View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 11:18 AM

107. 1. For Leave carry forward which infotype do we use? Could you suggest me the navigation path to carry forward for next year? And what is the report we use to generate “leave carry forward”?
2. Where can we assign different absence types for particular employee group
3. What method do we use to upload the data to IT0008?
4. How do we configure second Saturday? Navigation path and what components should be considered while doing that?
5. Could you give suggestion for this Mr. X is an employee coming late to the office daily by 30 minutes for the whole week, and the time amount has to be deducted from his pay? How can we do that?
6. What do we set in IT0007 for TMSTA if do not use time evaluation? And what do we set if we use time evaluation?
7. In “permit time quota with out using time evaluation”, we have optionals like no, generation, increase and replace when do we use each of them?

ANS: 2. Where can we assign different absence types for particular employee group
Ans :(a) IMG node : Time Management->Time Data Recording and Administration->Absences->Group Personnel Subareas for Attendances and Absences.
(b) IMG node : Time Management->Time Data Recording and Administration->Absences->Absence Catalog ->Absence Counting ->Rule for Absence->Group Employee Subgroups for Time Quotas

4. How do we configure second Saturday? Navigation path and what components should be considered while doing that?
Ans: This has to be configured in your work schedule, mark each second saturday as absence in the holiday calendar, create the work schedule and generate.

5. Could you give suggestion for this Mr. X is an employee coming late to the office daily by 30 minutes for the whole week, and the time amount has to be deducted from his pay? How can we do that?
Answer : From Time perspective, make Time Management status in nifty 0007 as 1 or 9, refer F1 help on the field in infotype 0007.

6. What do we set in IT0007 for TMSTA if do not use time evaluation? And what do we set if we use time evaluation?
Answer: Mark Time Management status as '7' - Time Evaluation without payroll integration.

7. In “permit time quota with out using time evaluation”, we have optionals like no, generation, increase and replace when do we use each of them?
Ans : No generation : No quota accrual has to happen-> User will fill in the Quota amount.
Increase : Quota accrued is increased in the generating proportion.
Replace: Quota accrued is replaced by the new value of accrual.

ANS: for second saturday u can define holiday from a fixed date like
after 8th of every month u can fallow second saturday.
so u can make as after 8th coming saturday as holiday
hope this 'll help u

108. anyone now how to use some of the following bapis?
BAPI_PTMGREXTREMSPEC_INSERT
BAPI_PTMGREXTREMSPEC_INSWACT
BAPI_PTMGREXTREMSPEC_INSWCOST
i need to know how to USE this bapis, i dont know how to insert data using this BAPI, wich parameters are needed.

ANS:1 Call transaction BAPI. There select [Hierarchical][Personnel Time Management][PTManagerExtAttAbs]. The three insert methods are the BAPIS that you want to call. In the tree there are also the documentation for the parameters
my problem is that i dont know which parameters are needed in order to create an absence or attendance.

ANS:2 following is from the documentation:
Import parameters
AttendanceAbsence
- Attendance/absence
Description - For more information on the individual parameter fields, see the data element documentation in the ABAP Dictionary.
The following data is required:
Logical system of the original document (Field EXTSYSTEM)
External application (Field EXTAPPLICATION)
Document number (Field EXTDOCUMENTNO)
Personnel number (Field EMPLOYEENUMBER)
From date (Field FROM_DATE)
To date (Field TO_DATE)
Attendance or absence type (Field ABS_ATT_TYPE)
Start time (Field START_TIME) and End time (Field END_TIME) or
Attendance/absence hours (Field ABS_ATT_HOURS)
What is your problem?

I need to know the technical process that is recommended between the moment a positive employee clocks in and clocks out to the final moment where time management has fed payroll. Would you know that or have that by any chance.

ANS:3 Only one parameter is enough. see below....
CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_PTMGREXTREMSPEC_INSERT'
TABLES
remuneration_specification = remuneration_specification
return = return.

109. Is there any way that i can enter time in cat2 No of hours worked in that period.
Ex: i want to enter No of hours worked (REG) = 80 instead of entering each day 8 hours --> i.e. monday 8h, Tue 8h, wed - 8 ....... i just want to enter the total amount hours worked for whole period insted of
day by day.

ANS:1 Check for the Data Entry Profile properties under the section "Time Settings"- whether it is a weekly entry or daily entry. Access the Data entry profile using the SPRO path
SPRO->IMG -> Personnel Management -> Employee Self Service -> Service Specific Settings ->Working Time -> Record Working Time -> Setup Data Entry Profiles.
Or use transaction code CAC1.

ANS:2 Check DATA entry profile , May be it can be done by profile or else try if you can directly enter the no of hrs with out filling days information.

ANS:3 By default Standard SAP allows you to enter attendance type and hours day wise . You cannot enter total hours for the whole week in the CATS.
One option is possible if you use 2010 instead of 2002 or 2001. You can create a wage type called Regular Hours and ask the employees to enter the total hours for this wage type in time sheet. Hope this help.

If i create a wage type reg hours and can i use that in CAT2 to enter the total hours or i have to use IT2010 for entering time. What about Over time again

ANS:4 Your requirement is kind of abnormal. Normally when you use time sheet its expected that you enter time everyday. If you really want to allow employee to enter total number of hours in the week say 40 hours in the week as regular hours, 8 hours overtime etc then you need to use Infotype 2010 and you can ask the employees to enter these hours in time sheet using two different wagetypes , one for regular hours and other for overtime. Then using CAT6 you can move the hours to IT2010. Hope this clarifies your query.

now i assigned hours using wage type from IT2010 and in payroll it is also taking it but it is also taking from workschedules as well how can i stop that and one more thing i am conserned about is in our client accruals are calculated according to the hours EE worked. i.e. for ever hour EE worked they will get 0.01 hours of sick. can we configure that if we assign hours through IT2010.

ANS:5 U want to compensate O.T by paying / Time in Lieu..
If u want to pay then u can use 2010 IT. If u want to give Comp Off, U have to transfer the O.T hours into a daily Time Type and link it to the sick leave quota..

110. am working with ESS standard applications, can you any one please help me how to configure these two feature "LLREP" and "WEBMO" .Its very high priority work.

ANS: Go to PE03 type LLREP ( Variants for Reports) go to function code TIME expand ZTERF(Employee Time Management Status) here you can assign your variant according to Time Status.
Go to PE03 type WEBMO(Rule Group for Customizing Tables in web Env)select APPID (Application ID) expand click on ESS_ LR(LEave Request Application) then according to ESG you can specify your Rule Group for Work Flows.