View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 11:21 AM

116. I have a scenario where the employee can work any 8 hours in a day of 12 hours. where the day starts at 9 am. so for this how can we fix a lunch break, tea break, since there is no fixed log in or log out time. how can we configure for this.ffice:office" />

ANS:1 'Dynamic Breaks' can help you in resolving it.

ANS:2 you can configure this in the IMG :
follow the path : Time Management->Work Schedules ->Daily work schedules -> Determine Break schedule.
I have done as follows
defined a break with no from or to times , and specifying the quantity of time as 30 mins,
but let me know whether this is right or not. how dynamic breaks are help ful in this regard.

ANS:3 Dynamic break means there is no fixed timings for the break taken by the employee. He can take 30 min (in your case) in the entire day. You can also specify this break as paid or un-paid too.

ANS:4 Suppose if you want to give unpaid Tea break after 2 hours of
login for 15 min, don't specify anything in Start & End and mention 0.25
under unpaid and 2.00 under After column.
And for 30 min.Paid Lunch break after 4 hrs, mention 4 under "After" and
0.50 under paid. Make sure to give the same grouping as well as name to all Breaks
with different serial number.

117. My Client has requirement to change from time evaluation with clock times to time evaluation with out clock times in positive time recording.

ANS:1 I would suggest you to read the SPRO doc for Time eval w/o clock times.
It is more benefical if you go through that...
In case if you need more help, let me know. Also tell me what you’re exactly looking in time eval w/o clock times?

ANS:2 Im also working with positive time recording. Please start your work with the concepts what you know. While working if you are getting any doubts, please let me know. So that i will give you the solutions and ideas regarding your threads. Or if you want to know from the first part of the configuration, pls let me know.

ANS:3 Please do the following things and let me know where you are facing problem. then we will go further as it is a long process. pls do agree with me.
Check OR create the table T555Z.
Check or create the table t555e
check or create the table t555a
Check or create the table t 510s
check or create the table t554s
And if you clear with all these things pls let me know. we will go ahead

118. 1. Could any guide me on Time types, Time balances and Time wage types?
2. Bay balance, period balance in "base entitlement for absence quota generation"?

ANS:1 Time types represent a semantic
grouping of duration periods.
Standard settings
The standard SAP system contains common time types as standard entries for a personnel subarea grouping.
These standard entries are generally sufficient for day to day processing within payroll.
----------------
In the standard SAP system, the time type determination group for the employee subgroup grouping for
personnel calculation rules 1, 2 and 3 has the value 02.
The time wage type selection rule group is assigned the value of the employee subgroup grouping for the
personnel calculation rule to read the Time Wage Type Selection Rule table.

ANS:2 Please maintain the following tables for all those:
V_T555A: Used to maintain or add a new time type.
V_T510S: Used to create a selection rule for the time wage type selection.
V_T559L: Used to create a selection rule for quota accrual.

119.. y do v do time evaluation?diff between time evaluation n time recording?
if possible send me configuration material for Time evaluation.

ANS: Time evaluation can be done in 2 ways:
1. positive time recording 2. negative time recording.
1. POSITIVE:
automatic recording:
record separately in a diff. system, upload to R/3
manual recording:
Attendances infotype - 2002

2.NEGATIVE:
record only deviations from the work schedule.

120. 1. Is it possible (if yes, how) to still include a employee in time evaluation even if this employee is inactive (status P0000-STAT2 = 0). We need this in order to calculate weeks of not working (this has to be calculated). I know that for payroll this is possible wih a setting in infotype 0003.
2. Is it possible (and how) to read data back from payroll into time. For example in payroll you export something to ZL table, can you then pick this up in time evaluation schema, as there is also ZL table. Or is there another way to do this?

ANS : Why you want to evaluate the time for inactive person.
If you want you can do.
Process :
First of all you have to group your employees. and sub groups.( for inactive emp)
Assign the employee sub group grouping for PCR in Basic Pay ( IMG ).
Then come to Time Evaluation Schema. Put the Day grouping nn nn nn nn in the Parameters. and run the time evaluation. You will get the output in DZL table.
For the above process you need to configure the T510S table.

Yes you can read the payroll into time.
the same concept will run in both of the modules.
the output should appear in the ZL table only.
Here the concept is.....Some companies, they will not use the payroll wage types. only they will use the time wage types.. these wage types has to be configure in the T510S. and we have to do the wage type copying from the part of time management only if they are not using the payroll. So either in Payroll or in Time management the evaluation of time willbe the same.

First answer: I do not need different employee groups, but need (status P0000-STAT2 = 0) employees to be evaluated. But this problem is solved as I can use operation HRS=Y.....
Second answer: I don't get your answer: the customer uses payroll and the result of a wage type in payroll has then to be read back into time.....

ANS: So i think you have already configured the Wage types in Payroll. And you have transferred to Time. So, now you want to c whether the time is capturing the Payroll wage types or not.
I gave the solution to your answer in the previous reply itself. The Process is, ZL table only stores the time wage types irrespective of whether you configured in the payroll or Time Management.

121. what are this TIME TYPES..?

ANS:1 Time Types are your
Clock in
Clock Out
Break In
Break Out
Offsite In
Offsite out
What ever you are going to use in your PDC.

ANS:2 Time Types are buckets to store time balances. The table is T555A.

ANS:3 Time types Play Important Part in Time Evaluation:
1)They help in creating the TIME ACCOUNTS for the employee
-Once the Time evaluation is run we get time wage types which are set to payroll for calculation of remuneration for the employee. and also we get Time types which are used to show time accounts (with the help of Time balances)for the employee.

Time types store time balances.....
Let me give you an example: say time type-0002(Periodic balance)
If a particular employee worked 10 hours In a day that 10 hours is stored in ZES(Daily Balance) AND Total cumulation for the whole month say 200 hours in SALDO(Monthly Balance).........The whole balances are Put in a Time Type.
V_T555A-used to view time types for a particular period.
these time types are stored in cluster B2