Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

TOP 10 Interesting revelations made by host Amitabh Bachchan on the KBC 14

Views: 584  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-29-2022, 01:16 PM

Default TOP 10 Interesting revelations made by host Amitabh Bachchan on the KBC 14

Kaun Banega Crorepati 14 premiered in August and has entertained the audience with it's quiz questions and the contestants' emotional journeys. But the most loved of it all was the host, Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan without whom the show would not be a success. While the show’s 14th season is coming to an end, let’s take a look at some of the interesting revelations made by host Amitabh Bachchan on the show while in conversation with the contestants on the hotseat:

Big B on his father teaching him tables on morning walks

While Amitabh Bachchan was explaining a math question answer to contestant Suma Narsa Prakash, Big B recalls one of his fondest memories served with his father Harivansh Rai Bachchan. He revealed that while he used to go on his morning walks with his father he used to teach Big B maths tables. He further added “Bachpan ki yaad aagayi, babuji ke saath subah jaana padta tha subah 4-5 am baje... jab woh tahelne nikalte the, jaana padta tha unke saath aur woh bolte the pahada (tables) padho. Aur Jahan galat hua, wahan padti thi ek chapat (slap). Ye sab humko yaad hai.

Big B reveals the major reason he married Jaya Bachchan

In one of the episodes Big B complimented a contestant about her hair and also spoke about the real reason behind why he got married to his wife Jaya Bachchan. Big B said “Apni Patni se humne biyaha ek is wajah se kiya tha ke unke kesh bohot lambe the” (I married my wife for one of the reasons that she had long hair).

Big B reveals his diet chart plans

Amitabh Bachchan questioned one of the contestants about what food they like and the contestant mentioned fish. The contestant further added that she knows even Big B’s wife Jaya Bachchan is fond of fish. The contestant further asks about his favourite food and Big B says “I have left eating all of that. In my youth, I would eat but now I have left eating non-veg, sweets, rice, and pan and won't speak any further.”

Big B on pacifying granddaughter Aaradhya when she is upset

While talking to a contestant, Big B spoke about how due to work he is unable to spend much time with his granddaughter Aaradhya and sometimes she does get upset about it. Big further states that whenever Aaradhya is upset he tries to woo her with her favourite stuff. He added, “Yes, I am not able to spend much time with her.' He further added, "When she gets angry or upset with me, I gift her chocolates and bands. Pink is her favourite colour, so I give her pink hair bands and clips when she gets upset. She becomes happy then.”

Big B on his early job days in Kolkata

As one of the contestant answers a Rs 20,000 question, Big B remembers his days in Kolkata when he used to eat Puchka’s. He said “Iske saamne ek phatak hai wahan duniya ka sabse best puchka milta hai. Hum jaise log jinki salary Rs 300-400 hoti thi, wahan jab hum job karte the, khane peene mein bahut dikkat hoti thi. We would survive on Puchka Paani as it was cheap only for do aana 4 aana. Bahut he badhiya puchka milta tha peit bhar ke khate the.”

Big B on dedicating 2 hours of his day for signing his fans letters

In one of the episodes, Amitabh Bachchan talks about spending approximately 2 hours of his day for the fans who write to him otherwise it would be rude. He further says “I get plenty of gifts from the fans everyday. I take them to my room and sits down for at least one and half, two hours everyday signing them. If I don't do it, fans assume I am snooty and throws tantrums.” He also reveals that his family sometimes gets irritated with it and don’t like it when he get those letters home with him. He adds “Main bata nahi sakta sir ghar mein vatavaran bahut kharab hojaata hai sir, aap samjh gaye na sir, woh poochti hain humse Kahan se aaya ye sab? Hum kehte hain, Bhaiya humare prashansak hai ye sab. Abhi rakhenge kahan usko? Sir saara kamra bhar gaya hai.”

Amitabh Bachchan on receiving derogatory remarks on social media

In one of the recent episodes of KBC 14, Amitabh Bachchan asked a contestant if he was on social media. Mr Bachchan later used swearwords in his posts. He said “I was told about blogging and started writing blogs. I don’t understand these things at all. At times, I get trolled about images or captions. They give gaalis. I didn’t know that people also comment on pictures that you post. They write, ‘Kya samajhta hai apne aap ko’ and many other things that I can’t say. I have to think a lot before posting anything.”

Amitabh Bachchan’s way of consoling the contestants

In one of KBC 14's episodes, a contestant wrote a lengthy letter to host Amitabh Bachchan. The contestant read the letter that stated “Respected Amitabh Bachchan ji, I do not know if we can ever be like you, but you have proved time and again that you are one of us. The way you pull the chair for us, wipe our tears with your own handkerchief, meet the audience… Sometimes I think to myself, a superstar like you can only come once in a century.” Since then Amitabh Bachchan has been famous for consoling all the contestants especially women. He also pitched 'AB Tissues' to the Shark Tank India 2 judges on the show. Big B recited his pitch that was “khas mahilao ke liye hum leker aayein hain AB tissue. Iss product ka first round trial bhi hochuka hai, toh aap hamarey iss product mein nivesh kar sakegey ki nahi?”(Especially for women I have got AB Tissue. The first round of this product is complete, so sir would you like to invest in my business?).

Big B reveals on his parents naming him after Quit India Movement

While talking with one of the recent contestant, Big B reveals that while his parents were naming him they wanted to call him Inquilab as Big B was born during the Quit India Movement. He further said “my parents and relatives were going to name me ‘Inquilab’ as I was born during the ‘Quit India Movement’. However, when I was born, the most famous poet of the time visited us and named me ‘Amitabh’.”

Big B reveals about on how his surname 'Bachchan' originated

Amitabh Bachchan once shared a story about his mixed-caste parents. His mother, Teji Bachchan, was a Sikh, and his father, Harivansh Rai Bachchan, was a Kayasth from Uttar Pradesh. He stated that there were a few early roadblocks, but everyone agreed. He claims this occurred in 1942, and he is absolutely amazed that individuals still hold to it. Amitabh Bachchan then disclosed that his father chose the surname Bachchan on purpose because it does not involve any caste. He also stated that when his parents applied for his admission, they were asked about his surname. Rather than their family name, his parents gave Big B his father's pseudonym.

Big B's emotional goodbye message for the show

While still hosting the show, Amitabh Bachchan went on his personal blog and shared about how hard it will be for him to say goodbye to the show. He wrote “The days at KBC are coming to an end and the association brings in withdrawal sentiments .. The crew and cast begin to feel the absence soon of the routine and there is a sense of departure .. But hopefully we shall all be together again .. SOON .. The episodes in conclusion reach out to distinguished celebrities and personalities who have made attractive and commanding contributions to the society and the country at large .. and it has been an honour to be in talks with them, and to learn some of their very educational thoughts and views...what comes through is their dedication towards duty, their discipline and their never failing faith and trust in the work they have been assigned to .. giving it all and their best shot .. a learning for all .. certainly for me ..” Big B further concluded his post by writing “still trying to bring the spirit of involvement in the work assigned and to run on to our destinations and marks with the intent of giving our best ..with love ... and .. yes .. a thought ..even though by the grace of the Lord and Almighty, we do know that what needs replacement can and is affordable .. getting rid of it still giving a sense of loss .. it may have done what it was meant for, but still its departure seems a bit odd and its absence to be kept in abeyance for as long as possible.”

Tags
amitabh bachchan, big b, jaya bachchan, Kaun Banega Crorepati 14, Suma Narsa Prakash

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->