age of 14 and by 17 he had already won a battle on his own. Rajat is an expert in martial arts and horse riding. He was perfect for me."

Paridhi Sharma (Jodha)
Finding Jodha Bai was not an easy task. After eight months nation-wide search and auditions, Paridhi Sharma as a Jodha. This will be Paridhi's first lead role after she appeared as part of the supporting cast in Ruk Jaana Nahi.
For Jodha, Ekta reveals, "I wanted someone who possesses the radiance and dignity of the loveliest Rajput princess Indian history's seen. I'm told Jodha was someone whose eyes conveyed humility, simplicity, courage and conviction. Paridhi embodies everything I had in mind for Jodha. When Paridhi stood there in Jodha's bridal finery and delivered some of her lines, I knew the role belonged to her!"

Ashwini Kalsekar (Maham Anga)
After having worked with Balaji Telefilms earlier on their show, "Kasamh Se", as the scheming Jigyaasa, Ashwini Kalsekar, is once again getting a chance to work with the production house. Ekta Kapoor's new period love story show, "Jodhaa Akbar" will have the versatile actress, essaying an important character. Ashwini has been finalized to play the role of Maham Anga, apart from being the caretaker of the Emperor, she also acted as the political advisor to the king, on many sensitive issues. She held a special place in Akbar's life, who respected her for her shrewdness and loyalty. Ashwini, who has always been a favorite with the Balaji's, is excited to be a part of this ambitious project.

Chetan Hansraj (Adham Khan)
Chetan Hansraj is due to play the pivotal role of Adham Khan who is the foster brother of Akbar and son of Maham Anga.

Naved Aslam (Bairam Khan)
Naved Aslam Who Is Recently Seen In 'Pavitra Rishta' Serial as Dk Kirloskar. Roped Into Jodha Akbar Serial For Role Of Bairam Khan.

Vicky Batra
Vicky Batra Is A TV Actor and Model Too. He Is Recently Playing Role Of Chandler Dev In Mahadev Serial Life Ok. Now Finalize For Role Of Rajkumar Sujamal In Jodha Akbar Serial.

Kunal Bhatia (Bhagwan Das)
Kunal Bhatia Roped Into Serial For Role Of Bhagwan Das. Bhagwan Das Was King Of Amer And Elder Brother Of Jodha. Kunal Lastly Seen In Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai Serial Star Plus.

I****a Vyas (Moti Bai)
I****a Vyas Lastly Seen On Sony TV Channel's Bade Ache Lagte Hai Serial Now Roped Into Jodhaa Akbar Serial For Role Of Moti Bai. Moti Bai Was Jodha�s Friend.

Jodha Akbar Serial Schedule:

Jodha Akbar is an Indian Historical drama scheduled for airing by Zee TV. The series is slotted for a premiere on June 17, 2013 and air Monday through Friday.