View Single Post
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-20-2011, 04:22 PM

Manish Paul will soon be seen playing the lovable geek Amol in Pyaar Mein Twist on STAR Plus. The show is a romantic comedy about the lead characters Amol and Rekha aka Roshini Chopra who are total opposites and are brought together by destiny.

More on Pyaar Mein Twist : Discuss here | Watch full episodes

We catch up with Manish and find out about his latest role. Manish says: “Pyaar Mein Twist has a fresh concept and it is not the usual saas-bahu stuff that I hate. My character Amol is the complete opposite of what I am in real life. I have been anchoring for a long time now but have decided to return to acting because this role is so different and interesting.”

Speaking about his contribution towards the look of his character Manish says: “Most people think that if the character is a geek he has to be similar to Shah Rukh Khan of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi but I was totally against this. I designed the look of my character and luckily the team accepted my suggestions”. The actor also reveals that his look bears resemblance to Amol Palekar as well as Hrithik’s in Koi Mil Gaya. Manish says: “My look was designed keeping both veteran actor Amol Palekar as well as Hrithik’s character in Koi Mil Gaya in mind.” So did Manish have any reservations about playing a geek rather than hip and stylish leading man? “I did not have any apprehensions because I had many meetings with the team to discuss my character. I took about 2 months to accept the role”.

Manish also goes on to reveal that he identifies with Amol whose wife Rekha is completely opposite in terms of personality. Manish says: “ In real life too I am married to a person who is completely opposite to me so I completely identify with that aspect.” As for his experience of shooting with co-star Roshni Chopra and the rest of the cast he says: “ I have just shot with the team for a few days and the experience has been good. I hope it continues to be the same way.”

Speaking about why his fans should watch the show Manish says: “Watch the show because I am in it (Laughs). On a serious note the story is good, scenes are funny and it is a light comedy with good actors in it”. On a parting note the actor adds “For now I am focusing on Pyaar Mein Twist but hosting is what I love and I will take it up if I get any good offer”.