Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Ashutosh Rana in Smita Thackeray's Kalki

Views: 1985  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 11-30-2009, 05:35 PM

Default Ashutosh Rana in Smita Thackeray's Kalki

Even a Smita Thackeray can be hit by recession! Well, sources close to her production house say that the Thackeray bahu was all set to launch a mega-budget show but that was two years ago and things have materialized only now. But now Smita’s Rahul Productions’ Kalki is finally going to see the light of day and according to sources this mythological show will air on Colors. The show originally had Ashutosh Rana in the lead role but after the latest development the actor is clueless about his involvement in the project.

A source from the production house informs, “Kalki is a mega-budget show. It will have prominent Bollywood faces and popular TV faces in it.

Apparently, Amitabh Bachchan too has been approached. Ashutosh Rana too was doing a pivotal role in the show but things are not clear whether or not he would be a part of the show now. Apparently, Jackie Shroff too has been approached for an important role in the show.”

We texted Bachchan but he didn’t revert. Shroff denied being approached.
Rana confirmed the news that he had even shot the promos three years ago. He says, “I had shot the pilot of the show but I am not aware of the current status of the show. Nobody from the production house has informed me of any development. I was playing the title role of Niruthi.”
Rana is even clueless about the show now coming on Colors.

However associate producer Prashantt Thanawala said, “This is a mythological show with special effects. The show is about the 10 avatars of Lord Vishnu and in all probability will air on primetime on Colors. The show is expected to go on floors on December 15 and Ashutosh Rana is a part of the show.”

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->