View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 11:19 AM

111. Employees enter their time in SAP Portal. Once these times are approved, these need to be moved in to PeopleSoft. Presently there are complex interfaces for the process. Management has decided to redesign the interfaces.

ANS: The powerful integration broker, we are having in SAP Netweaver is SAP xi, that is exchange infrastructure, which will communicate with any platform.

112. We have implemented time management and we have for for salaried exempt
• enter vacation / sick hours via Portal
• time off auto approved
• reports can be generated via SAP
Likewise we have the same for salaried nonexempt and hourly ees (slightly different though)
in all above cases the ee is assigned a time administrator (TA) code on infotype 1.
So the issues are:
1. there is no logic to the TA codes other than "Hxx"”= hourly person and “Sxx” = salary ee??
2. The TA codes have the Administrator Name as position text of the people manager … this causes multiple text with same name (example attached)
3. A spread sheet is maintained representing the TA code for each people manager
4. Security role is created , apporoved and assigned to each manager… a manager may have multiple roles
5. Each time there is an org change , config must be completed to create new TA codes
In the IMG for Administrator, there are 3 additional fields we could use …but these fields don’t show in the drop down on IT1 . But at least it might be beneficial to store data her rather than in a work sheet.
--------------------------------------NO ANS--------------------------------------

113. 1) how to Configure tables like T555A, T555y, T510S, Etc
2)Configuration of overtime, using Schema’s like TW15, PCR’ ( To01, To02)
3)how to maintain Maintained infotypes like 2001, 2002, 2006 and 2011, Etc
ANS:1
1. These tables are maintained for time wage type generation. In table T555A, you define a time type which you will be using. In table T555Y, you define the processing type-time type pair for a attendance or an absence accordingly to the processing type-time type class. In table T510S, you define the time wage type selection rule for various conditions of the day, time etc.
2. TW15 is used to calculate overtime for more than 8hrs a day. TW30 is used to calculate overtime for more than 40hrs per week. You can customize the rules TO01, TO02 etc for your requirement.

3. 2001 is used to maintain absences, 2002 is used to maintain attendances, 2006 is used to maintain absence quotas, 2011 is used to maintain time events for which you need to maintain 0050.

ANS:2 As you are going for Positive Time evaluation.(2011 infotype in your question). T555Z is also an important table to be checked
Go through the training material HR311 to have a better understanding about +ve time evaluation.

114. Just wondering is it possible to check the time constraint of standard infotypes such that the behaviour of infotype records will react accordingly to the time constraint?
I am aware that we can change the time constraint in PM01 but i have tested it, it does not seem to delimit past infotype records. I have changed the time constraint of Infotype 0081 to 2, but it does not delimit past records. Is it dependent on the infotype itself as well? Is there any existing function module or user exit that I can use to enhance the module pool of infotype to delimit records?

ANS: 1 Check the table v_t582A.
I have changed the field ZEITB for time constraint to 2, but it still doesn't do auto delimitation of a past record when i create a record that has validity dates that overlaps with a past record.
Any subtypes created for this infotype?
I have removed the Subtype table entry, Subty. text tab, Subtype field and Time constraint tab entry in that view that you mentioned previously. Still, it doesn't work. Even if there are Subtype entries, if the Time Constraint is set to 2, shouldn't the delimitation be based on all records instead of Subtypes?

ANS: It has to work with subtype as well since it is not dependent on the subtype
have you created any record with different validity date and try instead of changing 1 field.

Yes, I did. I have changed the validity date. For eg. for 1 record, i have Begin Date as 24th Oct 2007, End Date as 31st Dec 9999. Then I create another record with Begin Date as 26th Oct 2007, End Date as 31st Dec 9999. By right, it shld delimit the first record to end on 25th oct 2007 when the 2nd record is created, based on time constraint 2. But no, it didn't.

ANS: R u doing this for a field or infotypes ?
The time constraint is used only for infotypes .
In configuration ---> In Maintain Infotypes--->Time constarint (subnode) --->Choose the infotype and give the correct time constraint (1/2/3 ) .

I am doing this for infotypes and yes, i have changed the time constraint to 2, but it doesn't do any delimitation for records with validity dates that overlap.

ANS: Try this out.
1) Take infotype 0081 IT , going to PM01----> in change mode .
2) Give time constraint 1 , check Subtype obligatory and Text allowed (It will not affect , no need to remove that check )
3)
1: An infotype record must be available at all times. This record may have no time gaps. You may not delete the record last stored on the database because all records of this infotype would otherwise be deleted.
2: Only one record may be available at one time, but time gaps are permitted.
3: Any number of records may be valid at one time, and time gaps are permitted.
4) Try with two,three infotypes 0022 etc

I have changed it to time constraint 1, subtype obligatory and text allowed. I created 1 record with Dates: 24.10.2007 - 31.12.9999. Another record with Dates: 24.11.2007 - 31.12.9999. It did not delimit the first record. However, when I tried to delete either of the record, it says 'Record cannot be delimited (time constraint 1)', although there are currently 2 records.
Somehow, the other record seems to be invisible to the other. FYI, this behaviour is not what I require. I need the records to do auto delimitation of previous records if it overlaps with previous records.

ANS: Can u tell me which IT r u trying ,,,, try for 0022 IT too ,
check whether the behaviour is the same .
When u give 2 as time constraint , your problem should be solved .
Eg: 24.10.2007 - 31.12.9999 - 1st record
24.11.2007 - 31.12.9999 - 2nd record
While saving the second record ,
IF Time constraint is 1 : it will delimit with a date as 23.11.2007 for 1st record
IF Time constraint is 2 : it will delimit with a date as 23.11.2007 for 1st record (does the same thing)
Time gaps are the difference (You can have the record delimited to 20.11.2007 for Tiime constrint 2 but for 1 it should not allow the same)
If this is not happening the messages are the problem .
Use user exit for the same to correct the problem .
What is the message ur getting when you try to save the second record .

It works for Infotype 0022- past record will get delimited. But I need it to work for Infotype 0081- Military Service. Currently IT0081 record doesn't get delimited. Could it be becoz it is a time management infotype?
Btw, for Infotype 0081, when i changed it to Time Constraint 2, no messages are prompted at all. Another record would just be created without the past record being delimited- behaviour is as if its time constraint 3.

115. Would some colleagues have experience concerning time keeping clock suppliers having developed adequate interface between their clocks and Sap and delivering complete packages (hardware and software)

ANS: There are SEVERAL.....look at Time Management 3rd party partners.....they are across the board...you have many options and most all provide out-of-the-box solutions. Check SAP's site for a list of the certified vendors.