View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 05:16 AM

Baked Potato with Egg, Extra Sharp Cheddar, and Canadian Bacon

When I saw this recipe on Cathy's site, Wives with Knives, I knew instantly that I would be making it. While my kids enjoyed the Baked Cinnamon Mini Donuts with Maple Glaze, my husband and I gobbled up these amazing baked potatoes stuffed with extra sharp cheddar, Canadian bacon, an over easy egg, topped with green onions. They were so simple to make and they tasted fantastic! We both loved them and I will definitely be making them again and again. Thanks for the delicious recipe Cathy!! Head over to Cathy's site to see all of her amazing recipes.

Baked Potato with Egg, Extra Sharp Cheddar, and Canadian Bacon:
Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Wives with Knives
  • 2 baked potatoes, top third removed, and the filling scooped out
  • Extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
  • Canadian bacon, sliced
  • 2 eggs
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
  • Green onions, sliced

Bake your potatoes in a 400 degree oven for 1 hour. Remove the top third of the potato and scoop out most of the filling. Make sure to leave some of the filling in so the potato will not collapse.

Sprinkle the inside with some cheese and Canadian bacon then crack an egg and pour it inside. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.

Place the potatoes in a baking dish and place in the oven preheated to 400 degrees. Cook until the egg is set but the yolk is still soft, about 15 minutes, or until the egg is cooked to your liking.

Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sliced green onions. Serve immediately. Enjoy.